Father, in the name of Jesus, we confess Your Word concerning the healing of ALL GOD'S PEOPLE. As we do this, I believe and say that Your Word will not return to You void in ALL GOD'S PEOPLE'S behalf, but will accomplish what Your Word says it will.
Therefore, we believe in the name of Jesus that ALL GOD'S PEOPLE are healed, totally and completely, from the top of their heads to the soles of their feet, according to 1 Peter 2:24.
It is written in Your Word that Jesus Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses. Therefore, with great boldness and confidence we say on the authority of the written Word that ALL GOD'S PEOPLE IN THE EARTH, WORLD, UNIVERSE are redeemed from the curse of sickness, and we refuse to tolerate it.
1 Peter, Chapter 2:24: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
By: Lou Sanders
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
149 comments:
First!
<><
Jib,
That Glen Beck radio interview w/Joel Rosenburg was good.
Thanks!
(I always look where I last left off.)
Lisa
Jec,
We're grateful to have you as a silent prayer warrior!
Hope you'll stop by and comment when your able.
Lisa
Just stepped out of the closet for a few minutes and I see we've clocked up another 150. Just as well someone is on the ball - excellent post, Alesia.
Syria warns Israel of Imminent explosion
for those who missed it on the last post here is the transcript of Joel's radio interview with Glenn Beck
Radio
This link is an update of the Pastor on the Epicenter Conference who's son was Ariel was blown up.
David Oritz Update
We may not realize how much the Jews really resent Christians: Here is the end of the link:
"He estimated that Christian missionaries have succeeded in converting around 15,000 Jews to Christianity in Israel, adding that the missionaries target those “without defense - people ignorant of Judaism, such as Russian immigrants, and the lonely. This is why they succeeded, in a Jewish state, unbelievably. They have 120 branches in Israel,” he said, blaming the Jewish Agency and the government for failing to provide a Jewish education to new immigrants.
“We are now pushing for legislation that would make it illegal for members of any religion to try and convert others to their faith,” Lifshitz said. “Our struggle isn’t against anyone. What we’re saying is, we are Jews. Let us be Jews. Christians should remain Christians. In our 50 years of activity, we’ve never had any violence. We have a big argument with messianic Jews, but that doesn’t include violence,” Lifshitz said.
Thanks very much for the prayers. The surgery went well and the kidney was removed after a 3 hour op but the tumour had started to spread and was no longer encapsulated. We will only know how aggressive after test are done on Monday. Lymph nodes on both side had to be removed as well! Adi is saved but will need plenty of prayer as she is already asking why her?
Are we sure Tony Blair is not the False Prophet,Anti-Christ,Muslim something or other?
Maybe the John the Baptist of the Anti-Christ-setting the stage?
It's as if he's getting worse by the minute.
Every Metropolitan Police Officer to be Micro Chipped
Jeri,
This book may help your wife & family out with the Whys?
90 Minutes in Heaven
I read it in one sitting.
**Read the comments at the bottom of the Amazon page.
Lisa
Lisa,
I read that book 2 or 3 weeks ago & have to disagree with you. I was very unimpressed (based on it's title)
Sorry :-(
Lisa, Shalom! About the "David Oritz Update", I can kinda identify with what Lifshitz was saying, "...blaming the Jewish Agency and the government for failing to provide a Jewish education to new immigrants." I imagine the latest set of immigrants performing aliya were a bit of a shock to Israeli society. They've had religious Jews, secular Jews, ultra-Orthodox Jews, even lost Jews -- groups that had kept Jewish traditions while having been totally isolated from the rest of the Jewish world for millenia. But now they're getting people who have been culturally or legally defined as "Jews" without having ANY knowledge of what Judaism is, other than just a notation on their identity card that can attract the attention of the police. And I think, yes, SOMEONE is going to have to provide training to these new immigrants to help them understand what Judaism is. My question is why it must the the Israeli goverment? Why doesn't Mr. Lifshitz's organization provide the education?
Having said that, I find the thought of Israel being a place where it is illegal to change your religion to be terrifying. They can say that it's not illegal to change your religion, just illegal to try to convert someone, but you know: the minute that someone converts, someone else will try to arrest the minister or priest because the convert wouldn't have converted if someone didn't try to convert them.
<><
Harold and Texan, Shalom! Just a few thoughts on earthquakes before I crawl off to bed...
It looks like the entire Ring of Fire is acting up. This graphic from the USGS shows the Ring of Fire, while this graphic from Worldbook.com shows the known volcanoes in the Ring of Fire. We're getting earthquakes up and down the Ring. You can see it on this map that shows all the earthquakes magnitude 4.0 and above in the world. It may turn out to be an interesting spring.
Also, I'm not too worried about Mac and the earthquakes. The closest earthquake was 420 miles (or about the distance from Chicago to Omaha) from Darwin, in the Northern Territory of Australia, while the largest (7.3) was 1120 miles ENE of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, or about the distance from New York to Miami. (Or the distance between London and Istanbul.)
<><
Thanks for the concern all but I'm located in the Sth East of Oz - Melbourne Victoria. My suburb gets blasted by freakish wind storms occasionally - but my house seems to be protected, praise God.
Hi Jim,
I have been noticing the same pattern of earthquakes around the Ring of Fire for awhile now, but it does seem to be getting worse lately. There are earthquakes occurring in places I haven't seen them before.
The first graphic you linked to of the Ring of Fire was interesting. I haven't seen that one before. The last webpage you linked to on the USGS, "Latest Earthquakes in the World - Past 7 days" I check several times a day. There are currently 192 earthquakes on it, but I did see it go over 300 a few weeks ago.
You mentioned the long distance between the earthquakes at the Vanuatu Islands and at the Loyalty Islands and where Mac lives. The earthquakes are not my concern. My concern is if Kuwae blows its' top like it did in 1453, we are all in trouble. As I mentioned previously, when it blew up in 1453, the volcanic ash in the atmosphere darkened the whole earth and cooled the planet for years afterward. World starvation will be terrible if this volcano blows up like that again.
After reading some accounts of when Constantinople was overthrown by the Ottomans in 1453, it sounds like freakishly bad weather, darkness during the day and earthquakes were what the residence of Constantinople were experiencing during the siege. They thought the end of the world was occurring and I can't say I blame them.
We seem to be getting a lot of freakishly bad weather in North America lately, but I don't think it is the result of a volcano this time. :-)
God Bless,
Harold
hmmm
there was an earthquake where we were at this time last week within the last 8 hours. very thankful we aren't there!
regarding the freakish weather-we're currently trying to force the Jews to divide Jerusalem in half-I would look for some sort of division of this country on physical means of our larger cities or seats of things-Jerusalem is central for heritage-cultural, religious etc. I would expect that Washington, LA and NY would be hit by something. Perhaps other cities as well but for better or worse those are heritage cities for the US-especially DC. Now will it happen just because we are trying to force the Jews to do this or will this happen only if we succeed in convincing the Jews to do this?
Jeri
not sure there is an answer that isn't completely trite and cliched. We will be praying for her and all of you.
Aleisa,
I personally liked the book but if you look at the reviews on Amazon-there are a couple people who gave it a 1 star & explain their reasoning.
So you may agree with their assessment.
At the time I read it my father was dying and I was visiting a nursing home every day. So I found it encouraging (especially for the older Christians I saw in the nursing home-which I then gave to book to)
So I probably related to it in a different way being in the midst of that particular situation.
Lisa :)
I was thinking again about Tony Blair and Micro-chipping the police.
When he was first in office-He started out with the ban on Foxhunting.
Now when you think of England-I think Foxhunting would come to mind. It's a deep rooted tradition in their country.
Horses were actually the common interest that brought my husband and I togeather. When we got married I had 3 and he had 4 to we had a marriage of 7 horses.
And-he was a foxhunter. I participated for him but I would have rather just gone on a trail ride. So I rode in 2nd field (jumps optional) and just tried to survive. (We hunted in snow,rain,heat-anything-the terrain in CA is rough,rocky,and steep)
So I really understand quite a bit about Foxhunting. (We actually hunted Coyotees-rarely caught one.Never saw it myself. I just felt like we would run around in circles on horseback)
But you have quite an a large industry supported. Foxhounds,Horses,Farriers,Hay,Supplies,Workman,Farmers,etc..
So the fact that Blair would turn on an industry and a tradition of England under the banner of animal rights-shows that he really doesn't care for the "traditions" of much of anything.
England is now being taken over by Islam. Their whole way of life is being threatened.
He's a globalist and now w/the EU situation coming forward. Micro-chipping the Police force-he's really someone to keep you eyes on.
I really loved Britain. It makes me sick to see what is happening there.
Lisa
Please excuse all my mis-spellings.
(If I don't have a cat walking on my keyboard then my kids are wrecking havoc in the background.)
Hey jib,
Don't forget Philly. TONS of the original historical sites there, esp. with Constitutional Hall, etc. Hubby and I have been watching the mini-series "John Adams" (forget the channel) and it has reminded us/awed us about all that went on in the city that's just 45 mins. down the road from us. Hubby grew up in the city and so spent MANY days on school outings, etc. visiting the sites. I've been there a dozen times maybe but I often forget the impact of what happened on those streets 200 years ago. I'd list it up there with DC in terms of historical impact.
Blessings,
Jen
Jib, Shalom! You wrote at 7:11 AM:
...we're currently trying to force the Jews to divide Jerusalem in half-I would look for some sort of division of this country on physical means of our larger cities or seats of things...
Jerusalem may divided in half, but the rest of Samaria and Judea counts as about a quarter of the territory of Israel. If the New Madrid fault goes in Missouri, everyone talks about the great damage it would do to St. Louis and Memphis, but don't forget: New Madrid is very close to the junction of the Mississippi and Ohio rivers at Cairo, IL. It's only 35 miles NNE from New Madrid to Cairo and on a direct line with the major New Madrid fault line, which runs on a SSW-NNE axis. (The minor fault line is on a NW-SE axis.)
To review, New Madrid, MO is next to the epicenter of a series of earthquakes in late 1811-early 1812. From historical descriptions, these weren't just a major earthquake followed by aftershocks, but a series of earthquakes with aftershocks all estimated to be around magnitude 8 -- either equal to or larger than the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake. (The estimates are based on contemporary accounts of damage and events, and geologic evidence of ground shifting.) The earthquakes were large enough to ring church bells in Charleston, SC and topple chimneys and church steeples in Boston, MA. For a time, the Mississippi River ran backwards.
If New Madrid goes, it's acknowledged that we will have devestation up and down the Mississippi River. While most articles and news programs have focused on the destruction to cities (most notably St. Louis and Memphis), the entire infrastructure of the region will be damaged. The East part of America will be cut off from the West part (except for portions up in Minnesota, which may be far enough away) because the bridges across the Mississippi will either be destroyed, damaged, or closed until officials can determine that they are safe to use. Think of the number of bridges that were found to be "marginal" after the Minneapolis Bridge Collapse last summer, and you'll have an idea of how long that will take.
We can also expect all (and I mean ALL) traffic on the Mississippi River to be shut down for an undetermined amount of time. This earthquake will be powerful enough to change the course of the river. Look at a map of the lower Mississippi River and see how many twists and turns it makes. You'll also see how many ox-bow lakes there are. There is a rule of hydrology that says a river cannot go longer than ten times its width before turning. Depending on the speed and flow of the river, it may be a small jog; in the case of the Mississippi, it's going to have major jogs. The action of the river keeps eating away at the jog, and eventually you have an ox-bow being formed -- the river straightens out and the river starts eating out new jogs. If you've ever read Mark Twain's "Life on the Mississippi", you'll remember that the Mississippi changed constantly. It still does, but the series of locks and dams on the river have tamed it somewhat (but not completely.)
It's possible that the earthquake (or earthquakes, if the pattern of 1811-1812 holds true) will straighten out many of these jogs and open up new ones (i.e., ox-bows that had been separated from the river will become part of the river again). In other words, the course of the river will change, many places may need to be dredged to allow ships to pass, and until it can be mapped again it will be unnavigable for commercial traffic. It's also very possible that the earthquakes will damage many of the locks and dams up and down the river. So in addition to the Mississippi River being unnavigable, it may very well be impassable.
And while I've been focusing on the Mississippi River, all the things I've describe will also apply to the Ohio River: bridges being damaged, destroyed, or closed until they can be inspected; locks and dams being shut down, and all river traffic stopped until further notice.
I'll be honest: I just started out to write a quick reply to point out a scenario I developed last year. Today, for the first time in a long time, I've been inspired to go beyond the simple "quick reply" and write about a scenario and the effects it would have on life in America. This inspiration called me to do more research to see just what the effects would be beyond what I had been thinking before. In trying to figure out the effects of a series of magnitude 8 earthquakes centered on New Madrid would do to the rivers of American, I ran across THIS web page. (Cruising America's Waterways Locator Map) When I realized the implications of what I was seeing, all I could do was go to the bottom of this document and write, "Dear G_D Almighty, forgive us our sins."
If you'll go to the map, you'll see a very colorful display of major American commercial waterways that allow ordinary people to cruise on them and take in the sights. This map includes not only rivers but canals. I started to view the list of rivers connected to the Ohio water system. Every one of these waterways has locks and dams to prevent or minimize flooding, or to bypass hazardous areas (rapids, etc.) Here is a list of the waterways that would be affected, either shut down completely or partially, both river traffic and bridges across the waterways. (I'm copying the list from the web page; the numbers refer to the river numbers on the map):
1. Mississippi River (upper)
2. Mississippi River (lower)
3. Ohio River and tributaries
8. McClellan-Kerr Navigation System (Arkansas River)
9. Ouachita/Black Rivers
13. Missouri River
14. Illinois River
15. Cumberland River
16. Tennessee River
18. Red River & Atchafalaya Basin
19. Alabama/Mobile/Black Warrior/Tombigbee/Tenn-Tom Canal
Some of these may appear to be a stretch, such as #9 and #18. However, it only takes one broken lock-and-dam or one collapsed bridge in the right place to make multiple rivers impassable. For example, if shipping from Pittsburgh cannot go down the Ohio River to the Mississippi River because the Mississippi is impassable, it's possible that they could go down the Tennessee River to the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway (Tenn-Tom Canal) and from there go down to Mobile, AL. However, if the Pickwick Lock and Dam in Tennessee should fail, or any of the half-dozen locks and dams on the Tenn-Tom should fail, that whole route fails.
What I see is a national disaster that would both cut this nation in two (up and down along the Mississippi River) and cut off a quarter of the country (Southeastern US). Rather like what we're trying to get Israel to do.
Dear G_D Almighty, forgive us our sins.
<><
Jim
I hadn't forgotten about the whole new madrid fault things. It is still tenable, very much so. My reasoning was based on something Dr Frucht said. That the blessings and cursing of countries with how the treat the Jews tends to be in kind-same thing but more so. When he looks at history and notes that Spain ceased to be a world power when they started persecuting the Jews-I'd have to look for it to get the exact wording but it was just before the Spanish Armada and the rise of Britain. He made a similar case about Britain and her empire and the Jews. I was looking not just at division of land but what exactly it is we are trying to force the division of. We aren't trying to force the division of the entire country-just about 1/4 as you said and the city which is the most important to Jews historically, religiously, culturally-don't know a lot about the current financial capital of Israel but wouldn't surprise me to find that it is Jerusalem. (although I think it's actually Tel Aviv). So in considering division and loss I think the context of what is being divided is very important as well. True, we'd be brought to an economic standstill by a quake or a series of quakes in the New Madrid area but that's it. It doesn't affect necessarily the heart and soul of the general person in the US-it's not visceral like the division of Jerusalem would be. I'm not saying it wouldn't be tragically devestating but I am looking for a little more. The destruction of NY, DC, Philly, Boston, Chicago, and LA would hit us much more viscerally and would entail losses of major historical, cultural and economic areas. If you took the land mass of all those cities with their suburbs it might not be 25% but if there were other cities added-say Phoenix, Houston, San Fran I'll bet you could quickly get to 25% in no time.
as you said-God have mercy on us and forgive us for what we are doing as a nation
btw-consider Joel's scenario in Dead Heat, major nuclear catastrophe's on several cities. The actual destruction wouldn't reach 25% but the contamination sure would and depending on the cities hit would completely devastate the US-physically and heart and soul.
Jim you really put in alot of thought into the earthquake river system senario.
(Hey, I thought I got away from the CA eathquakes and substituted them for tornadoes.You can run but you can't hide!)
Our pastor did a good sermon today re: Unmasking false teachings.
Oprah was the main subject. I don't think there was any new information that we have not already covered. He showed the Oprah internet clip then dissected what she stated in relation to what the Bible says.
He did bring up her statement about God's "Jealousy. Where she must be in her mind to think that the creator who holds the universe togeather in His hands would be jealous of her.(But rather that He is Jealous to save our souls to be w/Him for eternity.)
If anyone want's to see or send it to someone who may be dabbling with her books/seminar let me know and I'll post the link.
Lisa
U=Islamic Threat from Mexico
Texan-take a look.
North American Union
At the bottom of the page is a link to a new book called "The Late Great USA." Looks like it could be a pretty good read.
It's almost sureal what is happening to the USA right before our very eyes.
If we didn't have the internet to access all this information- how much concealed information would we miss? Talk Radio is another pretty good source as times.
Do you think this is why the majority of people are clueless? Or are they just so wrapped up in their own lives that they are distracted.
I feel like screaming from my rooftop!
WAAAAAKE UUUUUUUUUUP!
North American Union
Obama Church Newletter re Israel
"Winfrey had been a member of Obama's church but reportedly departed in 1986."
Hum?
Hi Folks,
Just checking in briefly. Why don't we all include Oprah in our prayers. Wouldn't it be cool if she became a Christian in front of America?
Her current thoughts on Christ being the only way is similar to what many of us thought before we became Christians.
Keep her in your prayers!
<><
I just received this link from a member of our family and I just thought you all might enjoy hearing it too. Be sure to let it play back all the way through until it starts from the bottom back up. Great big surprise.
Have a great and wonderful week and keep looking up!
Grany
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsPBVNecOMo
jim,
That was a great earthquake scenario! I can totally see that happening in the near future. Thank goodness I live in Canada! :-)
granny,
Cool youtube video!
Hi Donna,
Our pastor mentioned Opray today in his message.
Kathy
Harold, don't be too smug! Talk to Boatman about the threat of earthquakes in the Niagara river system!
<><
since I've been doing a lot of reading lately on the emerging church I had some thoughts I put on paper regarding cultural relevancy at my blog.
it is moderator comment enabled so your comments won't appear right away.
Here's a story about Carter visiting Sderot:
Carter visits battered Israel town
<><
Hi All,
First of all, Jeri, I'm praying for your wife and family and Lisa for your husband.
My friend Kameron, the 40, blind and pregnant friend, had her baby 6 mos ago and is doing well. God is also healing her marriage. ON top of everything else, Kameron has feeling in her face and head where it had disappeared after she was shot in the head 11 years ago. Kameron began opening her one eye last week, it's now almost fully opened. She also walked into her room and saw the room and her baby's feet just for a few seconds. She went to a new church in Charlotte yesterday and during prayer for her, she opening her eyes and she saw everyone's Bibles glowing. She only saw it for a few minutes, but it's a miracle. When the bullet entered her temple 11 years ago, it ricocheted off her jaw and she was unable to open it, she can now open her jaw all the way. Please keep praying for her.
Thursday we left to prepare a campground for 25 middle school students. We returned yesterday. The campfire portion was amazing as students got up on their own to confess the areas of their lives they had put before God. There was canoeing, kayaking, vertical climbing, batmitten, swimming, swinging rope into the Old Kissimmee River, shaving cream fight, and a 100 foot by 10 foot slip and slide.
I got a nasty bump on the head during the trip, but God is faithful to his word and is healing the damage, inside and out.
(FYI-no heroics on my part, or adventurous behavior, I injured my head on a freezer door!)
As for my recent absence, I had to take a breather. I was becoming intolerant to some of the things that have been discussed here lately. Clearly we can disagree on many topics. I expect there to be accountability on theories, including scriptural references. It was bothering me that a few people seemed to take this site "captive" to really push their thoughts on certain topics.
One topic was Nephilim, the other rapture timing. I don't think either of these topics are worth haggling over. I think sometimes when we obssess on a topic it is distracting us from seeking a closer relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
Most of us here believe in a pre-trib. rapture. Some are post-trib., so what? I don't really care. You're all my brothers and sisters and I'll see you in the air soon enough. We'll all be so thrilled we won't care about his timing, because his timing is perfect.
God is not the author of confusion, yet when the topic of the neph comes up, the spirit of error seems to rear its ugly head.
I'm only telling you all this because many are asking me where I've been.
Time is too short to waste on debatable topics. Let's be an encouragement to one another, building up each other in the love of Christ.
I used to share the endtimes news, but when I found early on one of Mac's earliest cave dwelling sites, that it was bother others, I quit posting it.
I do not wish to offend and I know I probably have offended many today but I really needed to share my heart.
I love you all
lori
to all;
Has anyone found out any new news about Joel's blog and the comments section. Why it was shut down and when it might be up again?
LORI,
God Bless you and keep you safe and in perfect running order. I agree with you whole heartedly and if that bothers some, well, you will have to do what we do when we get bothered. Pray and get over it. But sharing our faith, love of Christ and God's word is the most important purpose of our fellowship. We encourage and support each other and it has such a connection for us all that we hurt when others here hurt and have needs that we can gather around and share. You are all so very important to each one of us and sharing here is like having a great big wonderful family that we can love and have hope in.
When I share with people about my Cave Family they can't believe this actually happens on the internet. They think the internet is evil and all of the negative things consume the whole system. Well, we are making a difference in their concept and in doing this, we are turning what was meant for evil into a victory for the Kingdom of God. I have shared about the prayers that have been answered gloriously (Like Lori's just now) and how we all take our promises to pray very seriously. My storm story has stirred up a whole lot of people to re-exam their own approaches to prayer. The fact that we all prayed in unity for the very same thing and the storm was turned aside has made a very strong statement. God is God and there is no other. He keeps his word and His Word is alive and ready to come for us any minute.
Just because I have a fire burning inside of me for the truth of God's word doesn't mean that everything I read and learn is vital to others here. But I will throw out what I have learned because I just have to share it with you all. Not to do anything other than to build up each other in the faith and power of God's provisions that he has in his word for those who do believe.
I want us all to make it to the final curtain but I want each and every one of us to do so with all of the weapons at our disposal. Telling that and sharing the promises of God helps us to endure to the end. My prayer for each and every one of you, that the Holy Spirit will fill you so full that you will leak. In other words, you gonna share the gospel with power to spare for their salvation.
While I was forming this comment, I was impressed to share these verses with you.
Five times in the “Farewell Discourse” Jesus spoke of the gift of the Spirit.
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. (John 14:16,17)
But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. (John 14:26)
When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me. And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning. (John 15:26, 27)
But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned. (John 16:7-11)
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you. (John 16:13-15)
All we know now is just a little bit, but the closer we come to the climax of our Church Age, the more God will reveal those things he has hidden from the world, to his body of believers, the Church. It will be the Anointed Ones going on to the Bridegroom for the feast to end all feast.
I am awfully hungry, and only getting more so by the minute.
Love you all,
Grany
jim,
Yeah, I remember boatman talking about the earthquake threat in the Niagara River system. I was going to say that I have nothing to worry about, as I live 130 miles from Niagara Falls. However, I decided to do a little research this morning.
Whoa! They have recently found fault lines under Lake Ontario and Lake Erie (maybe boatman mentioned this before, but I don't remember).
One-third of Canada's 33.4 million people live in the small area of Southern Ontario. We are surrounded by the Great Lakes. I live in London, which is smack in the middle of Lake Erie, Lake Ontario and Lake Huron. I have absolutely no idea what would happen if we got hit by a huge earthquake. Lake Superior is over 1500 feet deep in places and Lake Huron is 750 feet deep. If you look at a map and compare the size of the Great Lakes to the size of Southern Ontario, yikes! Not to mention Hudson Bay directly above me. Maybe I better keep my scuba diving equipment handy! :-)
Shalom, all! I'm off to take my youngest daughter to a Superchik concert! Please pray for my safe travel, and I'll TTYL!
<><
Harold, me thinks your snorkling gear will be of greater use in the long run. Of course, you might have extra tanks of air but I can't see you dragging those tanks around with you where ever you go. LOL @:o In the long run, I would say that you will be able to float longer than you can swim.
As far as the New Madrid Fault fracture scene; well that could come about too but in the meantime, you will have a few minutes or hours to readdress those people you have been witnessing to. I am sure they will find a way to get interested in what you are saying now.
What did you all think of the picture of Hillary jugalugging the drink for the cameras? Even Obama has enough sense not to cheapen his self by doing that. I wish election day was today so we could get this circus over with.
JIM are you going by scooter?
Grany
Things are rapidly heading downhill in many countries. The current oil crisis is nothing compared to the food crisis:
Riots, instability spread as food prices skyrocket
Who knew that taking 1/3 of the corn crop to make ethanol would help cause a world food shortage?! That would have required foresight and planning. The important thing is that we are trying to be green and prevent Global Warming while the rest of the world starves to death. Thanks Al Gore!
Hi Harold,
Re: the food/corn crisis, I remember about 2 years ago watching an interview with some economic guy (don't remember his name) who was saying this exact thing would happen if corn growers turned to the ethanol production. He talked about how it wouldn't start here, but with the coutries that depend on food aid (ie. 3rd world). It would domino from there. At the time I thought he was an odd bird and couldn't see the correlation between the two. Now it all seems to fit so perfectly.
Blessings,
Jen
PS. Would appreciate everyone's prayers for me as I seem to have attracted the attention of the local JWs. They've been here several times now and I'm not good at turning them away. I did a little refresher research today just to remind myself of their views. They're taking the Armageddon (sp?) approach, esp. since they see we have little ones. I haven't felt moved to attempt a rebuttal, but I do feel a burden for them as they are clearly walking apart from truth. Not sure which way things will go. I just want to stay available to the Lord.
You're a wise lady, Grany.
I'm hungry for that feast too! Might even have a cup of wine.
Lori, I can sympathize with you. Sometimes I just wait out certain discussions & debates because they don't interest me. You can always post something different and steer the conversation into other directions. But we all need each other, so don't go wandering off.
Now, let's talk about food...I'm mighty famished just this minute!
I’m thinking about a nice big pizza with hot salami, mozzarella cheese…mmmmmmm!
Good for you Lori for speaking your mind.
Mac
yuk. now ham, pineapple and a really thick crust or even better a thick crust Rosati's veggie pizza.
Otherwise my day has been awful.
Character apparently doesn't matter anymore.
Lisa
answered your question at my blog
Grany, Shalom! No, I'm not going by scooter! :-D Truth is, I haven't ridden it in a week because we've had such a combination of rain, snow, and wind I didn't want to try it. I want to become a little more familiar with it before I try using it in the rain.
Besides, I had to drive about 90 miles to pick up my daughter, then would have had to drive another 60 to the concert -- not a job for the scooter. As it was, I forgot to turn on my cell phone after getting in the car so I didn't get my ex-wife's messages that the daughter had gotten a bunch of homework dumped on her and so couldn't go. Not a big problem, though, because I got to see all my girls and take them out for Subway (healthy) and ice cream (not-so-healthy).
As for the corn ethanol, two years ago I was all for it. The big reason wasn't to run everything on ethanol, it's because it meant not having to use MTBE. In order to make unleaded gasoline burn better, oxidizers have to be added. The two oxidizers of choice are ethanol and MTBE. In the Midwest, because of corn the gasoline makers use ethanol. Out west, they use MTBE. Now when you do a Google search on "MTBE" and "pollution", you'll see where acres and acres of California land has been contaminated with MTBE, polluting the groundwater. It's a non-trivial task to get rid of MTBE. You don't see that kind of pollution with ethanol.
And Mac? Salami on your pizza!? That just sounds so... so...
...
Actually, that sounds pretty good. What kind of salami do you use, and do you put things like mushrooms and green peppers on with it?
<><
Shalom, all. Read this report:
Council of Europe Debates This Week on Call for Ireland to Legalize Abortion
The Council of Europe will debate a report this week a committee produced last month calling on member states that haven't legalized abortion to do so immediately. The report targets Ireland, Andorra, Malta, and Poland and wants abortion promoted more fully in other nations.
<><
Grany - I loved the youtube video & really good comment today.
Lori - I'm glad to see you, I've missed you. I'm sorry that you felt that way. Ditto what Mac said.
Gt - Why dont' cha like us here? JJ
Mac - Seriously? Salami? I haven't eaten salami in probably 20 yrs.
Jim - Funny mushroom story to tell:
Growing up I never ate mushrooms, my father always told me we couldn't eat mushrooms because his grandfather died from eating a poisonous mushroom.
One day, we were at my grandma's house & she was cooking with ~gasp~ mushrooms. My father asked her what she was doing cooking/about to eat said mushrooms. My G-mama, very confused, asked him what he was talking about. When he told her she started laughing & said "What's wrong with you? Grandpa didn't die from eating a mushroom - he got run over by a mushroom delivery truck!"
After that day my father started eating mushrooms - I still don't!
Shalom, Harold! I'm hoping you can clear something up for me. On another forum someone brought up the case of "Catholic Insight" magazine, which has been sued by an HRC (Human Rights Commission) for publishing "hate speech" by calling homosexuality "immoral". Without thinking, I made a comment that, Freedom of Expression is guaranteed in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Although, since the HRCs aren't technically courts, and the meetings of the HRCs aren't technically trials, and the decisions of the HRCs are considered civil and not criminal decisions, then there's nothing in the HRCs that are impinging on Freedom of Expression in any way.
My question is, how are the decisions of the HRCs regarded: civil or criminal?
<><
O ye of little taste. I rarely eat salami...but on a pizza? Yummy!!
I also very rarely eat pizza but when I do, my favourite is the "Hot Americana". And, yes, it has lots of mushrooms and anchovies and olives...
The salami story reminds me of a photo I once found of my grandmother as a young mother making home-made pizza. No one thought anything of it until we looked closely at the pizza and realized she wasn't putting pepperoni on it...she was putting sliced-up hotdogs on it! Ugh!
This is the same Grandma who served what I can only explain as a Depression-era appetizer which consisted of a lettuce leaf topped with a split banana, topped with a dollop of mayo, a cherry and some ground walnuts sprinkled on top.
Double Ugh!
A wonderful woman to call Grama, but a cook she was not!
LOL :-)
Jen
Jen, you just gave me a flash back and I thank you for it. Your grannies salad was a common side dish when I was growing up but I got tired of the same ole same old. I asked my mother if I could improvise and she said "within reason" and that brought out my master piece. Boston Butter leaf lettuce leaf, canned pinapple ring, stuck in the hole in the center I placed half of a banana, drizzled a home made mayo from the top down and added chopped walnuts. The cherry wouldn't stay on the top so we put the jar in the middle of the table and ate them with the salad. It was pretty good to. Of course, it was just an excuse for the cherries to be placed on the table and we did enjoy them greatly.
Thanks for the memories.
MAC, we don't eat our pizza without the pepperoni but when I make it at home, I love the anchovies and mushrooms (shittake) and salami. We prefer the salami because the taste is better but the silly pizzerias don't keep it on hand. Now, I am going to do a fast trip to the freezer and drag out my ingredients for tomorrow.
Thursday, I am purchasing a table top ice cream freezer that Cuisinart makes. I love to take fresh fruit, honey, different juices from the fruit and yogurt and make sherbet for my hubby and I. We get so many wonderful fruits that grow in the wild here and my favorite will be ready in a couple of weeks, wild strawberries. I might even be tempted to add some cream.
It is past my bedtime but I just found a book that I thought was gone for ever and I am going to go read it for a while. The print is big enough for me and I now have a magnifying sheet that I can place over the printing and it increase the size really big. It is wonderful the aids that have come on to the market to help us win the battle of aging. I don't mind the aging part, but I would like to be able to see the progress I am making along the way.
Have a wonderful week and JIB, turn this week around with a big strong hallelujah! If nothing else, it will scare everyone around you and they will all walk on pins and needles the rest of the day. LOL @;0) (that last character ) is my double chin from eating pizza)
Grany
Buuuuuuuuuurp!
Oh dear, pardon me.
Shalom, all. Not wanting to dredge up old arguments and all, but I have a link to the only television interview Pres. Bush gave regarding his meeting with the Pope tomorrow. If anyone is interested, I'll post it.
Also, I have some links regarding spiritual warfare that some of you might find interesting. Specifically, they're MP3 files from a workshop given at a Catholic seminary about being an exorcist. The workshop was lead by the priest who was the official Vatican exorcist and includes a presentation by a woman who had been possessed (and successfully exorcised) talking about the events in her life and the choices she made that lead to her being possessed. Again, I'll post them if anyone is interested.
Or I could just introduce you all to the Corrupted Wish Game. Your choice.
<><
Oh, BTW, Mac and Mr. Hyde, congratulations on the new Governor-General! When will she be installed?
<><
I believe it will be next month, Jim.
Will they have to have someone at the Government House between 8 and 12 or between 1 and 5 to let the installers in; and if they miss the installers about how long will it take for the installers to come back? And will the Australians still have to pay for service if they miss that first installation date?
<><
They must have some special installation process involving timing - obviously works for both male and female GG's. Although I think this is the first female GG in Oz history. Timing may be crucial but, come to think of it, now I'm starting to panic coz the installation process hasn't been tested on a woman.
Israel at 60 - Give or Take a Few Thousand Years
salami? OOOOOoooooooohhhhhh YEAH!
salami on bread, salami on apples, salami on salami....
The perfect pizza has sauteed peppers/onions, and pineapple and salami or pepperoni
mmmmmm, wish i had some for breakfast.
Hi Jim,
You said "My question is, how are the decisions of the HRCs regarded: civil or criminal?"
End Quote
I am embarrassed to say that I don't know off the top of my head. I know I had major concerns awhile back about the possibility of our church getting into trouble if our pastors spoke on the topic of homosexuality. This is a gray area.
I will do some research and get back to you. It is a topic that is vitally important and I should know more about it.
I am expecting some day in the not too distant future where our churches are going to loss their tax exemption status and I am predicting that our view on homosexuality will be the reason.
I would be interested in seeing the Pope meeting Bush and hearing the exorcism MP3s you mentioned. So...post away!
Thanks,
Harold
Lori I totally understand and agree with where you are coming from. MAc's suggestoin about waiting it out is a good one. Not sure exactly what else to do or say about it except pray about it.
Please remember us in your prayers. We are going thru a scarey time. My husband has not gotten paid for work he has already done in a long time and keeps getting told the check is in the mail.
I work only part time. It is really starting to snowball.
I realize it may sound a bit selfish...but please keep us in your prayers ...we need them.
Thanks.
Donna,
Hang on! Hang on to His word. Don't let go.
Ps. 37:25 "I have been young, and now am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his descendants begging bread."
Over the course of 3 chapters Jesus mentions several times to ask in His name and it will be done.
Heb 4:6- "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."
Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Luke 12:31 "But seek the kingdom of God, and all of these things shall be added to you."
John 14:13 "And whatever you ask in my name, I will do it for you, so that the Father may be glorified through his son.
14:14 "If you ask me in my own name, I will do it"
15:7 "If you remain with me, and my words remain with you, whatever you ask shall be done for you."
15:16 "You did not choose me, but I have appointed you, that you should go and produce fruit and that your fruit might remain, so that whatever you ask my Father in my name, he will give it to you."
16:23 "...Truely, truely, I say to you that whatever you ask my Father in my name, he will give it to you."
16:24 "Hitherto you have asked nothing in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be full."
When our joy is full, it brings glory to the Lord.
Believe in Jesus, Cling to Him, thrive on His word, ask in Jesus' name, receive His blessings, All the glory belongs to God.
Praying!
lori
Jim,
I'd like to hear it. Do I have to have a MP3 player or can I still listen to it on the computer?
BTW-My computer has been doing some really strange things lately. So if you don't hear from me at some point I may be out getting a replacement.(I always blame my computer troubles on al Qaeda.)
Lisa
I usually don't think too much about hell but I recently put some thoughts togeather about it from a scipture which was posted and some things I've watched & read.
Honestly, I'm not sure if I should bring it up since it may be an uncomfortable or deep subject to some.
Lisa
Thank you, Lori. I REALLY appreciate your encouraging words and verses.
Thank you SO much!
God Bless.
xoxo
0 0
^
\___/
well, that was supposed to be as smiley...
let's just call it a picasso smiley
Joel has a new post.
one of the articles in red is about Putin accepting the leadership of the dominant russian party so he will become Prime Minister of Russia next month when he steps down as President. Since he put a yes man in place as President do we doubt who is running the country and is the next Tsar?
Hi Lori,
I wanted to share this article I remembered having in my files. It's about the miracle at Bethsaida when Jesus healed the blind man. I thought of it when you shared the great news about your friend's vision being restored. Anyone interested in a good example of science proving the Scriptures should read it also. It's at my blog, here
Also, Grany, I'm so glad you shared your memory of the mayo lettuce salad! I always figured it was a concoction made when the family had nothing else in the house to eat because Grandma always talked about how hard it was during the Depression. I don't think any of us ever ate it, except maybe the banana and cherry :-) I shouldn't have said that Grandma was a bad cook, so I take that back. She just always was frugal and used some unusual ingredients. But her jello salads were top notch and I still make them for the family reunion each year. She was wonderful with kids, too, and sadly didn't get to see any of her "greats" before she was called Home. But I'm sure she bounced each of them on her knee for "ride a cock horse" before sending them on their way down here to be born.
Blessings,
Jen
Shalom, all!
Harold, thanks for checking up on the legal status of HRCs for me. We're having problems in the US with HRCs. In New Mexico, a couple that do photography were fined $6,600 by the New Mexico HRC for refusing to take pictures of a same-sex ceremony. The couple's attorney is appealing the decision based on the freedom of speech provisions of the US Constitution. The Constitution prohibits the state from forcing unwilling people to promote a message they disagree with and thereby violate their conscience," said Jordan Lorence, senior counsel with the Alliance Defense Fund, which is working on an appeal.
In the same comment I referred to earlier, I quoted a throwaway line from a short story I read years ago: "There is no censorship in Britain. There are simply stories the press is not allowed to print."
Here are the links I mentioned. This first link it to news and analysis show called "The World Over" that appeared last Friday on EWTN (Eternal Word Television Network). It's hosted by Raymond Arroyo (who also did the interview with President Bush) and also includes conservative talk radio host Laura Ingram. This interview is especially interesting in light of a recent Washington Post essay/article calling George W. Bush "the first Catholic President".
Here's the link to the Exorcism Workshop. The site is called "Sonitus Sanctus" (Holy Sounds) and also has links to stuff like the Bible being read in Latin, Greek, or Hebrew; a bunch of sites that stream Gregorian Chants; and if you click on the link on the right side that says "Arabic", you'll go to a site that has Coptic Orthodox songs and chants in Arabic for the Easter season -- hauntingly beautiful. And Lisa, you don't need a separate MP3 player to listen to them. If you're running Windows, your Windows Media Player will be able to play them on your PC.
Also, if you're feeling especially daring, check out this YouTube video of Fr. John Corapi on Spiritual Warfare. He's a favorite speaker of mine. He was a high school football star, served in the Army during Vietnam and was preparing to join Special Forces when he was injured. After leaving the army he got his business degree and was a very successful financial advisor and real estate agent in Los Angeles, before becoming addicted to cocaine and becoming homeless for about 3 years. Through the prayers of his mother he began praying himself every day, escaped the homelessness and drugs, reverted back to Christ, and became a priest. He's a preacher for those who think Catholics don't know how to preach fire and brimstone!
A couple of weeks ago, on his radio program, he told about how he had been invited to speak at a local church, around the corner from where his mother lived. It was part of a drive to raise money to replace the church roof. The local priest had expected Fr. Corapi to speak for about 20 minutes after which he would give his pitch for donating to replace the roof; obviously the priest had only heard of Fr. Corapi's reputation and had never heard him preach. Fr. Corapi spoke for two hours, preaching orthodoxy, hellfire, and damnation for those who thought they could find salvation in Christ while promoting abortion and pre-marital sex (among other things). As Fr. Corapi put it, he could see the local priest's face change as he kissed his new roof goodbye!
When he was finished, Fr. Corapi went outside to greet the people as they left. No one moved. For half an hour, everyone in the church (which was packed) stayed still, and when they started coming out, they had tears in their eyes. And, BTW, they got more than enough money to replace the church roof! When you watch the video and he points behind him, he's pointing to the cross.
<><
My son came up with this concoction and it's delicious.
It's a bed of shredded lettuce, covered with pineapple chunks, shredded sharp cheddar on top and pineapple juice poured over the top.
It's a great combination and makes a refreshing salad.
Jen, thanks for the link!
lori
Donna, shalom! Know that you and your family are being held in prayer by many and all. I will write your situation down in our parish prayer book for everyone to pray for. And don't think it is selfish to ask for prayers. The true selfishness would be to NOT ask, and thereby deny us the grace of helping you.
<><
Lisa, Shalom! If your computer is doing strange things, have you tried running both a virus scan and a spyware scan on it lately? I'm amazed at the number of problems that get fixed when this is done.
<><
Shalom, all! I wanted to pass on this link to a video for Jeremy Riddle's Sweetly Broken
<><
Campsmore, Shalom! You wrote:
0 0
^
\___/
to which I say:
>^..^<
Beware -- my cats are watching you...
<><
Allergic to CAts! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
I do like your picture though.
Lisa, it may be a good time to run a defrag on your computer too.
Thank you, Jim. So sweet.
Jim,
I love that priest story. Can't wait to see the video.
I was working on the security scans last night. It wouldn't even let me defragment. But after an overnight rest it's seems to be running normally again. It just let me start the defrag.
Thanks!
Donna, I'm praying that God intervenes in your situation.
Donna, praying for you and hubby. The word tells us that the workman is worthy of his hire.
Lisa, do you know about Ad-Aware by Lavasoft? It is free and I use it all of the time. It gets a lot of the spy ware that others miss. There is also another free one called CCleaner and I downloaded it from www.cnet.com. You would be surprised the junk that gets put on your computer from the internet. These help me keep my computer whistle clean. Just a thought I had.
Grany
Grany, I can couch for Ccleaner too. I've just used it and it has cleaned up a whole bunch of junk that I accumulated on my PC. It will safely clean your registry too, and back it up on prompt just in case.
Spy Bot - Search and Destroy is also good to use along with Ad Aware by Lavasoft. You can also use AVG Anti-Virus free edition.
Baracky: The Movie
Whoops, looks like they puled the video!
for the most part I've always have considered Bardot to be a nut but this is just wrong.
Bardot on Trial for "Slurs"
No, Mac, the movie is still there! I just viewed it.
Blessings! (Mary)
Mac, Shalom! The video link you provided is working now.
I'm wondering if there are any gardeners in this group. If there were space nearby where I could plant one I would, and I'm just wondering how hard it is to grow potatoes.
<><
Mac - You just ruined boxing for me :-(
Lori - I forgot to tell you yesterday... I for one very much miss your's & Nate's news stories.
Donna - praying for you & hubby.
Jim - That was beautiful what you wrote:
"And don't think it is selfish to ask for prayers. The true selfishness would be to NOT ask, and thereby deny us the grace of helping you."
Lesson I need to constantly remind myself of.
Hi Jim,
I just read a similar article on potatoes and thought that it would be an easy plant to start with for gardening (with the kids). I remember growing them on the farm as a child...I seem to recall my dad cutting them in half before sticking them in the dirt...I'll have to ask him the reason why. Might have something to do with the root production. I also remember him hand-spading an acre or more when we harvested them. Also, mashed potatoes can be frozen and reheated well. I have a ton in my freezer from a kind lady who keeps us stocked with homemade chili and mashed potatoes.
Blessings,
Jen
Jim, they aren't hard to grow at all. We always bought seed potatoes at the coop and then cut them into halves and/or thirds. By the way, when I lived in an apartment many years ago, we grew them in our wooden planters outside on the patio. We had whiskey barrels that were cut in half and filled them with gravel on the bottom, then dirt and plopped in the spuds. They even gave my patio a green nature feeling and I loved it. I grew tomatoes too and had a strawberry planter that really produced sweet Chigger free fruit. Loved it all! Ah, bachelor days had it's good side too.
Lori, I like the sound of that salad your son devised. Maybe tomorrow! Right now I am so full of pizza I could sing "The Barber of Seville", that is if I didn't burp!
There is a lot of interesting things going on in the world today and a few clowns too. Like Jimmy Carter paying his respects to Arafat's tomb. Wonder how much it would cost to bribe the Arabs to keep him over there and let him be their piecemaker? I don't think that is the right word, is it? Oh, well, my eyes are tired tonight.
You all been sounding very good and I will try to get the rest of the comments read before I have to turn in for the night.
Love you all,
Grany
Shalom, all! Jen, the little round spots on the potatoes (the "eyes") will sprout new potatoes. If you have a potato with five eyes, you can get five new potato plants. You cut the potato so each eye has about two inches of regular potato on it before planting. (I spent about an hour on the Seedsaver.org web sit reading about heritage potatoes and how to plant them.) Grany, if I had a patio or a deck or balcony, I'd be trying my hand at city gardening, but alas...
I just finished watching a documentary on public television called "King Corn." I was shocked! These two filmmakers were friends and both had grandparents who had lived and farmed in Greene, Iowa. They went back to Greene and rented one acre of land to grow corn and see just what was involved in growing corn, and what happened to the corn that was grown. They were very matter-of-fact about what they found out -- they didn't have an agenda, and so it was very balanced, in my opinion.
After going through what was involved in planting corn and how the corn affects the small town they were living in, and how corn production has exploded in the last 30 years, they started tracing where their corn would end up. A lot would end up being turned into feed for cattle that were being grown on confinement lots; but even more would be turned into high-fructose corn sweetener (HFCS). The section on the cattle in the confinement lots almost turned me off beef (but gosh-darn, that steak looked good!), but the section on corn sweetener almost made me cry. It pointed out how everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) that you buy in the grocery store has HFCS in it in some form or another, then it showed the relationship between HFCS consumption and the growth of diabetes in the population.
Then, just when you're ready to stop eating, they have an interview with Earl Butz, the Secretary of Agriculture in the early 70's, who was responsible for this explosive productivity in corn. He talked about how he would get up early to help his father and grandfather do chores, take care of the horses (since they didn't have a mechanical tractor) and brag about how they would get 40 bushels of corn per acre. Now, it's common to get over 100 bushels of corn per acre, and the average family spends half on food today compared to what his family spent when he was growing up. That includes ALL the food, from McDonalds to getting pizza to your home-cooked meals.
Obviously, no plain and simple answers to the question of King Corn and feeding people.
<><
Thanks, Jim!
I knew about the eyes turning into new plants, but for some reason I was thinking there was something about cutting the potatoes in half. Now I'm thinking I had that mixed up with my great-grandmother's ability to split an apple in half by just twisting it in her hands. I've never been able to figure out how she did it, but even in her
90s she could find the right spot and split it in two!
I googled 'how to grow potatoes' and found an interesting article about using old tires for potato mounds. Basically, you start with 1 tire, til the soil in the circle and plant the potatoes. Then as the plants grow, you add another tire/dirt so the plant is forced to grow upward. You do several layers of that and when you're ready to harvest, you take each tire off and there are potatoes growing at each level. Pretty neat idea if you have limited yard space.
Well, gotta get some sleep.
Sweet (potato) dreams, everyone!
Jen
When I was a teen living in rural NY, we grew alot of our own food. I remember planting small minnows and smelt with the corn.
Potatoes were really easy. It was a lot of fun to "open" the mound and harvest the potatoes. It wasn't unusual to get 5 pounds of potatoes per mound.
We planted marigolds around our different plant groups, used newspaper to keep the weeds down. We kept our hair trimmings and put them around the garden, it seemed to keep the wildlife out.
Our produce looked good. We made our own compost. It was simple pile covered by plastic and held in place by rocks.
We would find out what the neighbors were growing and begin to plan. Our bartering was already in place before the first produce was ripe.
I had a neighbor who grew the most beautiful zucchini and summer squash you've ever seen.
Jim, I'd like to see King Corn.
Jen, you have a nice neighbor. I didn't know you could freeze mashed potatoes. We rarely had leftovers and if we did, we'd make some potato bread or gnocchi.
Joyce Meyers is on. She is so funny. She just said that our attitude is our thoughts turned inside out.
Y'all have a great day!
I am a very, very novice gardener. Last year I had a potato which had sprouted eyes, so I just stuck the whole thing in the mud to see what would happen. Lo and behold it started to grow. I was very excited to see if I could actually get some potatoes from it but some critter came along and ate some of my plants, potato was the dearest of them.
This year I will try cutting them first and protect them better, also I will try sweet potatoes. I also freeze mashed potatoes. I freeze just about anything cooked.
Hair clippings!? That is one I've never heard of before!
Grany, BTW, thanks for your response about innerancy.
Apparently humans have a smell that repels wild animals.
WARNING:GROSS OUT FACTOR, 10 pts.
When my grandpa would go deer hunting, he'd spray a bottle of deer urine on himself so he could hide without being detected.
He made the mistake of falling asleep once while hunting, when he awoke, a buck was charging him. I guess the urine he used was male. But he did get the kill.
What guides your life?
Oh, how I love your law! I think about it all day long. Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, foot your commands are my constant guide. Yes, I have more insight than my teachers, for I am always thinking of your decrees. I am even wiser than my elders, for I have kept your commandments. I have refused to walk on any path of evil, that I may remain obedient to your word. I haven't turned away from your laws, for you have taught me well. How sweet are your words to my taste; they are sweeter than honey. Your commandments give me understanding; no wonder I hate every false way of life. Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:97-105 NLT
No Other Book
I have guided my life by the Bible for more than sixty years, and I tell you there is no book like it. It is a miracle of literature, a perennial spring of wisdom, a wonder of surprises, a revelation if mystery, an infallible guide of conduct, and an unspeakable source of comfort.
Pay no attention to people who discredit it, for I tell you that they speak without knowledge. It is the Word of God itself.
Study it according to its own direction. Live by its principles. Believe its message. Follow its precepts.
No man is uneducated who knows the Bible, and none is wise who is ignorant of its teachings.
SAMUEL CHADWICK
Quoted by R. Kent Hughes in 1001 Great Stories and Quotes , Tyndale House Publishers (1998) pp 29-30
-----------------------------------
A Bible which is falling apart usually belongs to someone who is not. CHARLES H. SPURGEON
God did not give us the Scriptures to increase our knowledge, but to change our lives.
D. L. MOODY
Alesia,
I just got the same devotional in my email box from God's Daily Promises.
I was a little puzzled by the word "foot" in the second sentence.
It sounds better without it.
Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, foot your commands are my constant guide.
Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, your commands are my constant guide.
I agree Lori.
God's daily promises tends to have some typos sometimes.
I have a daily bible story on my blog & it drives me CRAZY at all the typos!
not that I'm perfect & make no errors LOL
Alesia,
I understand because I sometimes put my "foot" where it doesn't belong.
Lori - hahaha
We ALL know, I'm frequently afflicted with the "foot in mouth" disease. :-(
I occasionally open my mouth to switch feet.
this is an email for kinderquilt
I have returned safe and sound. Don't have time to write a lot, but suffice it to say Israel is incredible and amazing! Two points: 1) Joel is a wonderful man and
everything we expect him to be...gave him the email (he signed my "Dead Heat book),
and as I suspected, he did NOT post as anonymous or anything else. He hardly has time to post his stuff, never mind be so petty as to write those comments. (Please
tell Nate to keep posting :) ) Joel was excited that we have a little community going there and suggests that we start our own blog (I told him we have) and to
email him to let him know. His board of directors review the emails, so they will
get the important stuff to him. They are all quite close...met several of them...wonderful people. 2) I took about 600 digital pictures, but ended up with
almost 400. I will choose the best and send them to you or post them somehow. Have to get my husband's help on that :) Time to go get ready for work...as you can tell
by the time, I am still adjusting to the time difference...slept most of Monday and took Tuesday off to do laundry, etc., then took a long nap...:) Will give details
later. Thank you for your prayers...they were felt by all of us (read Joel's flash
traffic about the conference...I was one of the 50 people who went to Sderot...what
a miracle!) Later, my friends.
she sent it like in the middle of the night :-)
ps
we can send to ed hunt who is on the board at Joshua Fund. I intend to go to the conference in May here in Arizona at least the night Joel is going to be there although I did manage to schedule myself off for the entire thing (ah the benefits of being the schedule maker :-) ) I will remember to take the address and if you all want to type up letters and send them to me either by way of my blog or from the health club I'll take them and personally hand them to Joel.
Campsmore, Shalom! I think "foot" is supposed to be "for":
Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for your commands are my constant guide.
<><
Just checking in...thank you so much for your prayers. It is heartwarming to know you guys are praying for this situation.
Thank you.
You are all in my thoughts and prayers, too.
<><
JIB thanks for the update on Joel from kinderquilt. She was always so nice, from the few interactions I had with her.
I hope she and some of the other old timers wil start writing again soon. They were all so wise and kind.
Back to work for me! :)
Jen, Shalom! I've heard of people who could split an apple in two that way, but I've never seen it done. Sounds impressive!
Years ago I had read in the gardening section of the Sunday paper about a guy who had built a "potato box". From what I remember, he said that he just would open this door at the bottom of the box and dig out the potato there, and do that whenever he wanted a potato. I'm either remembering wrong, though, or he was misquoted in the paper, because from what I read last night that doesn't make any sense. I'd heard of the "old tire" potato garden -- there were a couple of people in my hometown who did that because it was always easy to get an old tractor tire from one of the local farmers. But, if I did have room for a potato garden I'd probably do the technique I read where you take about 10ft of wire fence material, wrap it into a cylinder about 3ft across (it will be about 4ft tall), and use that to grow your potatoes like the tire method. When it's time to harvest the potatoes you just unfasten the end of the fencing material and unwind the cylinder, and there are your potatoes.
Who knows? G_D willing, maybe this time next year I'll not only have a well-paying job, I'll have a house with a garden. (Of course, the only reason I'd want a house is so that my daughters could live with me while they're going to college. That and space for a garden.)
<><
I just saw this article. I wonder if the "blending" of the opinions of Jews,Christians & Muslims is just a coincidence or we will be observing it as the new norm.
What God says about money
Not to mention this quote:
"Proverbs 31 has been held up as a standard," says Castleberry, a mother of two who also writes a newsletter called "The Proverbs 31 Investor." The Old Testament passage -- which describes a virtuous woman as having a price "above rubies" -- is "about a woman who is a businessperson, a wife, she has a family, but she became an investor," Castleberry explains.
What God says about money
Jerusalem artichokes sound like a good way to go, too.
I've "been meaning" to plant them for years. Maybe this will be the year!
Jerusalem artichokes are a perennial and spread and apparently winter over pretty well, too.
They are not too attractive to look at, but are really nutritious and taste good, too, from what I remember....it was a long time ago that I tried one!
<><
This one was so funny I could't resist. This cleric is trying to "sell the 10 dark eyed virgins"
idea. He even states that after being in paradise 1000 years their skin is so soft that they don't need Nivea or Vaseline.
HA,HA!!
Cleric w/Virgins
This cleric is a little upset with the Pope. After Islam takes over Rome-they're coming for the US.
Islam to take over
Lisa, Shalom!
Yeah, that clip has generated an ENORMOUS amount of energy over at forums.catholic.com, in the Catholic News forum. The initial post (which was a link to a Fox News clip on the subject) was just before 1PM on the 14th, and within four hours had generated almost 70 responses, several of the quite long and impassioned. People seem divided between those who think the guy is just a crank; those who think we need to take him seriously; those who think we need to take this REALLY, REALLY seriously; and those who think that this is just a plot by American neocon media to encourage hysteria and paranoia in the American public in order to justify the government taking away our rights through the patriot act. Things are slowing down a bit -- right now there are only 112 replies, some of them very silly. (I got into a discussion with a guy from Europe, who is afraid that native European paranoias will be overrun by an influx of fast-breeding, high cholesterol, American paranoias; and my assertion that these fast-breeding American paranoias will interbreed with the European paranoia to create very hardy hybrid paranoias, and then the American paranoias will leave these baby paranoias and go back to America, because that's what happened after WW2.)
<><
Shalom, all! I need your help. My apologies in advance for the long post.
There is a thread on forums.catholic.com called "From Kingdom of Evil to Kingdom of God." It was started by someone claiming to be a Muslim from Saudi Arabia who was feeling drawn to Christianity. (I'm saying "claiming" because he's starting to smell a little fishy, but that's a different matter.) One of the people responding calls herself "Sister Amy" and says she is a convert to Islam. I made a comment about the Saudis being descended from Ishmael and quoted Genesis 16:12 (about his hand being against everyone, etc.)
Sister Amy replied, "According to Genesis, God is going to make Ishmael a great nation. And unless the Bible is profane, that means a great nation IN GOD."
I wrote to her: I must disagree with your interpretation of G_D's promise regarding Ishmael. "Great" in this context means "materially powerful" not being great in G_D. Genesis 17:15-22 is talking about all the material blessings that G_D will give to Isaac and Ishmael. Ishmael will become the founder of a "great nation"; however, Isaac will be blessed even more, giving rise to many nations. These are only material blessings, though. Only Isaac is given the promise of an everlasting covenant with G_D; therefore, only Isaac and his descendants will be great in G_D
Sister Amy wrote:I guess you didn't catch my meaning.
How could God say about something, in what you believe to be sacred scripture, that it is GREAT if it is greate in something other than God?
For if something is great in the world then ultimately it is not great in God. Material greatness, like wealth, is for this world and not the Hereafter, why Jesus said that it will be harder for a rich man to get into heaven than for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.
I've been trying to come up with the best response to her, and I'd like to run this response by all of you for your input:
Sr. Amy, Shalom! Muslims believe the Q'uran was dictated word-for-word by Allah through an angel to the Prophet (pbuh). This makes the Q'uran the literal Word of G_D. Jews and Christians, on the other hand, consider the Bible to be the INSPIRED (not the literal) word of G_D -- G_D did not dictate what should be written in the Psalms, or Numbers, or any other book of the Bible. He did send His Holy Spirit to inspire these authors on what to say. (In some cases, the Holy Spirit did tell the writers to declare that what was written was from G_D. Whenever you read "Thus saith the Lord", you know that what is written is a prophecy that has come from G_D and will come true.)
Since G_D is inspiring the writers and not dictating, G_D allows for the vagaries of human language. In human languages, "a great nation" means a strong, rich, and powerful nation. This nation may be "great" without being close to G_D. Christians do not see a conflict between being great in the world and being great in G_D. It can be more difficult to balance material wealth with being close to G_D, but it all depends on the choices that the people of that nation make.
And therein is the big difference between the Islamic view and the Christian view: choice. G_D may shower us with material wealth and thereby make us "a great nation" based on His plans for us. He will send His Holy Spirit to call for us to return to Him. But unless and until we CHOOSE to return to Him, we cannot be great with G_D. In this view, G_D did make Ishmael a great nation, strong and wealthy. However, Ishmael and the children of Ishmael have not chosen to be close to G_D, chosing instead to be "every man against his brother." Isaac, on the other hand, chose to follow G_D, which is why Isaac and his descendents are both great with G_D and great in the eyes of men.
Comments?
<><
Jim, I know Harold or someone will give you better feedback than I can. But, my hair stood up a bit...does Teresita visit the Catholic forums??
As to your previous post, maybe these people ("those who think that this is just a plot by American neocon media to encourage hysteria and paranoia in the American public in order to justify the government taking away our rights through the patriot act") would prefer to live in France!
Brigitte Bardot on Trial for Using Muslim Slur
Jim, I sent you an email with some additional material about Ishmael and hope you receive it ok. It is long and I didn't want to take up the space here with it. But the only thing God was referring to when he said that Ishmael would be blessed was that he would become a numerous nation; part of the promise that God made to Abraham was that his (Abraham's) descendants would be like the sand; too numerous to count. God gave His blessing to Abraham and Sarah and by that Isaac would be the one the blessing of God would go to.
The tribes that Ishmael populated were scattered all over the Arabia area and they were the inhabitants of Canaan, which God told the Israelites to destroy. They were to destroy them because the Canaanites were evil in the sight of God and worshiped false gods. The moon god was one of them.
Jesus was sent for the whole world because of Abba's great love for all of us but make no mistake, the Jews are the chosen people of God and the wife of Jehovah God.
I hope the Saudi does convert to Christianity but only God knows the true desires of his heart. But Jesus said that not every body who calls him Lord will enter into the Kingdom of heaven. Only the ones that He (Jesus) knows.
You took on a giant didn't you!
Shalom and praying for you,
Grany
Jim, I sent the one article to your email account. Here is the link that you can read on the net and see if it adds anything to what you have already said.
Sorry about that but I have company and trying to talk and think at the same time is very trying. LOL @ ;o
www.keyway.ca/htm2002/ishmael.htm
Jim, I've only just quickly read your post. I agree with what Wilma said. I'll pray too that, if this person is sincere, they will be led to salvation. You're wise to be cautious regarding the person's sincerity as it is quite common for some Muslims to bait and trap Christians into a debate. Check ot the Answering Islam website for examples of this. May the Holy Spirit provide the right words for you.
I am going to try one more time
The article I sent to your email was the wrong one! Discard it unless you just want to read a protestant's take on the subject of Galatians.
He even states that after being in paradise 1000 years their skin is so soft that they don't need Nivea or Vaseline.
One source claims that they also remain perpetual virgins, even after...well you know! Interesting concept.
I just got this email from a reliable resource so I don't know if any of you have heard this:
"I just verified this with Snopes and it is REAL. ALSO WENT TO TRUTH OR FICTION AND IT'S on their site also.
PLEASE INFORM EVERYONE
Emails with pictures of Osama Bin-Laden hanged are being sent and the moment that you open these emails your computer will crash and you will not be able t o fix it!
If you get an email along the lines of 'Osama Bin Laden Captured' or 'Osama Hanged', don't open the attachment.
This e-mail is being distributed through countries around the globe, but mainly in the US and Israel
Be considerate & send this warning to whomever you know.
PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS:
You should be alert during the next days:
Do not open any message with an attached file called 'Invitation' regardless of who sent it.
It is a virus that opens an Olympic Torch which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer.
This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list, that is why you s hould send this e-mail to all your contacts.
It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it .
If you receive a mail called 'invitation' , though sent by a friend, do not open it and shut down your computer immediately.
This is the worst virus announced by CNN, it has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever.
This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus.
This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept. "
Lisa, I think it may be a hoax:
Click Here
Yeah Mac, Seems like my reliabe source is "outdated". Just found this:
The threat posed by the trojan described in this article has long since ceased to be a significant danger. However, garbled and highly inaccurate warning messages about this trojan continue to circulate. One of these messages combines a highly exaggerated warning about the Bin Laden trojan discussed here with totally false information about a non-existent "Olympic Torch" virus. These warnings do no good and should not be forwarded.
Anne, Shalom! I think it's possible that Teresita still visits the Catholic Answers forums; however, there are enough "different" people that post there that I can't say for sure that it's any one user. The moderators have their hands full dealing with trolls and making sure the rules are followed (stay on topic, treat everyone with Christian charity, and BE RESPECTFUL!) but someone isn't going to be banned just for being a pain. Things can get to be a free-for-all, with the Mormons debating the Muslims, etc., so I'm not going to say one way or another that Sister Amy is Teresita.
As for Bridget Bardot, part of the problem with her is that her husband is a leader in the National Front, which is a neo-Facist party. It's interesting -- I found a list of their party's platform statements, and they actually sound like a lot of Republicans I know, except for the fact that they're Holocaust deniers.
You've got to check out the Catholic Forum's thread on this subject: Brigitte Bardot on trial for Muslim slur
<><
Grany, Shalom! Got your email -- thanks! I'm leery of this Saudi guy because in his second post on the thread he started, he listed 20 items that are different between the Bible and the Quran. He wrote like he had found these differences himself, but I know I've seen the list before elsewhere. I'll copy it at the bottom of this message. Anyway, after that, I'm beginning to wonder if he is just a troll.
Bible:
01- Affirms Trinity (Matthew 28:18-20).
02- Jesus was crucified.
03- God calling Jesus his Son (Mark 1:11).
04- Polygamy is adultery (Matthew 19:3-12).
05- No marriage in Paradise, humans will be like angels (Matthew 22:30).
06- No killing of any sort (NT), Jesus was healing people.
07- Lots of miracles for Jesus.
08- God does not change his mind, and Jesus words never pass away (Numbers 23:19) & (Mark 13:31).
09- Jesus teaching us not to swear (James 5:12).
10- No eye for eye, (Matthew 5:38-39).
11- Jesus was born in a manger (Luke 2:11-12).
12- Christians are children of God (Matthew 5:9) & (Galatians 3:26).
13- No Jinns creatures.
14- Noah’s wife was not a sinner, (Genesis 6:18).
15- Noah had no sinner son, (Genesis 7:1).
16- Noah total years before the flood 600 years & after the flood 350 years (950 years in total) (Genesis 9:28-29).
17- Aaron, Moses and their sister Miriam (NOT Jesus’ mother) are the children of Amram whom born around 1500 years before Jesus (Numbers 26:59).
18- If someone leaves Christianity, no death punishment (Matthew 10:14).
19- Pray alone in your room, (Matthew 6:5-7).
20- God three love stories (Luke 15:3-32), (Matthew 5:45).
Quran:
01- Rejects trinity, (Quran 05:73).
02- Jesus was not crucified, (Quran 04:157).
03- Jesus is no more than a normal messenger, (Quran 04:171).
04- Unlimited polygamy & divorce are allowed (up to 4 wives at a time), plus unlimited right-hand-posses (concubine or bought), (Quran 04:03).
05- Marriage (sex) & lots of virgins in paradise, (Quran 44:54), (Quran 55:56).
06- Smite heads, slay, fight, and terror, (Quran 47:4), (Quran 09:5), (Quran 09:29), (Quran 03:151).
07- No miracles for Muhammad, (Quran 17:90-93).
08- Allah can substitute his words or cause to be forgotten, (Quran 02:106), (Quran 13:39).
09- Swear as you like, (Quran 05:89), (Quran 02:225).
10- Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth, (Quran 05:45).
11- Jesus was born under a palm tree, (Quran 19:22-24).
12- Muslims are slaves of Allah, (Quran 44:18).
13- There are creatures called Jinns (Jinns can be Muslims), (Quran 51:56), (Quran 72:14).
14- Noah’s wife was a sinner, (Quran 66:10).
15- One of Noah’s sons was a sinner and punished by the flood (Quran 11:42-46).
16- Noah total years before the flood were 950 years, (Quran 29:14).
17- Miriam (Jesus’ mother) is a sister of Aaron & a daughter of Amram whom born around 1500 years before Jesus, (Quran 19:28), (Quran 66:12).
18- Death is the punishment if someone leaves Islam, (Quran 09:12).
19- Pray standing with groups in the street, (Quran 02:43), (Quran 04:102).
20- Allah is Makkar (deceptive/guile), (“plan” is a wrong English translation), (Quran: 07:99), (Quran: 08:30).
<><
Jim,
Thanks for posting all the links. I watched the video of Fr. John Corapi. He takes me back to all the years I spent sitting in a pew at a Baptist church listening to a fire and brimstone preacher. The pastor we had yelled a lot more and did more pulpit pounding however. :-)
The Sweetly Broken video was good. The worship band at our church does that song sometimes and I have to say, they do an even better job of Sweetly Broken than Jeremy Riddle does. Maybe I say this because it sounds better when you are in a church with everybody singing around you. It could also be because I am biased. :-) All kidding aside, the talent that God has given to our worship team amazes me every week.
I started listening to the exorcism workshop, but it is going to take me awhile to get through it.
You asked me the following:
“How are the decisions of the HRCs regarded: civil or criminal?”
The case you were discussing was concerning a complaint that was filed with the Canadian Human Rights Commission (CHRC) against Catholic Insight Magazine for allegedly violating Section 13 (hate speech) of the Canadian Human Rights Act.
The short answer to your question is civil. However, that does not make the various HRCs any less scary or bothersome.
In addition to the Canadian Human Rights Commission, there are HRCs for each province. I don’t know where the CHRC ends and the provincial HRCs begin. Needless to say there is a lot of gray. The HRCs are doing their best to suppress freedom of speech in Canada even though it is guaranteed under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms as follows:
1.The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society. Fundamental freedoms
2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: a) freedom of conscience and religion; b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication; c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and d) freedom of association.
Many of the complaint cases filed with the CHRC that I read about clearly did not violate Section 13 of the Canadian Human Rights Act, but that did not stop the HRCs from ruling against the defendants in some cases. As I am sure you can guess, most of the cases I have read about concerned gay rights and Muslim rights (what else is new). Oops, I better watch what I am saying or I may have someone file a complaint with the Ontario Human Rights Commission and haul me into one of these kangaroo courts.
Here is a brief comment from an article about two such cases:
“Western Standard publisher Ezra Levant, along with Maclean's magazine and columnist Mark Steyn, are being hauled before various Canadian human rights commissions (CHRCs): the former for publishing the controversial "Muhammad" cartoons, the latter for excerpting Steyn's bestselling book America Alone.
Self-styled representatives of the Muslim community accuse Levant and Maclean's of violating the Canadian Human Rights Act, because what they published is allegedly, in the words of Section 13.1, "likely to expose a person or persons to hatred or contempt."
Note that magic word "likely." No need to prove that these publications inspired actual hate crimes, like arson or assault. Rather, appointed CHRC bureaucrats need merely deem it "likely" that the Western Standard or Maclean's magazine might inspire persons unknown to commit offenses of some sort or other between now and the end of the world.
It's "thought crime" meets "future crime," but without the cool flying cars you'd at least get in a dystopian sci-fi flick.”
End Quote
Our own Prime Minister Stephen Harper, who I normally staunchly support, eligibly said the following back in 1999 (7 years before he became Prime Minister):
"Human Rights Commissions, as they are evolving, are an attack on our fundamental freedoms and the basic existence of a democratic society … It is in fact totalitarianism. I find this is very scary stuff."
End Quote
I couldn’t agree more with that statement, but unfortunately, now that Stephen Harper’s Conservative government is in power, they seem to be doing very little to curb the various HRCs.
The following comments are from two articles I cobbled together and edited:
There are legitimate limits to free speech found in the Criminal Code. If you’re accused of breaking them, you’re brought before a court of law, where rules of evidence – developed over centuries to ensure fairness to the accused – are mandatory. In libel or slander, truth is an absolute defense. In human rights commission land, however, truth is irrelevant. Rules of evidence are stacked against the accused. Even if you win, you lose, because defending yourself comes out of your pocket, while complainants can sit back and watch the state, backed by taxpayers’ money, go after you.
Realistic limits to free speech are already written into the criminal code and so we do have remedy available. The problem with the CHRC is that it can summon citizens to appear, and a persons guilt is assumed, and the onus is on him to prove himself innocent, at his own expense. This is a gross abuse of power by the state.
If a law was broken then the accused should have access to the Canadian judicial system, be charged, and be treated to a system that at least makes an effort to balance the rights of the state against the rights of the accused. He should not be legally bound to appear in front of a quasi judicial commission that wields an unhealthy balance of powers relative to the "condemned". A citizen could be bankrupted defending themselves before an HRC commission whether or not they actually broke any law in the criminal code of Canada. The deterrent alone, if these witch hunts are allowed to stand, would put undemocratic limits on a citizen’s right to free speech.
Here is a link to an article on the Catholic Insight Magazine human rights "hate" complaint:
Human rights complaint costing Catholic Insight
God Bless,
Harold
Jim,
I agree with your comments to "Sister Amy" (if that is indeed who this person is). I gotta say, the comments that this person left seemed an awful lot like something T would say.
<><
(Sorry, I had to steal your fish at least once. :-))
Joh 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, so that where I am, you may be also.
That gives me comfort. Just about every second house in my street is getting renovated. OK, I exaggerate, maybe about five but all the work seems to be in the vicinity of my house. But I was thinking that we can’t begin to comprehend what joy awaits us throughout eternity when He returns for us and what He has prepared for us.
Mac, In the book "Why I left Jihad" by Walid Shoebat, he has explained the differences quite well but all the info is too long to post here.
There is a debate w/the Muslims re: Ismael vs. Isaac.
Especially when it comes to the land God promised Abraham.
I don't know if this will help but here it is:
Common opinion:
God promised the land to Abraham and his seed. Since Ishmael is his seed, they too have the right to the land of Israel.
(He quotes scripture re:this but I liked this one the best)
PSALM 105:6
O seed of Abraham His servant, You children of Jacob, His chosen ones.
HE is the LORD our God;His judgments are in all the earth. He remembers his covenant forever, The word which He commanded, for a thousand generations, The covenant which He made with Abraham, And His oath to Issac, And confirmed it to Jacob for a statute, To Israel an everlasting covenant,.....
Two more scriptures:
"This saith the Lord, who giveth the sun for a light by day,and the ordinances of the moon by night, who divideth the sea when the waves roar; The Lord of hosts is His name;If those ordinances depart from before Me, saith the Lord, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before Me forever." (The seed of Abraham is Jacob, and the land is Israel)
But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen,you decendants of Abraham my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you, I said, 'You are my servant;I have chosen you and have not rejected you."' (Jacob was chosen not Ishmael or the Arabs)
Here is what Walid says:
"From this, we know that the seed of Abraham is Jacob, and the land is Israel, as they are specifically mentioned and fulfilled by most of the Biblical prophesy in both Old and New Testaments.
If Ishmael's advocates' very-confused argument is accepted, Jesus,the seed of promise, can end up being an Ishmaelite, since God told Abraham concerning the Messianic blessing that out of his seed the whole world would be blessed.
Yet ignorance of Scripture is not an excuse with God, since the rest of the Scripture directs us to the remaining story and to whom this seed belongs......"
Former post: I meant to address it to "Jim" for his Ishmael debate.
That's OK, I'm gonna read it anyway.
Hi Mac,
I've recently spent time wondering about my house in Heaven so it's funny you mention that verse.
I've always wanted a big ol' farmhouse with a wrap-around porch and swing, plus lots of other old-fashioned stylings on the inside. And built on at least a 10-acre plot, of course! But unless we hit the lottery, I'll probably have to wait til Heaven to get that house and land. I like to daydream about what my house will look like and what goodies the Lord has incorporated into the blueprints.
Another thing that came up in my talks with the Lord is my sadness about not being able to do genealogy in Heaven. I know that sounds weird, but I'm almost obsessed with filling in every missing twig of my earthly family tree and I know the day I'm done here, all that will mean nothing. The sadness comes from knowing not all the family will be there in Heaven. But the thought occured to me that perhaps there will be genealogists in Heaven because it is a family and we'll all have a connection related to how we came to know the Lord. So perhaps I can join that club and work on the family tree of God's children.
Just some late-night musings.
Blessings,
Jen
Harold, Shalom! Thanks for the research on the HRCs. I clicked on some of the links on the article you had linked to, and found some stories from the National Post that makes it sound like section 13.1 may die a quick and unlamented death. I will pray that it is so. (I take it a "private members' bill" is a bill introduced by an MP without approval or promotion by the party?)
I particularly enjoyed reading about the antics of the Canadian Human Rights Commission in their case against Marc Lemire, where the CHRC hacked into some woman's wireless network and used it to "get the dirt" on the Neo-Nazis, without her permission or knowledge; then read out the woman's name, address, and phone number into the public record. When the newspapers called the woman to ask why she let her home network be used to contact Neo-Nazi web sites, she didn't have a clue what they were talking about.
As for Fr. Corapi, I'm glad you liked him. A priest can be forceful and wave his arms around during the sermon, but no pounding the pulpit. That Simply Isn't Done. :-) I like his voice -- it reminds me of Sean Connery with an Upstate New York accent.
<><
I went ahead and posted that reply to Sister Amy. She had already posted her reasons for converting from Christianity to Islam, and basically it was, "If your boss sends you a memo on Monday and then a different memo on Tuesday, you go with the one he sent on Tuesday." She doesn't strike me as the brightest porch light on the block.
<><
Shalom, all! Shades of "Dead Heat"!
A nuclear device detonated near the White House would kill roughly 100,000 people and flatten downtown federal buildings, while the radioactive plume from the explosion would likely spread toward the Capitol and into Southeast D.C., contaminating thousands more.
<><
Jim,
I've seen something close to these "20" differences before. Just don't know if it's a copy.
And what's the point of this?
Clearly we are not talking about the same God.
I guess the bottom line is that we at war w/false prophets on many different fronts now. (Has it ever been so bad in the last 50 yrs?)
Islam is one of the many. It just happens to be the "physically"
deadliest. And they are really on a misson.
(I loved your pope publically baptizing that converted Muslim.)
They can't stand it if someone is not in constant "Fear" of reprisal.
Their goal is to spread fear so no one will speak up.
So, I wouldn't get all worked up over this person. Whoever actually "seeks" the kingdom will find it.
BTW-I listened to the Exorcism Workshop & Utube video. It was really good.
That priest from Spain is really great to listen to. I did like the fact they were acknowleding the carismatic "gifts of the Sprit" and to respect the people who have those abilities. (He may not believe all the "revelations" given but that they should still show respect.)
***And other things he said re:Exorcism were very mature and spiritual.
Lisa
I've been thinking that we should all say a little prayer that Joel opens up the comments section again. I have a hunch he doesn't intend to in the short term and I really feel for the folks who were reading behind the scenes.
I've been searching for a while for a post I thought you made, Grany... something about women or wives being ruby's and working and investing, I think, or something like that?
was it deleted?
I've been thinking about it all day and really ever since it was posted and wanted to read it again.
thanks
<><
Lisa's post?
"Proverbs 31 has been held up as a standard," says Castleberry, a mother of two who also writes a newsletter called "The Proverbs 31 Investor." The Old Testament passage -- which describes a virtuous woman as having a price "above rubies" -- is "about a woman who is a businessperson, a wife, she has a family, but she became an investor," Castleberry explains. April 16, 2008 11:37 AM
That's it, mac! Thanks!
New post is up.
Post a Comment