Monday, January 28, 2008

John 10:27-29

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."

151 comments:

jib said...

me first

jib said...

sorry couldn't resist :-)

Grace said...

Nate!

That is fantastic! Was this at your church or a community outreach?

That was you who worked with the Billy Graham crusade, is that right?

Awesome!

Grace

Alesia said...

Who but God goes up to the heaven and comes back down? Who holds the wind in his fist? Who wraps up the oceans in his cloak? Who has created the whole wide world? What is his name—and his son's name? Tell me if you know!
Proverbs 30:4 NLT

Impressive panorama

When people understand events clearly, we often say that they "see the big picture." This passage in Proverbs makes the point that the clearest view of the "big picture" will always include God. The sequence of rhetorical questions helps us consider the awesome identity and capacity of God. Much like the litany of questions that God showered on Job (Job 38:1-41:34), these push us toward humble and silent worship.

Agur was feeling overwhelmed (30:1), insignificant (30:2), and limited (30:3). But when he turned away from his smallness to contemplate God's greatness, an atmosphere of confidence filled the rest of the chapter. He began with a little picture, no bigger than himself, but he soon looked at the big picture and forget that he was weary and worn out. God gave him a new and refreshing point of view.

WISE WAYS One of the best remedies for a weary and tired spirit is to contemplate the majesty and greatness of God. How have you found that to be true?

Dear Lord, when I look at all you have made, I know it makes me feel smaller, but it also fills me with wonder over how great you are! I worship you.

jim.carroll said...

Shalom, all! I wish Grany hadn't brought up that dream that involved an earthquake in California that will level cities, change the geography of the nations, etc. I'm presently trying to find out how likely it is that one earthquake along one fault line will set off earthquakes along other fault lines. My fear is a set of cascading earthquakes stretching from Los Angeles all the way up to Portland. Put that earthquake about 5 miles out to sea, and you've got a tsunami that will wipe the coast of Oregon clean. Mount St. Helens is at level "Orange" -- there's a lava dome that's been building up for a few months, and some microtremors, along with a snowstorm going on for the last few days. Can you say, "lahar"?

If we do get an earthquake or set of earthquakes that hits the entire west coast, we're talking about something that would shut down the shipping on the west coast for a few weeks. Just think of the hit that's going to place on the economy.

Of course, G_D might decide this is the right time for that volcano on La Palma in the Canary Islands to go off, causing the mountain to slide into the sea and creating a tsunami that will wipe out the east coast, not to mention damage Britain and really hurt Brazil.

<><

Great Grany 5 said...

Mr. Hyde,
You used one of my very favorite verses here and it just really ministered to me. Thank you so very much.

Just think, we know HIS VOICE and we won't listen to or follow any other. Wow! That is powerful and to think that he accepts his position as our true shepherd is mind bogglingly.

Did you also know that if we are in a situation where the atmosphere is charged and we aren't sure whether it is God doing it or something other, all we have to do is call out His name, "JESUS, help me" and that name will cause demons to flee and knees to bow.

JIB you #1! Always knew it but now you have the right to show it!

Love all of you,
Grany

Alf Cengia said...

"Mr. Hyde,
You used one of my very favorite verses here and it just really ministered to me. Thank you so very much."

Grany; Hyde was in his closet when that verse was posted. You can thank the Holy Spirit working through His good servant, Alesia.

Great Grany 5 said...

JIM, buddy! Take 10 deep breathes, count to 150 backwards, and then after they revive you, erase Earthquake from your mind and vocabulary.

I agree with your diagnosis of the dream's origins on the last post of Mr. Hyde's and as such, I believe it would be a total waste of time to rehash it. Sometimes we dream things that have no true basis except we have become upset or disturbed by events in real life. I think this man might have had a little of this but always remember, there are acceptable results for prophecy in the Bible. To educate, encourage the believers and to glorify God.

Here are some things we should all know about prophecy:

Seven Ways to Judge Prophecy

1. By their fruits you shall know them. That is the fruits of the person prophesying. (Matthew 7:16-18,20)
2. Does it glorify Christ?
(John 16:14; I Corinthians 12:3; I John 4:1-2)
3. Does it agree with the Scriptures? (Isaiah 8:20)
4. Are their prophecies fulfilled? (Deuteronomy 18:22) Some prophecies are not of God even though they may come to pass. The benchmark remains that all prophecies should exalt the Lord Jesus.
5. Is the prophecy disjointed or confused? True prophecy is line upon line and precept upon precept.
(Isaiah 28:13)
6. Do the prophecies produce liberty or bondage? (Romans 8:15)
7. All believers have an unction (anointing) within them that tells them when something is wrong. Prophecies should witness with our spirit. (I John 2:20,27)

Why Is Prophecy Important?

There are five reasons why prophecy is so important in the local church:

1. It brings life. Prophecy brought life to the valley of dry bones (Ezekiel 37:1-4).
2. It gives spiritual vision. The Bible says, "Where there is no vision, the people perish.' The Lord gives vision through the prophetic word (Proverbs 29:13,18).
3. It edifies, exhorts, and comforts (I Corinthians 14:3).
4. It brings revival and restoration. True prophecy brings restoration and revival (Acts 2:16-18).
5. It guides you to your right position in Christ. Prophecy is used by God to direct you where you need to go (Acts 13:1-3)

Using the gift or calling of prophecy to announce condemnation on a people, an institution or a government is a misuse of the office or gift. If it truly does come from God, God is the one and only one who should and does receive the Glory.

Make no mistake, God will not be mocked and we are held accountable for our actions when we misrepresent it.

Just had to address it like it is! I am more inclined to believe that God was not the author of the referenced dream. Time will tell but in the meantime, I am not holding my breath one second longer than I regularly do waiting for the Big One to happen.

Love you,
Grany

Alesia said...

Mac - The 'Defeated' Christian article from OL is really good.
Please tell Jack thank you. I really needed to read that right now!

jib said...

alesia-very timely thoughts and posting.

my niece was released today-not at 100% but the respiratory stuff seems to be better. not wanting to eat or drink much but at least not vomiting. appetite needs to improve soon or she'll be back in for dehydration

Great Grany 5 said...

ALESIA,
I have been informed that you posted the bible verse for this post and I want to thank you heartily. Like I told Mr. Hyde, it is one of my very favorite and it just really encouraged me today. Thank you sweetie.

Grany

Alesia said...

You are quite welcome Grany & Jib.
I hope your niece's appetite improves & pray she is soon back to full health.

jib said...

Mac

thought you might be interested in this

Irrational Atheist

Harold said...

I am finally getting caught up on reading some of the posts and there are some really good ones.

I haven't read all of them yet, but the earthquake dreams and Jim's various theories really caught my attention.

I just read the Nearing Midnight article called "Nephilim and the Modern Days of Noah " It was pretty interesting.

The author of that article "recommends in the strongest terms that you read" NEPHILIM STARGATES: The Year 2012 and the Return of the Watchers by Tom Horn. I strongly concur. :-)

God Bless,
Harold

Alf Cengia said...

Thanks for that, Alesia. I like reading Vox Day's articles. Love the kidding about the moustache!!

Alesia said...

Harold - I ordered that book EONS ago - ok, so a few weeks ago - it was on backorder. It is due to arrive in my mailbox TODAY!!!

I think Mac meant to say: thank you Jib, I like reading Vox Day's articles... :)

Have a Blessed, great day everyone!

campsmore said...

Hey all, I feel stronger everyday...Glory to God!

Wilma, thanks for the reminder, I needed to hear it.

Who said it? "Now, I _________, praise and exalt and honor the King of heaven, for all his works are true and his ways just; and those who walk in pride he is able to humble."

Anonymous said...

this is interesting-prophecies from the Bible and the Zohar:

http://magmg.web-site.co.il/

To the question "until when" the troubles of Israel and diaspora etc, the angel answer prophet Daniel (Daniel 8:14):

And he told me: until the eve of morning of two thousands and three `hundreds`...


Now from the end of the book of Daniel we understand that the times in the book are coded, and will be revealed at the end of times.

We can now see something very interesting. The word `hundreds` in Hebrew (me'ot) has two meanings. One is, of-course, "hundreds", and the other is "from a sign".

The Midrash (Tanhuma) explains the mentioned verse from Daniel this way: When the morning of the world-nations will become evening. So we understand that we are talking about a time that relates to the world-nations, not Jews.

Now we can see clearly and read the verse correctly:

And he told me: until the eve of morning of two thousands and three from a sign...


And the 'sign' of the world-nations is clearly the birth of Yesh"u of Nazzerath.

Jamie

dibdabdeb said...

Hi all,
I have been reading the posts but have been too busy to post anything. But I now have a question or a comment..
I was talking to a long distance, long time Christian friend of mine about the end times and this blog. About the excitement and how close we are to the return of the Lord. We don't talk very often and obviously she and I see things differently. She doesn't believe we are living right at the end times. I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I asked her about all the stuff that has been going on and her reply that it has been going on for a long time and that you can't know the return of Christ and.....that because Christians on an individual basis havent really felt persecution that the end isn't that close!!!
I admit she keeps herself pretty much secluded. No TV, not much internet. No outside worldly influence. She goes to church and pretty much sticks in the circle. So my opinion is that she is not seeing what is really going on in the world. I don't know...it just floored me. I think or believe that alot of Christians live with their heads in the sand. i have met regular Baptist church goers that have never heard of the rapture or dont take it very seriously. I mean I thought all
Baptist knew about the Rapture!!!!
Also...I have never before heard of "evangelicals" as being the trouble makers and problem people until this past year by someone who attends a church on a regular basis. (I belive this person believes in replacement theology and doesn't really know it. He is being taught that the Church replaced Isreal). Any way, "Evangelical" was a dirty word to him.
Opinions anyone?
In His Love!
My prayers go out to everyone!
I have a few personal request for the warriors. Thanks in advance!
Debbie

jib said...

Deb

welcome to the end times :-)

a regular Baptist that doesn't believe or know about the Rapture???? As I went to a regular Baptist church and approved school for a while I do find that difficult to believe BUT there are churches of all stripes that are really heavily getting involved in the emerging church philosophy which from my perspective is a bit light at times on all aspects of theology. I know of one GARB church near where my folks live who have pretty much told all their older members (mostly in age) that they no longer will be singing hymns, only praise songs because they need to cater to the youth and get more youth involved in the church, and if they don't like it they can find another church. (I like praise music and hymns-there are some of both that are neither scriptural and far to repetitive although on the latter I think the praise music is far more guilty.) I'm going to guess that such a church as this is more likely to be involved in the emergent church than not and I'm going to guess since they don't teach respect and honor for their elder members of the church they may not be teaching other things as well.

jib said...

as far as evangelical goes it's always kind of been a dirty word it's just now more so. Typically evangelicals teach things like only one way to heaven, there is only one TRUE GOD, all have sinned, homosexuality and premarital sex are wrong, etc. Unfortunately evangelicals some times are better known for their list of dont's than their list of do's. Unfortunate because evangelicals are or should be more about the do's than the don'ts but a lot of people can't get by the don'ts or won't get by the don'ts because they would be viewed as out of step with the rest of society, narrow minded, bigoted and generally unpopular. Since everybody wants to be liked it's hard to remember that Christ said if the world didn't like Him they won't like us either. Add on an actual belief and or interest in the end times and you're just plain nutty. It may also be coming to the point where people who have actual beliefs will be persecuted in some fashion-may be not by death but there are other means. Got kids-CPS might just harass you instead of the drug addict, child abuser or alcoholic next door. It might be financial.

jim.carroll said...

DibDabDeb, Shalom!

About your friend, I personally don't see anything wrong with her attitude. Long-time posters on this board (and by that I mean people who have been here for about a year) will know that I'm Roman Catholic. We don't believe in the Rapture as it's generally taught, since as a doctrine it's only about 150 years old. And, after being around for a little less than two millenia, the RCC has seen more than its fair share of people claiming that the end is near, and that the Apocalypse is upon us. So for us the official line is that the end is ALWAYS near -- you could slip on some ice and crack your head open, you could get hit by a car, you could simply die of old age -- but at some point you will stand before the Eternal Judge and face the final judgment. Since the End Of Time will come at a time known only to the Father and the End Of Our Lives will come at some point that we cannot know, it is well and good for us to prepare ourselves for our journey now, rather than waiting until the last minute.

(That's an image that, frankly, strikes terror in my heart. It doesn't matter how prepared I am, how long ahead of time I have my bags packed and so on, it always takes me two and sometimes three trips back to the house to get something I forgot. When I was getting getting ready to drive to my Dad's funeral, I put my good clothes in a travel bag next to the door so I wouldn't forget them. I got there after driving six hours, only to have to drive another hour to the nearest Wal-Mart to buy something to wear to the funeral.)

Sure there are signs, omens, and portents. I post here, though, because I like trying to solve puzzles and mysteries. As you can see if you been reading the posts here for a while, there are any number of different signs, symbols, people, etc. that can fulfill at least parts of the biblical prophecies. And those are only due to the signs, omens, and portents that we know about. How many of the signs, etc. are hidden, not known to the public, and won't be made public for quite some time?

I think the "individual persecution of Christians" isn't such a bad signpost for her to use. So, rather than worry about your friend's "dis-inclination" to believe the end is nigh, ask her if she's planning on waiting for that sign before getting ready, or if she's getting her bags packed now.

<><

jim.carroll said...

JIB, Shalom! You wrote: It may also be coming to the point where people who have actual beliefs will be persecuted in some fashion-may be not by death but there are other means. Got kids-CPS might just harass you instead of the drug addict, child abuser or alcoholic next door. It might be financial.

That's already happening in Canada through the Canadian Human Rights Commission. This is a government body that is charged with ensuring that Canadians' human rights aren't violated, and whose decisions have the force of law and cannot be appealed. People who are accused of communicating anything electronically which is "likely to expose a person or persons to hatred or contempt" can be brought before the Commission and prosecuted, without any form of due process. This has already been applied to several people who have posted sermons online against a homosexual lifestyle, with one case prohibiting a man from posting anything online for five years!

Check out these articles: Canada's Human Rights Commission Used to Target Conservative Website With "Hate Speech"

It's all very odd, 'that's for sure'

<><

JCChick23 said...

Hi all--I have been crazy--just returned from a trip and about to embark on another. Im exhausted. I miss you all terribly...and I need to ask a favor. Can you please pray for a very, very dear friend of mine who got hurt playing hockey? He went head first into a goal post and seized on the ice for about 10 mins. They tried to intubate (sp?) him but he was vomiting so bad they couldnt. They found he had a brain bleed and he has been in the hospital since last Friday. Last night they discharged him (ridiculous!!!) and of course, as I predicted--he is right back in the hospital today. I am scared for him..Alesia you might remember my husband had a terrible head injury...so please pray for him.

Interestingly, last year my husband and this guy I am asking you to pray for watched Facing the Giants. This person laughed at it and said, "thats crazy--the movie makes it sound like if you dont have God you dont have anything..." My heart just ached for him. I didnt say much as it wasnt the appropriate time..but I have prayed for him.

In His name....God Bless you all..

JC

jim.carroll said...

Shalom, all! I realized after that last posting that I should provide a link to the story about the minister being found guilty of a human rights violation for speaking out against homosexuality. It appears that I was confusing two different stories. In the case of the pastor who was found to have violated the rights of homosexuals by writing a letter to the editor against homosexuality,

The Alberta Human Rights Tribunal ruled in favour of Lund who demanded that Boissoin "apologize for submitting the article and for his views on homosexuality." If he did not, the Commission panel has the power to "provide an Order disallowing the publication of Mr. Boissoin's views on homosexuality in any of the major print media in Alberta,"

The ruling listed the media outlets subject to its order as the Red Deer Advocate, Red Deer Express, Calgary Herald, Calgary Sun, Edmonton Journal, Edmonton Sun and Lethbridge Herald.


In December of 2007, a Catholic magazine was charged by the Canadian HRC for publishing several stories on the Catholic position on homosexuality. You can read more about it here and here.

The Christian Heritage Party of Canada is also being investigated by the HRC. You can read about it here

<><

Jen said...

JC,
Will be praying for your friend....could you give his first name? Also, check out the prayer blog we now have for prayer requests and add it there so we can keep track of this/you can update as needed.

Deb,
I looked up evangelicalism at Wikipedia to see what they had to say, so you might want to check that out, too. I agree that it's become a dirty word lately, but I don't think there's anything new or groundbreaking about it, just that more and more people are becoming opposed to absolute beliefs and the whole tolerance movement doesn't mesh with anyone of that persuasion.

Blessings,
Jen

campsmore said...

JC, our family is praying for your friend

Alf Cengia said...

"I think Mac meant to say: thank you Jib, I like reading Vox Day's articles... :)"

My apologies (and thanks), Jib. I really should stop reading these posts with my dark sunglasses on.

Jcchick23, I'm praying for your friend.

Alesia said...

Hi Jcchicky!
Am praying for your friend.

Glad to hear from you - just not under these circumstances.

jib said...

no problem Mac :-)

Jim
I had Canada in mind when I wrote that. I will grant you they might be more liberal but there are pastors in Europe who have gone to jail for same. I think a this point as far as "first" world countries the US is likely one of the very few where it hasn't been made illegal to speak out.

Jen
wow. let's pray he gets better. in fact just so you know it can take up to a year to recover from a brain injury completely.

Great Grany 5 said...

JC Chicky23,

I am praying for your friend too! Also, for your stamina to hold up and firm.

Having one of those quiet nights and I think I am finally relaxing. The day has really been strange here and we had 69 degrees when we got up this morning and by noon the temps dropped to 32, and now we are at 28 degrees F. But the strange thing is the high winds that have absolutely rocked our stone house all day. We have had gusts up to 45 mph and it really makes a noisy day. I kept thinking of Elijah hiding in the cave from Jezebel and how the wind must have sounded to him. I wonder what he was thinking during all of that.

All of you have a blessed nights rest, Mac you get the reverse and have a blessed and prosperous day.

Shalom all,

Grany

Alesia said...

Jamie - Are you sure you posted the right url?

Alesia said...

Debbie - I've had 3 close family members recently say to me: "Please don't tell me you're turning into one of those CRAZY Evangelicals!"
When I asked why they think Evangelicals are crazy, they said "I don't know, I hear that word & think of goofy Televangelists"

I think Evangelicals sometimes don't get the right message across to unbelievers/lukewarmers. People hear "All you have to do is believe in Jesus as the Messiah & you are saved" Not understanding that there is much more to it than that. I've had people say to me "That's garbage - so you're saying All I have to do is believe something, I can go out & kill someone but as long as I believe in Jesus, I'm going to heaven? I don't by it etc, etc.

Getting beyond that is the real battle/hurdle we face, I think.

Harold said...

There has not been very much in the way of prophetic news in the last few days. Fortunately, it gave me time to catch up on some of the books I need to get read.

I just finished reading "Antichrist Islam's Awaited Messiah" by Joel Richardson. I thought it was a really interesting book.

I did not agree with everything in it (I can say that about every book I have ever read except for the Bible), but I did buy most of it.

I will start with my major disagreements with the book. There were only three:

1. Joel Richardson thinks that Gog and the Antichrist are the same person and thus thinks the Battle of Gog and Magog and Armageddon are the same event. Obviously, I vehemently disagree with that conclusion.

2. He also thinks Magog is Turkey and not Russia. Again, I vehemently disagree with his conclusion here as well.

3. Joel thinks the Antichrist's empire is going to be a revived Ottoman/Islamic empire. I still think that the last empire is going to be at least in part a Roman empire. I think he comes to this conclusion because he thinks that if the Antichrist's religion is Islamic, the last empire must be a revived Islamic empire in the Middle East as well. I am not convinced of this.

Those three disagreements aside, after reading this book, I can honestly say that Joel Richardson has 100% convinced me that Islam is the religion of the Antichrist. Joel makes too good a case for me to ignore.

I had thought that the religion of the Antichrist was probably going to be a combination of New Age religions. However, after reading this book, I have to say that Islam is a far better fit for the religion of the Antichrist than any New Age religion there is now, or is likely to be in the next few years.

The level of hate that followers of the Antichrist have for Christians and Jews, as described in Revelation, is only represented by one current religion on the planet and that religion is Islam.

This hate has been building for almost 1400 years. It would be much easier for the Antichrist to use this hate than to try to manufacture it in a few short years through a brand new religion.

Anyways, I have made some notes on the highlights of this book. I will not post one of my usual ridiculously long comments. I will split it up into a few parts.

The first part is from chapter 18 of the book called "A Summary of Comparisons Between The Islamic and Biblical Narratives of the End Times"

The following is a comparison of some of the similarities that exist between the biblical narrative of the last days and the Islamic narrative of the same period:

Bible: The Antichrist is an unparalleled political, military and religious leader that will emerge in the last days.
Islam: The Mahdi is an unparalleled political, military and religious leader that will emerge in the last days.

Bible: The False Prophet is a secondary prominent figure that will emerge in the last days who will support the Antichrist.
Islam: The Muslim Jesus is a secondary prominent figure that will emerge in the last days to support the Mahdi.

Bible: The Antichrist and the False Prophet together will have a powerful army that will do great damage to the earth in an effort to subdue every nation and dominate the world.
Islam: The Mahdi and the Muslim Jesus will have a powerful army that will attempt to control every nation of the earth and dominate the world.

Bible: The False Prophet is described essentially as a dragon in lamb’s clothing.
Islam: The Muslim Jesus literally comes bearing the name of the one that the world knows as “The Lamb of God: Jesus Christ.” Yet the Muslim Jesus, comes to murder all those who do not submit Islam.

Bible: The Antichrist and the False Prophet establish a New World Order.
Islam: The Mahdi and the Muslim Jesus establish a New World Order.

Bible: The Antichrist and the False Prophet institute new laws for the whole earth.
Islam: The Mahdi and the Muslim Jesus institute Islamic law all over the earth.

Bible: The Antichrist is said to “change the times.”
Islam: It is quite certain that if the Mahdi established Islam all over the earth, he would discontinue the use of Saturday and Sunday as the weekend or days of rest but rather Friday, the holy day of Islam. Also, he would most certainly eliminate the Gregorian calendar (A.D.), and replace it with the Islamic calendar (A.H.) as is used in every Islamic country.

Bible: The Antichrist and the False Prophet will both be powerful religious leaders who will attempt to institute a universal world religion.
Islam: The Mahdi and the Muslim Jesus will institute Islam as the only religion in the earth.

Bible: The Antichrist and the False Prophet will execute anyone who does not submit to their religion.
Islam: Likewise, the Mahdi and the Muslim Jesus will execute anyone who does not submit to Islam.

Bible: The Antichrist and the False Prophet will specifically use beheading as the primary means of execution for non-conformists.
Islam: The Mahdi and the Muslim Jesus will use the Islamic practice of beheading for executions.

Bible: The Antichrist and the False Prophet will have a specific agenda to kill as many Jews as possible.
Islam: The Mahdi and the Muslim Jesus will kill as many Jews as is possible until only a few are left hiding behind rocks and trees.

Bible: The Antichrist and the False Prophet will attack to conquer and seize Jerusalem.
Islam: The Mahdi and the Muslim Jesus will attack to re-conquer and seize Jerusalem for Islam.

Bible: The Antichrist will set himself up in the Jewish temple as this seat of authority.
Islam: The Mahdi will establish the Islamic Caliphate from Jerusalem.

Bible: The False Prophet is said to do many miracles to deceive as many as possible into supporting the Antichrist.
Islam: The Mahdi himself is said to control the weather and the crops. His face is said to glow. We can also assume that since Jesus is viewed as having been empowered by Allah to work miracles when he was here on earth the first time he will most likely be expected to continue to do so when he returns.

Bible: The Antichrist is described as riding on a white horse in the Book of Revelation.
Islam: The Mahdi is described as riding on a white horse (ironically from the same verse).

Bible: The Antichrist is said to make a peace treaty with Israel for seven years.
Islam: The Mahdi is said to make a peace treaty through a Jew (specifically a Levite) for exactly seven years.

Bible: Jesus the Jewish Messiah will return to defend the Jews in Israel from a military attack from a vast coalition of nations led by the Antichrist and the False Prophet.
Islam: The Dajjal, the Islamic Antichrist will gain a great Jewish following and claim to be Jesus Christ and fight against the Mahdi and the Muslim Jesus.

Bible: The Antichrist spirit specifically denies the most unique and central doctrines of Christianity, namely the trinity, the incarnation and the substitutionary death of Jesus on the cross.
Islam: Islam doctrinally and spiritually specifically denies the most unique and central doctrines of Christianity, namely the trinity, the incarnation and the substitutionary death of Jesus on the cross.

Bible: The primary warning of Jesus and the Apostle Paul was to warn Christians of the abundance of deceit and deception in the last-days.
Islam: Islam is perhaps the only religion in the earth that practices deceit as one of its tools to assist its own ascendancy. It actually has a specific doctrine which allows and even calls for deception to be used to achieve its desired end.

Bible: When Antichrist emerges, there will already be some form of system in place that will be poised to receive him as Savior and to give allegiance to him.
Islam is already the second largest religion and will at present growth rates become the largest religion within a few decades. Islam is awaiting the coming of the Mahdi with an increasing measure of anticipation.

Bible: The specific nations pictured in the Bible as being part of the final empire of the Antichrist are all Islamic nations.
Islam: All Muslims are commanded to give their allegiance to the Mahdi as the final Caliph and Imam (leader) of Islam.

Bible: From the Bible and history we learn that the final Antichrist empire will be a revived version of the empire that succeeds the Roman Empire.
Islam: The Empire that succeeded the Roman/Byzantine Empire was the Islamic Ottoman Empire.

End Quote

From what I read in this book and elsewhere, I agree with all the above comparisons between the Bible and Islam's end times views except for the last two comparisons. The last two hit the three objections I stated earlier.

God Bless,
Harold

missy in africa said...

Sleep tight - morning here!
Just a note before I get busy this morning… Alesia and Mac,
The John 10 verses, especially “my sheep hear my voice”… have been cycling in my mind a lot lately. There is so much “news” and info to sort through but then God seems faithful to show us the way so I was encouraged when I came in here – thank you!

This article this morning caught my attention as Jim and others had been discussing the possible correlations & relevance of the Holocaust to the endtimes.

Honoring Nazi victims as witnesses fade @ http://tinyurl.com/3xa7k3

This sentence really made me think… “The visits will end in either 2010 or 2011, Nemitz estimated, because there are so few victims left.” (visits to the memorial)

Praying this morning for your friend, JC.

Missy

missy in africa said...

Missy has a question.
Does anyone think that the False Prophet will come to light before the AC just as John the Baptist was born 6 months before our Savior’s first arrival and then later J the B began his ministry before Jesus’ own official ministry? Also, if the AC is too really fool the Jews wouldn’t a false Elijah (J the B was a type) come on the scene first?
I haven’t studied much on this but the thought has repeatedly re-emerged in my mind over the past few months. My thoughts then immediately travel to the obvious conclusion… If so, the FP revealed approximately 6 months before the AC – then the saints may be able to identify the FP.
In truth, I am looking for the Coming of Christ not the AC or his forerunner. So, I am amazed – pleasantly surprised as I see these other puzzle pieces….
Now, to find where these pieces fit!

Missy

Anonymous said...

Hi- that web address should be:

http.//magog.web-site.co.il/

it should take you to a page that has list of prophecies:The Later Days Gog-Magog, The Later Days Ben Laden ect.

I had a little trouble getting onsite. very interesting.

Jamie

Anonymous said...

I donn't know whats wrong, now it brings me to some porn site. Sorry!!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

this got me in-

http://magog.web-site.co.il/gog/e_war.shtml

sorry this was so difficult!

Jamie

campsmore said...

Harold, thanks for posting that.

Geoff update:

Beth took Geoff to the doctor yesterday.

He has thrush in his mouth and throat from all the meds.....they gave him a new prescription for that.
He's anemic and still on the insulin and weighs only 147.

The good news: He has seen an improvement in stamina, energy, etc. He was good enough on the
way home from the Dr. for them to stop by Shoney's to get a bite to eat. A week and a half ago, he almost died and couldn't even get to a bathroom in the hospital so your prayers are working!! Don't quit, please!

The specific prayer request: That his colon continues to heal so they can recontinue with the cancer therapy, that he continues to gain strength and that they rec. the miracle of healing of the cancer.

Beth's dad, Joe is down at Geoff's sister's in Georgia and having a good time so that has relieved Beth of a lot of stress and with the meds that the Dr. gave her
she sounds so much better.

jim.carroll said...

Missy, Shalom! You wrote:

So, I am amazed – pleasantly surprised as I see these other puzzle pieces….
Now, to find where these pieces fit!


It helps if you have a nice, sharp, Xacto knife at hand...

:-D

<><

jim.carroll said...

Campsmore, Shalom!

Know that I am keeping Geoff in my prayers. Having said that, I wanted to share something with you. Years ago, I used to write a weekly syndicated column describing my experiences as a Dad. (The column died when newsprint prices rose and editors had to make cuts.) One of the columns describes my feelings when, shortly after the birth of my second daughter, my ex-wife's dearest friend found out her cancer had returned and had metastasized. You can read it here.

<><

Alesia said...

Lori - Thanks for the update about Geoff - still praying for him.

Glad to hear you're feeling better too!

Thuunda said...

Wow Harold...very interesting comparison there. I heard Walid Shoebat also has the opinion that the AC will come from Islam. Some other prominent bible scholars are also starting to think in the same line.

Camps, I'm still praying for Geoff!! We will trust G_d together.

JCChick23 said...

My friends name is Jeff--my husband and daughter saw him last night at the hospital and said he was not good...going to find the prayer blog...
Love you guys...

jim.carroll said...

Lightshine, Shalom!

Thanks for getting the URL of that "Latter Days" web site. I noticed something very interesting that they (being Jewish) either didn't notice or chose to ignore. In the first section, they quote Isaiah 63: "And then [the Messiah] son of [King] David shall emerge, and will show us the destruction of those and those, and will come from there to the Land of Israel, as it is written (Isiah 63): "Who is it who comes from Edom" etc. Two paragraphs later, it states: It is interesting, that about the question of what happens with the sins of the people of Israel, it is written that HaShem (G-d) is transferring all the sins of Israel to Esau, which in Jewish tradition represents Christianity. Finally, they make several more references to Jewish tradition having Edom = Christianity, quoting from the Zohar.

What they don't seem to pick up on, is by their own admission, their own tradition says that the Messiah will come (wait for it) from Christianity! Isaiah 63 says the Messiah will come from Edom! I would love to talk to the people who put together this web site and ask them to explain that!

<><

Alesia said...

Hey Chicky,
Am praying for your friend, Jeff as well as you & your hubby.
Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim- Interesting observation!! Question: does it seem to you that they are not equating Edom and Esau? It appears to me that they are saying Edom=Christianity and Esau = Islam.

Did you read the section 'in the fallow year wars will occur'? It says that "on the fallow year, which will be one year before the appearance of the Messiah, there shall be wars." 2001 was a fallow [Sabbath]year and so is 2008.

I'm still going over these prophecies. They cover more than the book by Rabbi Kohen that I have.

Jamie

Harold said...

The Bible emphasizes that Satan is the father of lies. The Antichrist is going to rule the world through lies and deceit and the Antichrist's world wide religion will also be characterized by lies and deceit.

The following verse in Daniel is talking about the Antichrist:

Daniel 8:25

25 By his cunning he shall make deceit prosper under his hand, and in his own mind he shall become great. Without warning he shall destroy many. And he shall even rise up against the Prince of princes, and he shall be broken—but by no human hand.

Joel Richardson's book, "Antichrist Islam's Awaited Messiah" does a good job of pointing out what a huge role lying and deceit plays in Islam.

The following passages from the book discuss the role of lying in Islam:

Understanding Dishonesty and Deceit in Islam

When someone first becomes curious and wishes to begin learning about Islam, it is imperative that they first understand the degree to which lying is not only permitted, but actually fostered and even, at times, commanded in Islam. When a Christian wishes to teach others about Christianity, it is simply understood that honesty will be an essential aspect of that sharing.

In Islam however, most westerners have a hard time relating to the fact that purposeful exaggerations, covering of the truth and occasionally – outright-deliberate lying is a core part of the religion of Islam. There are actually specific doctrines and traditions that foster a culture of dishonesty within Islam.

While many people in the West think of jihad as simply fighting against non-Muslim governments and nations etc., the concept in Islam actually includes all aspects of life. So, in the Muslim mind, even the struggle to convert non-Muslims to Islam is part of jihad. Evangelism in Islam is more than just “sharing the good news,” it is war.

With this in mind, it is vital that we note Muhammad’s famous saying that, “War is deception.” Thus, when dealing with non-Muslims, Islam encourages Muslims to use an aggressive jihad/war-time mentality that is literally defined by deception.

Indeed until any non-Muslim comes to realize the degree to which this mentality plays out when dealing with many Muslims, it will be only too easy to lose touch with a healthy sense of objectivity. When dealing with someone who is purposefully deceptive, trusting individuals – as so many in the West are these days, are like sheep being led to the slaughter.

This mentality of evangelism as jihad also finds its support in Islam under the category of two specific doctrines called Kithman and Taqiya.

Kithman: Hiding the Truth

Kithman is a command to deliberately conceal one’s beliefs. It is a particular form of lying primarily practiced by the minority Shia Muslims. This doctrine is articulated by Imam Jafar Sadiq, the sixth Imam of Shia’ Islam:

One, who exposes something from our religion, is like one who intentionally kills us.

You belong to a religion that whosoever conceals it, Allah will honor him and whosoever reveals it, Allah will disgrace him.

So Shia’ Muslims are commanded to purposefully hide what they truly believe in order to mislead outsiders as to the true nature of their religion. One cannot help but to immediately think of Jesus’ words, when He told his followers never to hide their religion:
You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. – Matthew 5:14-16

But instead, Shia’ Muslims are said to “belong to a religion that whosoever conceals it, Allah will honor him and whoever reveals it, Allah will disgrace him.” That is the doctrine of kithman. To most westerners, this concept is unimaginable and completely contrary to reason. If you have something good, then share it. If you have something to hide, than I probably don’t want it anyway.

There is essentially no difference between the doctrine of Kithman and the doctrine of Taqiya. Taqiya is defined by one Shia’ Muslim commentator thusly:

The word “al-Taqiyya” literally means: “Concealing or disguising one’s beliefs, convictions, ideas, feelings, opinions, and/or strategies at a time of imminent danger, whether now or later in time, to save oneself from physical and/or mental injury.” A one-word translation would be “Dissimulation.”

This same commentator however from an article in a Shite Encyclopedia, goes on to state that, “The true spirit of ‘al-Taqiyya’ is better embodied in the single word ‘diplomacy.” Indeed diplomacy is quite a “diplomatic” definition.

The doctrines of Kithman and Taqiya are often said to be strictly Shia’ doctrines. Sunni Muslims however deny that either doctrine is part of their tradition. Unfortunately, this is merely another deception itself. Next, we will run through some of the Sunni traditions that prove the universal application of Taqiya within Islam.

Taqiya: Foundation for Deception

The Quran teaches that it is allowable for Muslims to literally deny their faith to protect themselves. Muslims who deny their faith will be forgiven as long as their true faith was not really shaken (i.e. their denial was a lie in the purest sense) and only if their denial of faith was for the purpose of avoiding harm (primarily while living among non-Muslims):

Anyone who, after accepting faith in Allah, utters unbelief, except under compulsion, his heart remaining firm in Faith – but such as open their breast to unbelief, on them is Wrath from Allah, and theirs will be a dreadful Penalty.” – Surah 16:106

The Sunni Scholar, Ibn Kathir, elaborates on the meaning of this verse in his classic commentary on the Quran:

This refers to a group of people who were oppressed in Mecca and whose position with their own people was weak, so they went along with them when they were tried by them… Allah tells them that after this, meaning after their giving in [to the non-Muslims by denying their faith] when put to the test, He will forgive them and show mercy to them when they are resurrected.
As long as a Muslim lives in a country where Islam exists as a minority, in “a weakened state,” then deceptiveness is allowed. When challenged by non-Muslims to blaspheme Allah, they “went along with them.”

The actual story of how the above verse was “revealed” to Muhammad is told thusly:

The nonbelievers arrested “Ammar Ibn Yasir and tortured him until he uttered foul words about the Prophet (Muhammad), and praised their gods and idols; and when they released him, he went straight to the Prophet. The Prophet said: “Is there something on your mind?” ‘Ammar Ibn Yasir said: “Bad news! They would not release me until I defamed you and praised their gods!” The Prophet said: “How do you find your heart to be?” ‘Ammar answered: “Comfortable with faith.” So the Prophet said: “Then if they come back for you, then do the same thing all over again.” Allah at that moment revealed the verse: “….except under compulsion, his heart remaining firm in faith…” – Surah 16:106

So Muhammad actually encouraged Muslims to lie and blaspheme and deny their beliefs if it was going to protect them, as long as they were “comfortable with faith.”

Ibn Abbas, the most renowned and trusted narrator of tradition in the sight of the Sunnis confirms this notion:

Taqiyya is (merely) the uttering of the tongue, while the heart is comfortable with faith.

This is of course quite a contrast to the millions of Christians throughout history who have refused to renounce Christ and have accepted instead death and martyrdom.

The Quran also commands Muslims not to befriend anyone who is not a Muslim – again though, unless doing so can help protect the Muslim from harm:

Let not the believers take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather then believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help form Allah: except that you guard yourselves fully against them. – Surah 3:28

Ibn Kathir, then goes on to utterly destroy the notion that Taqiya is for Shia’ Muslims only when he says, “Taqiya is allowed until the Day of the Resurrection.”

We see that Taqiya is indeed a doctrine for all Muslims that allows them to literally deny any aspect of their faith and in order to protect themselves from harm. The problem however, is that in practice, the definition of “harm” has come to include a mere harming of one’s reputation as a representative of Islam, and as we are about to see, Islamic tradition allows for deception to be used for several other purposes as well.

Deception Justified to Gain Wealth

Despite Ibn Kathir’s comments however, many will make the claim (possibly as a deception tactic itself) the Taqiya should only be used to protect one’s life. Far from it. Muhammad even allowed lying for the sake of gaining wealth:

After the conquest of the city of Khaybar by the Muslims, the Prophet was approached by Hajaj Ibn ‘Aalat and told: O Prophet of Allah: I have in Mecca some excess wealth and some relatives, and I would like to have them back; am I excused if I bad-mouth you to escape persecution?” The Prophet excused him and said: “Say whatever you have to say.”

It is the “and end justifies the means” approach to life and religion that Muhammad displays that shines through the most here.

Deception Justified to Murder the Enemies of Islam

Allah’s Apostle said, “Who is willing to kill Ka’b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle?” Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, “O Allah’s Apostle! Would you like that I kill him?” The Prophet said, “Yes.” Muhammad bin Muslama said, “Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab).” The Prophet said, “You may say it.”

Deception To Attain Goals and Prosperity

Imam Al-Ghazali, one of the most famous Muslim theologians and philosophers of all time, takes the permissibility of lying even further. To Ghazali, lying is permissible so long as virtually any positive or beneficial goal may be achieved:

Speaking is a means to achieve objectives. If a praiseworthy aim is attainable through both telling the truth and lying, it is unlawful to accomplish through lying because there is no need for it. When it is possible to achieve such an aim by lying but not by telling the truth, it is permissible to lie if attaining the goal is permissible.

Know this that lying is not sin by itself, but if it brings harm to you it could be ugly. However, you can lie if that will keep you from evil or if it will result in prosperity.

Implications for Islam in the West

In terms of the implications for today, Abdullah Al-Araby comments:

The principle of sanctioning lying for the cause of Islam bears grave implications in matters relating to the spread of the religion of Islam in the West. Muslim activists employ deceptive tactics in their attempts to polish Islam’s image and make it more attractive to prospective converts.

Many Christians, due to either a lack of knowledge or simply not wanting to appear too fighty or contentious, allow the deception to flow unchecked. When Americans witnessed numerous moderate Muslims make speeches to defend the benign nature of “The Religion of Peace,” after 9-11, for instance, many of these speakers were knowingly misrepresenting the true nature of Islam. Many have been documented speaking in far more aggressive terms in private meetings with other Muslims.

These Muslims, posing as “moderates” justified their misrepresentations of Islam because in their minds, they were protecting Islam and thus American Muslims from “harm.” It was “damage control” in its truest form.

End Quote

Harold

Alf Cengia said...

Good post, Harold. Most of the studies I've done about Islam and "moderate" Muslims agrees with this. IMO, the moderate Muslim should actually be considered an apostate. There's lots of data bearing this out on the Answering Islam site.

This is another good site for info:
Islam Review: Presented by the Pen vs the Sword

Alf Cengia said...

Some time ago, Jim was talking about some of the misinformation (disinformation?) in the media regarding Israel and the Palestinian rights to the land. This is a very good searchable site with lots of data covering this and other stuff. It even comprehensively deals with the infamous "Liberty Incident".

WELCOME TO PALESTINE FACTS

Alf Cengia said...

Talking to Ourselves: How Scripture Meditation Fights Off Depression

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim- okay I didn't read the large print[Edom = Esau]

jamie

Alesia said...

Wow Mac - You're very prolific ALL over the place tonight!
Lots of reading for us to do.
Thanks!

you're posting so many articles, I think you broke Blogger LOL

Alesia said...

OK, Mister! 52 pages to print out JUST from your blog's 3 articles!!!

Did we ever invite Anne over here? She's inquiring over at Joel's. I can't remember if she knows about the cave or not. Anyone know?

Jen said...

Hi Harold,
The info you posted is very interesting and thought-provoking for me. For 8 years, I taught English as a Second Language (ESL) in a high school and had a large amount of students from Middle Eastern/Muslim backgrounds. While they were always good students and I had no problems with them academically, I now often wonder if I was actually working with students/families who held similar beliefs to what you have described. 2 instances stand out in my mind.
In my first year, I had an advanced level student who was a Jr. She didn't need much help, but I would review her essays with her from time to time. She got to know me a bit and after several months, she emphatically told me that I couldn't really be a Christian. When I asked why, she said I was too nice and helpful. That gave me insight into what she was being taught in her Muslim home.
The other case involved a family of 6 or more children coming with the parents from Pakistan (their surname was actually Ghazali, just as in your article.) I had 2 of the boys in class for several years. Both were very good students, very eager to learn, etc. The older 2 brothers had come at an age where they were too old to enroll in high school and they needed to start in community college with an ESL adult program. The father didn't like that arrangement and pushed really hard for the boys to be enrolled in our school (if they had been learning disabled, they would have been of age, but language ability was not considered a disability, so we went round and round on the technicalities). Anyway, my dealings with him always left me with the feeling that I was being played and used as a middle man. I could sense his approach change with each phone conversation, sometimes rude and pushy and if that didn't work, then complimentary and flattering the next time. I don't want to push round pegs into square holes because I've also dealt with American parents who were worse than that - or not involved at all with their children's education - but now in hindsight as I "get educated" on these subjects, it draws things into focus better for me. I think, too, that our culture has slipped so far down the tolerance slope that we really don't put much effort into considering these issues when dealing with different belief systems.....warning bells go off in our mind and we pull back for fear of offending anyone (I'm speaking of our culture at large). I know I was drawn into that mindset over the years as I spent more time in non-church related circles. Satan is working so carefully and pervasively in our world, using all sorts of opportunities to drawn us away from the strait and narrow. I come back to Grumpy's frog boiling analogy time and time again.
That's one reason I'm so thankful for the fellowship here which really serves to keep me in pursuit of Truth and deeper understanding of the Scriptures.

Blessings,
Jen

Alesia said...

Grany Wilma - am praying for your bosom!
Maybe this will help - I just went through the same exact thing a few months ago & all is well, turned out to be a lymph node.
Love you!

jim.carroll said...

Lightshine, Shalom!

I'm very cautious about that "Latter Days" site. If you go to the home page, there's a notice that the site hasn't been updated since 2002 (although I did find some info that was entered in 2005.) It refers you to a web site called "Yiddishkeit.org -- Your online Torah resource." (Yiddishkeit = Jewish Spirit) (more on this in a moment)

The entire site is dedicated to the idea that the Messiah was going to return in 2003 OR 2005 OR ? There are a lot of good insights into Jewish End-Times views. It draws a lot on the Torah, Torah commentaries, and various pieces of Jewish prophetic literature that have been collected over the last couple of thousand years. I agree that they're equating Esau = Ishmaelite = Islam and Edom = Rome = Christianity. In this respect they seem to be taking a strictly symbolic view and not a literalist/historical approach to Biblical Prophecy interpretation. They seem to be very intent on setting a date and time for the arrival of the Messiah. It worries me because they seem so intent on a human, corporeal Messiah that will step from the crowd and say, "Here I am!" that it's very easy to see how they could be fooled by the AC.

The Yiddishkeit link brings you to a Lubavitcher Jewish web site. Lubavitchers are really hard core, serious Orthodox Jews. A group of them moved from New York to Postville, Iowa about a decade ago to run a kosher meat processing plant. Talk about culture shock. I you haven't aleady, you need to read, "Postville: A Clash of Cultures in Heartland America" by Stephen G. Bloom. In any case, expect to learn a lot about the Kabbalah from the web site.

BTW, Where did you get Rabbi Kohen's book? I haven't gotten a copy yet -- too much other stuff to read.

<><

Alf Cengia said...

"Did we ever invite Anne over here? She's inquiring over at Joel's. I can't remember if she knows about the cave or not. Anyone know?"

I checked her profile but couldn't see an e-mail address. We could leave a message to contact one of us and then point her here.

Harold said...

mac,

This is the fourth time I have tried to posts this over the last two hours. I hope it works this time.

Thanks for posting the link to the Palestine Facts site. I particularly like the "Israel and Palestine: Before 1948" maps. Very cool!

jen,

Thanks for posting your ESL stories. They were interesting and added some first hand knowledge to the discussion.

God Bless,
Harold

campsmore said...

Can I call for an international day of fasting and prayer? It was suggested by a family member that we should have a national day before the republican convention which is Sept 1-4. So I thought, why stop at national? Then I thought August 30th sounded like a good date, it turns out to be Tisha B'Av.

Mr Hyde said...

I don't know whether it will make access any easier, but I’ve limited the front page to show only the 3 latest posts.

Mr Hyde said...

Lori, I'm all for special prayer & fasting days. We likely do not do this enough!

Alesia said...

Mr Hyde,
The problem today was with Blogger in general, not your site in particular.

campsmore said...

Something just happened with an American Airlines plane that just landed at PBIA. Apparently there was some type of fire on board with 90 minutes to go. OUr news is showing 7 people being taken to the hospital...pilot, flight attendants, and two passengers.

There was a passenger calling the news from the terminal and mentioned something about smoke inside the cabin.

This flight was enroute to Phila. when it had to make an emergency landing. Praise the Lord, this story could have been alot worse.

Anne said...

I have a LOT of catching up to do! You guys are sneaky :)

Thanks for letting me know, Alesia.

campsmore said...

Sorry Anne,

Desperate times call for desperate measures....glad you're here

Late Night Lisa said...

Islam vs.End times discussion

I've been going down this road quite a distance and at the moment I've come to the conclusion that Islam will play a major role in the Gog/Magog war. Basically they'll get their butts kicked by Yehweh on that day.

Then after a period of years Islam may return after the Abomination of Desolation when the Antichrist reveals his true self.The New World Order will have already been in place 3 1/2 years by then.

I think there are a few of us who have read the book "The Silence in Broken! God Hooks Ezekiel's Gog & Magog by Douglas Berner.

I just finished it yesterday and I have to say it is probably one of the most well written and informative books I've seen so far.

You have to read it.It's #1 on my list.

In chapter 10 "Jewish Expectations Regarding Gog & Magog." is very worthwhile.

He goes onto say after the war of Gog and Magog: "Isreal and the world will believe that the War of Armegeddon as well as other end-time prophecies predicted in the Bible will have been fulfilled. Gog,the psuedo-image of Satan's Antichrist, will be supernaturally defeted by God.Israel will declare that the Tribulation and God's Day of the Lord judgments are now over. A dynamic leader will emerge(I personally now think he may be Jewish)as a man of peace and present himself himself to the world as God's Messiah. It will serve the purpose of Satan and the Antichrist for the world to believe that God's prophesies have been fulfilled and the time of the Messiah has come."

In a nutshell-The Jews (since they don't pay attention to the New Testament) think that Ezekiel's War of God and Magog and Zechariah's multinational attack against Jerusalem are viewed as the wars immediately preceeding the revealing of the Jewish Messiah. Then "Peace on Earth."
Yahweh will have "shown His face" to the Jews and the World by saving them. The Jews build the Temple to begin live sacrifices once again.Islam will be utterly humiliated.

Look how the entire prophetic events are beautifully orchestrated.

Other than a handful of Christians-everyone else is totally clueless. The sad part is that we could "shout from the rooftops" and probably few would HEAR." The sheep know their master's voice. We are the nutty "Evangelicals". The real nuts sent before us (Probably by Satan himself) have soured many on hearing any type of prophetic message.(Even from Islam saying they want to take over the world )Everyone wants to go along in life and think nothing is going to change. Their senses are dull and they don't want to hear it. They have plenty of time to do their own thing or just follow a "feel good" so called "Christian" organization. Of course these so called "Christians" don't read the Bible nor want to study the prophesies either.Otherwise who would "feel good and accepted." They'll go right along w/the Jews and think that Gog/Magog is the end of the story.

Then you have Joel Richardson who wrote a good book regarding Islam and it has what I consider some good & accurate information in it. He definately misses the mark on "Gog and Magog" and many of the timing issues. I also think he has Islam as too dominant a force in the entire prophetic Revelations.He doesn't believe in the Pre-Rapture and basically is preparing all his "type" to be Martyred and Beheaded during the Trib. He thinks us "rapture" Christians are Weenies and we'll all be disappointed and mislead once we are faced with horrific circumstances. I still look up his blog-he always posts interesting information re:Islam and is beneficial now in regards to Gog/Magog. I think the "New World Order" will be the major force in the Tribulation. Islam may be woven back into that but I'm not quite sure in what fashion.

Islam is definately the driving force in the Gog/Magog war which as we can see is forming as we speak.

Well that's my 2 cents worth. Read the Silence in Broken-let me know what you think.Very good thought on what the "Day of our Lord" really is.

Lisa

Mr Hyde said...

Lisa, good post.

Anne, glad you made it. At this point I should explain that there's a persistent rumour that mac & I are one and the same person.

Jen said...

Hi Grany,
I've added you to my prayer list. Please keep us updated as you gather more info.
Also, I, too, just had a mammogram (just before Christmas) due to a suspicious area and that led to a consult with a surgeon. He felt it was nothing more than a thickened area of tissue, so I'm just in wait-and-see mode for a few months. I did a lot of frantic research in the days before the test and found that about 90% of suspicious masses are nothing of concern. We'll pray with expectation that you're with Alesia and me in that group! Amen?

And Lori, can I join the prayer/fast if I start the night before and end in time to eat dinner on the 30th? That's my anniversary and we always have our once yearly "big-shots-paint-the-town-red" meal that evening. It's my only chance all year to have a guilt free gargantuan piece of cheesecake! LOL!

Blessings and goodnight!
Jen

campsmore said...

Jen, that would probably be a great idea since Israel is so many hours ahead of us.

Plus, a fast doesn't necessarily mean not eating at all. I have a few family members that cannot miss even one of their 5-6 meals a day.

Fasting can be food, computer, tv, radio, or....coffee, just about anything that shows God you really mean business.

Harold said...

lisa,

Good post! I echo your strong endorsement for "The Silence is Broken" by Douglas Berner.

I also agree with most of your comments about Joel Richardson (being wrong about the Antichrist and Gog being the same person, not believing in a pre-trib rapture, etc.) However, I do think he is right about Islam being the religion of the Antichrist.

Originally I thought that radical Islam was going to be totally wiped out by God during the Battle of Gog and Magog. After this battle, I thought that some kind of New Age religion that tries to blend all the current religions under one umbrella would rise to "heal the planet."

I still think this will initially be the case. As you mentioned, Islam is going to be humiliated after their crushing defeat at the Battle of Gog and Magog. Their will be millions of radical Islamists wiped out in this battle. However, this will still likely leave a billion or more Muslims on the planet in Islamic countries like Indonesia (the most populace Muslim nation of the earth) who were not involved in battle.

If there is one thing that the history of the last 1400 years has taught us, it is that Muslims are very patient and determined to take over the planet. As I heard one gentlemen say in a video I watched recently, "Islam has a chip on its shoulder the size of a mosque."

I share Douglas Berner's belief that the Battle of Gog and Magog will occur about 3 1/2 years before the start of the 7 year Tribulation Period (which is kicked off by the Antichrist confirming the treaty with Israel). This will give Islam plenty of time to recover. With us Christians gone with the rapture (which I believe will occur at the same time as the Battle of Gog and Magog), despite all the Muslims that will be wiped out during the battle of Gog and Magog, they will still make up a very large percentage of the population left on the planet.

Why would the Antichrist confirm a 7 year peace treaty with Israel? The only nations that have been fighting Israel for decades are Islamic and the Battle of Gog and Magog continues that trend. It only makes sense that the Antichrist would be confirming this peace treaty with Israel on behalf of mostly Islamic nations. I suspect this peace treaty will include Israel finally getting Islam's approval to have the Temple Mount back and rebuild the Temple. Islamic countries have always been the ones demanding to have the Temple Mount and the rest of Jerusalem.

As anyone who has studied Islam knows, they do not believe in peace treaties. Their idea of a peace treaty is just a temporary truce (cease fire) while they are in a weakened state. Once they have had the time to regain their strength, they break the peace treaty and attempt to defeat the nation they have had the "peace treaty" with. This is something that the West just doesn't understand. There is no permanent peace treaty with Islam.

Muslim nations are not permitted to make a permanent peace with infidels. This is against the teachings of Islam. They are commanded to conquer their enemies (which is any nation that is not Islamic) when they are strong enough to. They are especially commanded to reconquer nations that had previously been in Islamic hands. I think the 7 year peace treaty will just be a time for Islam to regain its strength.

It only makes sense that the Antichrist and his armies are Islamic. It will just be a continuation of the Battle between Isaac and Ishmael and between Jacob and Esau that has been raging for thousands of years. It is poetic. This struggle will finally be brought to its conclusion.

It also makes perfect sense that the Antichrist will break the peace treaty at the 3 1/2 year mark when he thinks his armies have gained enough strength to defeat Israel. It is a very Islamic thing to do. It is all about deception and doing anything necessary to gain the underhand.

Their are several good points that Joel Richardson made in presenting his case for Islam being the religion of the Antichrist. I have posted about a few of these previously, but there are some other points he made that I will post about in the near future.

<><
Harold

Grumpy said...

Great posts Late Night Lisa and Harold.

This is the kind of commentary I really enjoy reading - Thank you.

donna said...

Well, it's important to keep an open mind and keep praying and watching.

Things are happening with the European Union which look very much like the revived Roman Empire.

The European Union has it's roots through the agreement of the "Treaty of Rome" back in 1957

It's currently run by a "Trio Presindency" which consists of 3 leaders each with a 6 month presidency. Every 18 month a new group of 3 takes over.

I plan to look into the Lisbon Strategy that was agreed upon this past Oct 07.

Does anyone have any info on the Lisbon Strategy?

campsmore said...

Wikipedia-Lisbon Strategy

Europa glossary

jim.carroll said...

Donna, Shalom!

Do you remember a couple of years ago, there was an attempt to get a "European Union Constitution" passed? Basically to turn the European Union into the United States of Europe? The measure failed when Britain and another country (I think Holland) voted against the constitution.

The Lisbon Strategy is a plan to get around the failure to pass the constitution by using treaties and trade agreements to get the same effect, without having to put the measure to a vote of the people. (Kinda like they're trying to do with the North American Union.) The Lisbon Treaty restructures the EU in a way that involves the member states giving up at least some sovereignty. The first step was taken with a treaty that was signed in Lisbon about two months ago. Here's a BBC report on the treaty, and another report on British PM Gordon Brown signing the treaty the day after everyone else. Apparently there's some debate over whether or not this new treaty (since it's a treaty) needs to be put up for a public vote in Britain. (Commons EU battle will continue)

<><

Anne said...

I'm not even close to catching up on all the posts, but I want to tell all of you how grateful I am to your many varied and thoughtful insights. And the many articles, too! I sometimes have so many tabs open I fear for my little laptop.

While I was in the dark (who would think to look for a cave in Afghanistan?) I so longed for this dialog. And now I'm sorry for all those still at Joel's who are missing this. So, please keep double posting for the sake of all the quiet lurkers.

jib said...

actually Jen your assessment of suspicious mammograms is a little off but out of deference to Grany I'm not going to elaborate other than to say there is a difference between abnormal and suspicious. I suspect however given that repeat films are to be obtained they haven't assigned a level of suspicion and it is likely to turn out to be tissue folded on itself more than anything. if I had to guess I's say that she'll have to repeat the process in 6 months.



Harold

the problem I see with Islam being the one world religion is the following

1-most of radical Islam will be detryoed with Gog and Magog. there might be some left but I think their ranks will be so decimated that it would take longer than there actually will be for them to become a major force. the assumption that Malaysia will some how escape devastation is just that an assumption. the prophecy says and the many nations with you which I think as Joel points out in Epicenter could easily include nations like Malaysia since they have people who would more than likely respond to a call to fight against Israel.

2-that leaves the so called moderate Muslims who don't really believe or take seriously some of the beliefs that you point out as being true of all Muslims. in working with Muslims I think I can truthfully say that they come in many levels of commitment just as Christians come in many levels of commitment. It was an interesting revelation needless to say. While I wouldn't necessarily put it past them to be lying they are too consistent with their statements over months and years. That would require a phenomenal memory and level of dedication that quite frankly I don't think they have. As Mac said-most of the so called moderates would truly be considered apostate by the fundamental Muslims much as some fundamental Christians consider that all mainline churches are apostate and that none of them are in actuality Christian.

3-i think since there is a major outpouring of the Spirit going on in Muslim countries right now that there will just as easily be many Muslims who come to faith in Christ after they go through the war of Gog and Magog. The purists won't really be around in enough force to kill them off.

4-one thing I seem to notice with these conversations is that the religion of the Antichrist has to be Islam because of the beheadings and such. Keep in mind all that occurs after the Abomination of Desolation. Prior to this is the one world religion-after this is the worship of Antichrist. The reasons people are beheaded is not because they don't convert to Islam but because they don't worship Antichrist. The object of religion after the AOD is Antichrist who at that point is indwelt by Satan.

jib said...

anne
check out the prayer link on hydes home page.

donna said...

HI Anne,
Great to see you here. We did try to get hold of you but could not figure out how to.
Glad to see it worked out.
YOu're right, think I'll copy my last post to the other site!
:)

Angie said...

Regarding "moderate Muslims." I've often wondered what that really means. My guess--and I would be interested in anyone elses' thoughts--is that maybe the "moderate" Muslims are like Christians who are more like Christian in name only. They may go to church every Sunday and have been baptised as a baby, for example, but never have accepted Christ as their savour. They don't understand that being a Christian isn't something you do only on Sunday, but (ideally) involves some very deep and sometimes painful changes in us and in the way we look at ourselves, our relationships, other people, and the world around us.

Maybe the appropriate word for the people who post here is "fundamentalists." So maybe the "moderate" Muslims aren't "fundamentalists" and their religion doesn't go very deep.

I hope this makes sense.

><>

jib said...

Angie

I agree with your assessment. in fact there are a couple of Muslims that i work with that if I didn't know they were Muslim you couldn't prove it by me.

Alesia said...

Hey - Where'd everyone go?

I've been writing up job reviews all the live long day (and night).
Just finished up, sat down to unwind & read some pithy comments and THERE ARE NONE!

Mr Hyde said...

Nobody around?

Good time to make a cuppa.

Anybody want some? I suppose Jim will want something exotic...hmph!

Alesia said...

May I please have a Cafe Mocha w/ a double shot of espresso, skim milk, just a touch of whipped cream?
Thanks - I'll put the tip under the 3rd rock on the left!

Alf Cengia said...

That's the rock Hyde was sitting on :-o

I see you've added another coupla touches to your blog. Looks great. I've added a New Age aplogetics link to mine

Alesia said...

What does everyone think of Ray Comfort's Living Water Ministry?

I just put something on my blog from him with evangelism tools, that looks pretty interesting - lots of stuff to check out.

I am feeling a strong push to get out there & witness to folks. I must admit, I don't have the 1st idea how to go about it (especially since I'm not very outwardly sociable). I have been updating my blog & am going to send out a mass email to invite people to it. I confess, I'm pretty nervous about that, actually.
Can someone critique it objectively & let me know if it's any good?

Alesia said...

Mac - I saw that. Is it ok if I keep swiping your links?

Your blog is coming together quite nicely, really good articles you keep posting.

I encourage everyone to check out Mac's newly (somewhat) formed blog - good stuff!

Alf Cengia said...

Alesia, I still feel like a babe in Christ in many ways, so I offer no critique of your blog. You've got a lot of really good info that will intrigue and attract people from a variety of walks in life. Pray about it and go for it. You have the Holy Spirit with you. Well done.

Alf Cengia said...

Oh, and you can certainly use any links on my blog. I put them there because they've helped me in the past and, hopefully, will help someone else.

Alesia said...

Thanks Mac.
BTW: I meant to say (somewhat) NEW blog. It reads like I was saying your blog was somewhat formed, which is not the case. It is a very finely formed blog, indeed!

I must force myself to bed - I have to wake in 5 hours!

night-night

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim- I ordered Rabbi Kohens book from WorldNetDaily store. It could be that they quit updating the 'the Later Days'site because the predictions of when didn't happen.? I would really like to know why they believe Edom = Christianity. I'm primarily interested in what prophecy has already been fulfilled, so I gleaned alot from their interpetations. I'll leave 'what happens next' to you- I love your senerios!BTW I found out [on yada Yehwah] that John 1:1 is a quote from the Zorah.

Harold- thanks for taking the time to post info from Richarsons book! I'm hoping to order his new one when it comes out.

Granny- I'm praying very much for you. G-d will be with you through this fire, and you'll come out not even 'smelling like smoke'[Dan. 3]

Alesia- we're all digging out of 10+ inches of snow-and its still snowing! no time to post! love all the referances on your blog...very helpful.

Jamie

jeri from SA said...

Hi Guys,
Still trying to catch up at work and via the posts. Have recovered very well from the op. Thank you for the prayers.

I posted an interesting article on Joel's blog, espesially for Grumpy and fellow accountants, but please note it is long. The post reads:-
HOW to SURVIVE the DEPRESSION
-by Andrew Strom.

Hope it gives you all food for thought, it has for me!

Have a blessed and Christ fulled weekend.
jeri

Angie said...

Alesia,

No pithy comments??

Gee, I thought my post was brilliant! I'm hurt! :-)

><>

Alesia said...

chuckle-snort-chuckle

Angie - your post WAS brilliant :)
I just meant there was a 4 hour lapse with no comments - after your comment.

Jeri - Glad to hear you are recovering nicely - Praise the Lord!!!

Thanks Jamie!

Jen said...

Hi Jeri,
Glad to hear you're mending well!
I have to let you know that your article hit home for me in several ways. First, it's of particular importance to my family since my husband works in the housing industry. We've seen the slowdown up close and personal. Thankfully, alot of his business is in the 55+ building sector which is still doing alright, but that won't last long if things get really tough.
But more interestingly, the 2 suggestions given by Andrew Strom were exactly the 2 things that I've felt the Holy Spirit nudging me toward lately. I've been trying to figure out a way to gather my neighbors together for fellowship/getting to know each other better and I think I have found a way to do that. I just need to get organized and get invites out. But just last week, I started thinking alot about finding a family to take under our wings. I even thought about having someone come live with us, like a single mother. At first blush, these thoughts are crazy and I can't imagine how I'd propose that to my husband. But it's almost like my mind and heart were being prepared so that I was ready should that opportunity come up. Your article will definitely give me a focus now in my prayers as I seek guidance from Holy Spirit. Also, I've had a hard time getting focused on prayer time lately and just last night something (sinister?) told me to give up on the struggle to overcome that and just get the housework done. Our prayers must be having an effect if we're getting that kind of attention.

Blessings,
Jen

Anne said...

Blood Bought (Mary) is asking about the regulars at Joel's. Should someone contact her?

Alesia said...

Anne - I'm pretty sure she knows & has already been here!

jim.carroll said...

Lightshine Jamie, Shalom!

I promise, I'll get a copy of Rabbi Kohen's book this weekend. I'll just put it on top of that pile of books I promise myself I'll read when I get enough time...

I agree -- it could be that they stopped updating that website because they were wrong about the dates. I found one notice that said they stopped updating because they couldn't find the time to translate it from Hebrew into English. If the time has passed and the prophecy hasn't come about, well, that would make it not worth their while to do the translating. I also noticed that one of the pages on that site emphasized that the times would come "soon". I think that's their way of covering their bases. Kaballistic interpretation tends to focus on "exact" meanings. If you can't read the Kaballah correctly, then you shouldn't be doing it, for fear of being a false prophet misreading the present. For them to say that these events fulfill the prophecies, but you still have to wait (instead of things happening 1, 2, 3, etc.), is a pretty big stretch.

I'm thinking they associate the symbolism of "Edom = Christianity" and "Rome = Christianity" because any nationality descended from Ishmael would be associated with Islam. The Ishmaelites have been Judaism's one big enemy; Christianity has been the other. So if it's not from Ishmael, it must be from Edom or Rome.

That "Yada Yahweh" site is ... interesting. I'll have to make the time to go over it more thoroughly. As for their statement that John 1:1 is from the Zohar, I'd have to disagree with that. The Jewish Virtual Library has a very interesting article on the Zohar, its origins, its use today, and its influence on Christian mysticism. According to them, the Zohar is written in a form of Aramaic used in Palestine in the 2nd Century CE. I'd be willing to say that both the Zohar and John used common sources (like the Synoptic Gospels).

Hope you're all dug out from the snow. We had another inch or so of powder last night, with a mix of rain and snow over the next five days. Should be fun!

<><

jim.carroll said...

Jen, Shalom! You wrote: Also, I've had a hard time getting focused on prayer time lately and just last night something (sinister?) told me to give up on the struggle to overcome that and just get the housework done.

One thing you can try to do is to make your housework a form of prayer. It's one of those things that's easy to learn but difficult to master. By keeping yourself focused on G_D while doing dishes or sweeping, by offering this work up for His glory, we turn what would be tedious work into prayer. It's a step into turning our everyday lives into prayers to Him. (You'll know you're succeeding when that sinister something tells you to stop working so you can pray!)

<><

Harold said...

jib,

A couple of months ago, I would have agree 100% with your comments about Islam not being the Antichrist's religion. However, since reading Joel Richardson's book, and reflecting on some other things I have read recently, I have changed my mind.

Like most people who read and post on this blog, my end times view of things keeps evolving and changing as events in the Middle East happen and as I read more books, articles, etc. On the one hand, this can be very exciting! On the other hand, it can be very annoying!

Every time I think I have a handle on what the probable sequence of end times events will be, I run across some new piece of information that changes my view. I am very detail oriented, and I find it aggravating when I don't know all the details about something. Unfortunately, I have to accept the fact that I will probably get many, if not most of the details of the end times wrong.

That being said, there are more details of Islam that Joel Richardson reveals in his book that I haven't posted yet. These details may or may not influence your view about whether or not Islam is likely the religion of the Antichrist.

I plan on posting more from the book in the near future, but in the mean time, I will make a few comments in response to your post about Islam.

1. Islam is definitely a cult that was inspired by Satan. If you read Muhammad's account of how an angel tried to strangle him in a cave, it is evident that this is either Satan himself or one of his followers that attacked him. During this encounter, this "angel" apparently told Muhammad to create this new religion. Good angel's do not try to strangle anyone. In Biblical accounts of encounters with angels, the first thing they always say is, "Don't be afraid." They don't attack you and try to strangle you!

There are accounts in the Hadiths and maybe the Quran itself of Muhammad frequently having seizures when he received new "revelations" from "Allah". Seizures can be a sign of demonic possession and that would make total sense if he was receiving these "revelations" during these seizures.

2. Satan has had almost 2000 years to prepare for the showdown that he knew would be coming after Jesus rose from the dead. He has had almost 1400 years of indoctrinating the followers of Islam with his lies.

I think we would all agree that we are currently living in the last days. Obviously Satan realizes that we are close to the end as well. It only makes sense that he would have things ready to do battle with God.

If we look around us, what religion is causing 99% of the current religious related conflicts on the planet? What religion is totally intolerant of any other religion or belief system? What religion insists on changing the laws of whatever country it dominates? What religion is spreading faster than any other religion? What religion rules by fear, deception and pride? What religion wants to conquer the world and make everyone convert or die?

The answer to all of these questions is Islam.

3. You said that you thought radical Islam would be totally wiped out by God during the battle of Gog and Magog. That is what I used to think.

Now however, I think there are going to be hundreds of millions of Muslims left over from the Gog and Magog battle to keep the religion alive and kicking. Some would suggest that these Muslims left alive will be mostly the moderates.

It is apparent that there will be no or almost no atheists left after God's world wide display of power at the battle of Gog and Magog. That would lead me to suggest that those who already have religions convictions before that event would have much stronger ones after that event. It seems to me that the Muslims who follow the Quran, the Hadiths, and Mohummad's other teachings the closest tend to be the most radical. I would think that with the events of Gog and Magog many moderate Muslims would start to get more serious about their faith and try to follow the teachings of Islam more closely. This, by definition, would turn many of them into radicals.

Many Muslims believe that for the Madhi to return, they have to be under severe persecution and getting killed. I think getting soundly trounced at the Battle of Gog and Magog would certainly qualify. The Anitchrist (their awaited Messiah) would be coming on the scene at precisely the right time to help them rebuild things, and make a false peace with Israel until they can rebuild enough strength to defeat her.

I think when Islam has been defeated in the past, they have always blamed the defeat on not being the right time, or having done something wrong, etc.

The people who were atheists , or agnostics, etc. before the battle of Gog and Magog will be looking for a religion to join. Islam is probably going to be the biggest religion on the planet after we Christians are raptured. I suspect millions of people will go flocking to Islam after the Gog and Magog disaster, just like they did after the 9/11 disaster.

There are currently about 1.5 billion Muslims on the planet and that number is growing at a scary rate. It is true that there are a lot of Muslims coming to Christ, maybe more than at any time in history, but Islam's growth is still out pacing this conversion rate.

In Revelation, when John records his vision of the future Battle of Armageddon, he is astonished by the number of soldiers engaged in battle. If memory serves me correctly, I think it was the army of the Kings of the East (whom most of us assume is China and possibly India) that had the most. John lists their numbers at about 200 million.

If we put this in perspective, Armageddon is the battle to end all battles. It involves all the armies on the planet. Its scope is much larger than the Battle of Gog and Magog. Armageddon will take much longer to setup than the Battle of Gog and Magog.

The account of the battle in Revelation talks about the armies of the east marching across the dried up Euphrates River. This would take a long time to mobilize that many soldiers and equipment.

The account of the Battle of Gog and Magog in Ezekiel seems to indicate that it is much more of a surprise attack on Israel than the Battle of Armageddon. It would take many days to mobilize the troops and equipment for a Battle like Armageddon. I would suggest that the Battle of Gog and Magog, as devastating an assault as it will be, will still be on a smaller scale than Armageddon. You can't have a surprise attack with hundreds of millions of soldiers because of the many days it takes to mobilize.

What is my point? My point is, if Armageddon, which appears by the description in the Bible to be a much larger battle than Gog and Magog, has only 200 million soldiers (still a huge number) on one side, you can expect the number of soldiers involved in Gog and Magog to be much less. Israel's population is only about 6 million people or so. Even a huge number like 60 million soldiers in the armies of Gog and Magog would be enough to completely overwhelm Israel and provide plenty of left over equipment after their defeat for Israel to burn for 7 years.

If we picked a number like 60 million soldiers, which I think is a number that is still way too high, and God wipes out 100% of these armies (some scholars argue that the Bible actually says 85%), and keeping in mind that a large percentage of these soldiers will be Russians and not necessarily Muslims, this will still leave over 1.4 billion Muslims alive on the planet based on today's count.

It is true that Ezekiel seems to indicate that God is going to wipe out significant sections of the countries involved in attacking Israel in addition to the actual armies and there maybe a world wide disaster(s) that accompanies this battle. However, that is still going to leave a huge Muslim population on the planet.

I doubt countries like Malaysia, and Indonesia are going to be involved in the attack on Israel as it is way too far for their armies to travel to be involved in a sudden attack on Israel. Not to mention that you can only fit so many soldiers and equipment around a tiny country like Israel.

4. I think that the remaining Islamic countries are going to be demoralized after their astonishing supernatural defeat at the hands of God. However, if history has taught us one thing, it is that Islamic leaders have a knack for rewriting history to suite themselves.

Look at all the times Israel (or rather God) has kicked their butts over the last 60 years despite overwhelming odds. Islam does not learn its lesson. Their people just become angrier and more determined to drive the people of Israel into the sea. They never learn their lesson.

I think Islam will regroup after the Gog and Magog defeat and get ready for the next round.

5. Jib, you made a comment about the beheading of Jews and Christians not happening until after the Antichrist (Satan) declares himself to be God and demands to be worshiped.

Muslims are already worshiping Satan, they just don't realize it yet. As you know, before Muhammad was "inspired by Allah" to create a new monotheist religion, the Arab people were worshiping many gods. Muhammad kept many of these pagan worship practices that they were already using in his new religion. He just focused them on one new god he called Allah.

The crescent moon that you see plastered all over Islamic nations and at the top of the towers of their mosques was the symbol of the moon god they used to worship. They must have forgotten that little detail. So...in my mind they are still actually worshiping the moon god, who I equate with Satan or at least some other pagan god who might as well be Satan.

I think when the Muslims realize that they have been worshiping Satan at the mid point of the tribulation period when the Antichrist declares he is God, it will be too late for most of them. They will have already been sucked in. What the Antichrist has his followers do to the Jews and Christians at that point forward will not be much different than what many of the Muslim radicals are doing now or wish they had the power to do now.

They will by wiping out the Jews and Christians in the manner that the Quran, if taken literally, already commands them to do.

I have already posted about how it is acceptable in Islam to use deception and whatever is necessary to survive when under persecution or merely to gain wealth. With that background, do you really think most Muslims would stand up to the Antichrist if they have to choose between being killed or helping kill Jews and Christians? I sure don't.

I am sure that God will grant some Muslims mercy and give some of them the courage to stand up to the Antichrist when he declares himself to be God, but I think these people will be few and far between.

Anyways, this post has been much longer than I intended it to be.

I should mention that the above comments are mostly my own and do not necessarily reflect what is contained in Joel Richardson's book.

God Bless,
Harold

Alesia said...

Anne - I'm pretty sure she knows & has already been here!

I think I made a boo-boo. I just scrolled through the posts & do not see where she has posted.

Alesia said...

I just came upon a really good site - by way of Mac's blog.

Defend Your Faith
The site is geared more towards young adults, but I found the "Defend Your Faith Quick Link Section" particularly interesting.

I found it in the links section of:
Christian Answers for the New Age

Thanks Mac!!!

Alesia said...

How cute is this?

Prayer for Mac-N-Cheese

donna said...

Here's Jack Kelley's viewpoint concerning the nationality of the Antichrist: www.gracethrufaith.com

Could The Anti-Christ Come From America?
Ask a Bible Teacher

Q. Hi, I have really enjoyed your website, especially since you have been answering questions from readers.



My question is: Is there any reason why the Anti-Christ has to come from Europe and not possibly America? I know that he will be descended from some part of the old Roman Empire, but when you consider that Americans are descended from just about every ethnic group on Earth, it seems he could just as easily be an American as European or Middle-Eastern. Not that I would want to wish that on anyone, but should we discount that possibility?



A. Technically, the anti-Christ could come from any country that was once part of the Roman Empire. (Daniel 9:26) Some believe that since the Romans had a substantial presence in Great Britain, then all of the British Empire can be included by extension, and that includes the USA, Australia, India, and even Hong Kong. Pretty soon the prophecy becomes so watered down that it's meaningless.



History tells us that the more literal our view of prophecy is, the better, so that would mean he could come from any of those countries that were actually part of the Roman Empire at the time when Jerusalem was finally destroyed in 135 AD. This would include much of Europe including England, all the countries bordering on the Mediterranean up to the southern shores of the Black Sea, Mesopotamia, and a narrow span reaching east to the Caspian Sea across the northwest corner of Iran.

Late Night Lisa said...

Harold,

Good points. There is no doubt in my mind that Islam is Satan inspired.

If anyone knows the details you just mentioned I don't see how they could brush that aside.

The one point in Revelation that can't be ignored is the use of "Beheading".

I think that proves the return of Islam or some combination of New World Order/Islam in the home stretch.

I'm just thankful I won't be here to see it rear it's hidious head.

I can't even fathom what it will be like to live in that judgment period.

Lisa

Alesia said...

I just read that parents are in an uproar because the school's health teacher played the following video to his students:
a Letter from Hell

The teacher was put on unpaid leave for a few weeks, as reprimand. I have to say, this is a pretty scary video to be showing kids, especially if they have not had a religious upbringing.
The teacher probably should have chosen something a little less dramatic, if he felt so compelled to share Jesus with the kids.

Thoughts?

jib said...

Harold

First of all let me explain that I think the one world religion and the religion of Antichrist are two separate faiths and not the same faith at all because they don't occur in the same time frame or span.


There is no doubt in my mind that Islam is Satan inspired. However, since ALL religions are Satan inspired apart from Judaism and Christianity I don't know that it makes it any more or less likely to be the one world religion. It may very well be the religion of the Antichrist before he is indwelt by Satan and may well impact the types of things that he does to enforce things but the main object of worship in the tribulation when the beheadings start is not Mohammad or Allah. the main object of worship will be Antichrist (Satan)-you lose your head because you don't worship him not because you don't become a Muslim. IMO if you are still a Muslim and you continue to worship Allah and not Antichrist I think your head is in as much danger as anyone else. Keep in mind that
the one world religion appears to be BEFORE the Antichrist defiles the temple, BEFORE the indwelling of Satan and BEFORE he mandates that all people worship him as god. The forced conversions don't start until after the above and the beheadings to enforce the worship of Antichrist don't start until AFTER the above. The fact that Muslims behead now is IMO really irrelevant. Since Islam is inspired by Satan it makes sense that he would continue to use the same tools.

Actually I didn't mean to imply that I thought radical Islam would be totally wiped out-I think it will be severely weakened. If as you have said you think that Gog and Magog takes place 3.5 years before the start of the Tribulation, I really don't think that is enough time to build radical Islam up to the point where it would be so much of a threat that the one world religion would be Islam.

I disagree with your take on what will happen with the Muslims after Gog-there are millions turning to Christ now because of visions etc. I think when they see the God of Israel working they will turn from Islam-not all but many of them. The Truth is always greater than any lie that Satan can come up. Quite frankly with all the press of Left Behind and the rampant interest in end times that is going on, the amount of discussion going on now even on TV and the 144000 Jewish evangelists I have come to the conclusion that people choosing Antichrist is not going to be as blind as we seem to think. I absolutely think the vast majority of people who choose the mark of the beast are very much going to be aware of what they are doing. May be not the people in the amazon jungle but let's face it-you could ask just about anyone about the number 666 and they likely could give a reasonable answer as to what it is.

My take on the whole Mahdi thing is that Satan likes to mimic God. It may be used just to further deceive Muslims who don't turn to Christ after Gog and Magog. Keep in mind that really only the Shia sect believe in the 12th Imam or Mahdi. There have been fatwa's by some Muslim clerics against this belief as well so it is not by any means a universal belief in Islam like people want to make it out to be. (just like some Christians don't believe in an actual rapture but are still Christians) Sunnis have a somewhat different eschatology. Dore Gold goes into this in depth in his book about Jerusalem which I highly recommend.

The way I see it
1-Islam might be the personal former religion of the Antichrist
2- in which case he would use things from Islam, both beliefs and practices such as beheading and the Mahdi, to enforce the worship of HIM in the second half of the tribulation BUT
3- since the actual one world religion seems to be only in the first half of the tribulation and the beheadings occur in the second half of the tribulation I still don't see Islam as the one world religion.

jib said...

Alesia

i think it depends on the age and the audience. I found it to be searing and intense more than scary and would not have found it scary even as a high school student. might be a bit much for the under 13 crowd though . did he show this in a public school or a Christian school. if it was a Christian school I have a much bigger problem with the punishment. I view this as more geared to believers than the unsaved and would not use it for the unsaved but would use it to motivate young Christians to be serious about their faith and the consequences there of.

The older I get the more I think about such things though. Will this person who I have been working with who has just died not be in Heaven because I didn't say anything. It is a sobering thought.

Great Grany 5 said...

Alesia, what was the ages of the kids this video (Letter from Hell) was shown to? I watched it and I would never show it to little kids but by the time they are 12 and 13 years old, yes I would! Why? Because whether we like it or not, most kids this age group are already experiencing adult habits and some are living in conditions that we can only call abominable. The suicide rate among this age group is growning all of the time in this area of the country. So is preteen pregnancy. So, yes I would and forego all of the paychecks if even one or two of them are saved.

Do I believe in scaring them into heaven. NO! But I do believe in telling them the truth and I have no time for Political Correctness when it is the vehicle to hell for most of todays youth. I spent many years teaching the age group I am talking about and you would be surprised at the depth most of these young Christians faith. They don't doubt the word of God and if it says they will be beheaded during the tribulation, that is the way it will be! They aren't into theology but they are into faith in God in a big way. I would love to have a bunch of them commenting here at the cave or at Joel's blog. I love them with all my heart, soul and might. They need something, all they have to do is let me know it and it is there. That is the least any of us can do.

Oh, and as for the Mary,(Blood Bought) I let her know back the first of January and she was on the very first blog when everyone gathered in. She gets very busy with Grandkids, I think, but she visits the blogs on a regular basis.

Hope I haven't upset you all with my declaration but hey, we are coming in to the homestretch and I wouldn't want anyone to be left here to live through the hell on earth to follow.

Love you all,
Grany

TexasDave said...

Has anyone been following the internet outage in the Middle East? First 2, now 3 undersea internet cables have been "accidentally" cut in the same week. Now I am reading that Iran now does not have any internet service.

Hmmmmm... US or Israel getting ready for a strike on Iran? Or is this just my creative mind running overtime. One cable is an accident. Two is stretching it, but Three in one week. This is got to be blatant sabotage from someone.

It will be interesting to watch...


TexasDave

Alesia said...

For the life of me, I can not find the article now. (I've been bopping around the net so much - no telling where it was)

Don't know the age of the kids, it was a public school NOT Christian.

I can look at that video, today, as a saved adult, and think it was powerful & searing and makes me want to go out & shout from the rooftops.
But I CAN tell you, when I was a rebellious, know it all, atheist, youth that would have rubbed me every which way wrong! I think when dealing with youth, who have not been brought up Christian, we MUST be cognizant of that fact & change our tactics, lest we become ineffective.
Witnessing to Christian youth - totally different thing!

Alesia said...

TexasDave - Where did you see that at?
Could be the other way too - maybe US or ISRAEL caught wind of terrorist activity & wanted to cut their mode of communication.
Very interesting, please keep us posted.

BTW: No one responded to my question about Ray Comfort's Living Water Ministry. Does anyone have an opinion about him or his ministry? There were a few things on his site that I didn't quite agree with, so would like others feedback, please.

Alf Cengia said...

Alesia, except for the "Chicken" articles, I know little about Ray Comfort. I know of one debate he's had with atheists where I've read mixed reviews. He's certainly not an apologetic heavy like Bill Craig. I actually haven't checked his site out so can't offer an informed opinion yet.

Alesia said...

I thought this video was really moving.
Tortured for Christ

Thanks for trying Mac - I forgot he was the chicken man!

donna said...

I know nothing about Ray Comfort...but am glad to see that folks are questioning and testing what others say.

Late Night Lisa said...

Jib,

Your assessment regarding what exact form of religion/worship is practiced after the Anti-Christ reveals himself sounds logical to me.

It's his own "Satanic Brand."

I really like that "Revelation Files" link. That's something good to share with other believers.

As I was going through some of the "Revelation" passages I stopped at this quote:

"This monster in the guise of a man is the anti-Christ, finally revealing his true nature. Having complete power (10 horns) supernatural wisdom (7 heads) and officially recognized authority over all (10 crowns) he's set to make the world over in his own image, and those whose hearts are focused on the things of Earth are loving it. He's apparently come to power through a botched assassination attempt that's left his right eye blinded and his right arm withered (Zech. 11:17) The world thought he had died, but here he is alive. Rumors of his resurrection add to his aura and are encouraged."

Zech:11:17

Woe to the worthless shepherd, Who leaves the flock! (Anti-Christ) A sword shall be against his arm And against his right eye; His arm shall completely wither, And his right eye shall be totally blinded.

Now in Islam the "Dajal" is Islam's
Anti-Christ.He is suppose to have supernatural powers over the earth.
He will heal like Jesus and deceive many.They think he'll be Jewish.

He's also one eyed:

"Allah is not one-eyed and behold the Dajjal is blind of the right eye and his eye would be like a floating grape."

(But in the Hadith he's blind in the left eye)

So if Islam's Anti-Christ and the Christian's Anti-Christ both have an eye missing and have supernatural powers-What is this telling us?

Joel Richardson compares the Christian's Anti-Christ to Islam's Mahdi and the Christian's False Prophet to the Muslim's Jesus.

The difference is that Christians have Two main end time characters and the Muslims have Three.

So is the additional one really like a "John the Baptist" perhaps?

I'm just thinking out loud- haven't figured it out yet.(And may never-only God knows)

Lisa

donna said...

I spotted this on Rapture Ready. I am bringing up articles from these 2 sites (RR and Jack Kelleys since many folks here have expressed confidence in most of the info from these sites as being "sound":

What We Do Not Know About the Antichrist

Four things we do not know about the antichrist are the subject of much speculation. The first is his nationality. It is not hard to find writers who teach that the antichrist will be a Syrian. The Bible does not say he will come from that ancient nation, but some conclude this through reasoning that usually goes like this: "Antiochus Epiphanes was a type of the antichrist and he was a Syrian. Therefore, the antichrist will be a Syrian." The problem with this kind of reasoning is that it overlooks those individuals of other nationalities who were also a type of the antichrist. Nebuchadnezzar was a type of the antichrist and he was a Chaldean. So why not say the antichrist will be a Chaldean? Adolf Hitler was a type of the antichrist and he was a German. So why not say the antichrist will be a German? The same can be said for Pharoah, an Egyptian. We could go on and on, but the point is that this kind of reasoning does not settle the issue.

The second thing we do not know about the antichrist is whether he will be a Jew or a Gentile. Some say he will be a Jew because the Bible says, "neither shall he regard the God of his fathers" (Daniel 11:37 KJV). Others say he will be a Gentile because this verse has been incorrectly translated and it should read, "He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers" (Daniel 11:37 NIV). If the correct translation is "God," he will come from a monotheistic religion (probably Jewish); if the correct translation is "gods," he will come from a polytheistic religion (probably Gentile).

Then there are those who reason that "The antichrist will be Jewish because the Jews will accept him as their Messiah and they would never accept a Gentile." Or "The antichrist will be Jewish because he will be a counterfeit of Christ and He was a Jew. " The Reverend Jerry Falwell, whose theology is almost always very sound, got in trouble on this one. He believes the antichrist will be a Jew, and he may be right, but the fact is, whether the antichrist will be a Jew or a Gentile is not revealed in the Bible. And those who think he will be are definitely in the minority. Incidentally, one of the complaints against the Reverend Falwell has been that he is anti-Semitic for thinking like this. On the contrary, Falwell has long been one of Israel's strongest supporters and has done much to help the Jewish people.

The third thing we do not know about the antichrist is his name. We know "his number is Six hundred threescore and six," but that is different from his name (Revelation 13:18). Several elaborate systems have been developed in an effort to reveal the name of the antichrist, but they have all been wrong. Some names these systems have come up with are Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini, Henry Kissinger, Ronald Reagan, William 'Bill' Clinton, and several of the Popes. These should be seen for what they are - just wild guesses. Furthermore, trying to identify antichrist is just a waste of time because he will not be revealed until after the rapture (2 Thessalonians 2:1-12). Dr. Ed Hindson concisely stated it when he said:

Only after the rapture of the church will the identity of the antichrist be revealed. In other words, you don't want to know who he is. If you ever do figure out who he is, you have been left behind! This is absolutely true. Nothing is more futile than trying to identify the antichrist before the rapture. Doing so would be an effort to prove the Bible wrong. That has never happened and it is not going to happen now. All anyone does by trying to identify the antichrist before the church is taken out is embarrass himself and bring criticism upon Christians.

Late Night Lisa said...

Donna,

Seems to me the Anti-Christ may be Jewish.

In my former post I was not trying to "Identify" the Anti-Christ per se. Just thinking about the correlation between Christianity and Islam on that matter.

I don't think Joel Richardson brings up the fact that the Chistian Anti-Christ will eventually be one-eyed. (He leaves that part out and just focuses on Islam's one-eyed Anti-Christ-the Dajjal who he links directly to the Christian's real Messiah Jesus Christ. Who I'm sure has both eyes!)

This is really only relevant if you study or are interested in comparing Christian vs Islamic
eschatology.

It's really quite fascinating how Satan used God's Holy Word to weave the deceptive web of Islam.

I'm certain it's truth mixed with lies. We just don't know the percentage. 50/50 or 90/10.

Before 9/11 and becoming close friends with a Muslim-I knew none of it nor had any interest. Just was not on my radar screen.


Lisa

Late Night Lisa said...

Alesia,

I think that "Tortured for Christ" video is too strong for a Public School setting.I agree it was directed at young Christians who were already solid in faith.

I would have done the deed just picked a different message to the class.

Otherwise it does look like your trying to Scare the Christ into them and lay on a guilt trip.

God knows who was going to be written in the book of life before we were even created.

Now out of our love and devotion to Him we naturally want to share the good news of Jesus to all.Of course we would like our Heavenly Father to be proud and say "A job well done!" to us in Heaven. And then we have to battle our doubts and discouragements that life brings us daily. Who/When/Where we should minister to. The reactions we face, the "friends" we loose.

So it's a good reminder to keep up the good fight. But to say that someone went to Hell because we didn't minister to them- It's on our head-I'm not so sure about.

What happened to individual responsibility & the all knowing all seeing power of Jehovah?

I think God calls his Sheep when they're ready and uses whoever is willing or whatever cicumstances will get their attention. If he doesn't use you or I then it will be someone else for the task.

That's not an excuse not to do anything because we are comissioned to follow Jesus example and we should minister especially to those we have a relationship with. If your truly at one with Christ it's hard Not to speak out. It's always that four letter word that stops me at times.

FEAR

Any other thoughts on this topic?

We are responsible for others salvation? or are we merely the tools God uses if willing?

Lisa

GT said...

Lisa;
you said; I think God calls his Sheep when they're ready and uses whoever is willing or whatever cicumstances will get their attention. If he doesn't use you or I then it will be someone else for the task.

I agree absolutely, it is His timing and His working thru others that brings us to Him. As Paul said, one plants, another waters, but it is God who harvests. God is the one responsible for bringing anyone to Himself, we are just witnesses. For all have gone their own way

"There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands,
no one who seeks God".

Without the spirit's conviction calling and understanding of Jesus' work on the cross, no one comes to the Father. It is God's work so no one can boast.

God Bless!

Alf Cengia said...

Finally I’m getting around to reading some of the comments!

Alesia - re the “Letter from Hell”,

Someone recently posted that at the OL and I only got half way through before I stopped viewing it. Yes, I know Jesus talked more about Hell and Heaven in the Gospels. The fact is if you could be sure that showing this video was going to save someone, then by all means! But I don’t feel comfortable with this sort of witnessing and, like you, when I was wayward, my reaction to such a video would have been diametrically opposite to what the video intended. God saved me in His own way and time.

I think I mentioned before that I personally witnessed an atheist coming to Christ on the OL. Some of the members were badgering him with the Hell thing and questioning atheists’ true motivations etc. I will never forget the tension at the time. There was a palpable spiritual battle going on. Some of us, led by a very gracious and loving lady, assured him that he should keep praying to God and trusting that He would answer the prayers regarding his doubts. One of the major issues this person had was with the concept of Hell and why a good God, if he existed, would send someone there. The thread ended that day with everyone lovingly supporting him and praying for him and he thanked us. The very next morning he posted an announcement that he had prayed to God and accepted the Lord as his saviour - this, despite the fact that for most of his life he has battling all sorts of physical problems, including schizophrenia. And he remains steadfast today. In his case, that video would not have worked and would have actually reinforced his position.

Alf Cengia said...

Alesia, you're absolutely right about that Defend your Faith site. I hadn't seen it before. It might actually be a good idea to link it on its own.

campsmore said...

I'll be gone for a week. I'm heading to NE Georgia for my brother's wedding.

Everyone keep behaving and mommy dearest will bring you a nice treat.

love ya's

Alesia said...

Lori,
Have a great trip, relax & have fun!!

jib said...

I would not use either of the videos with a non christian audience either-Christians on the other hand I think are fair game after about age 13 or so.

TexasDave said...

Alesia,

I read the blurb at Slashdot.org here is the link to the story:

Some of the blogged comments are interesting.
http://hardware.slashdot.org/hardware/08/02/01/1912220.shtml

The story was also mentioned on CNN.com, minus the Iran bit:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/02/01/internet.outage/index.html


TexasDave

missy in africa said...

Great posts and discussion!
My take on understanding this season – the end times: God loves us and He loves the souls of men! He wants us to be prepared to meet our Savior and not be caught off guard. If we are fully persuaded that Hell is real and the fast approaching Tribulation is real we will labor while we can as “night is coming when no one can labor.” Think about that. People will be coming to Christ during the Tribulation but now is the time to rescue as many as will hear the Good News, and the warning that goes with it.
God has given us the awesome responsibility to get the Word out:

2 Cor 5:18-20 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: …

This ministry of reconciliation is more than a labor of love! We are stewards and we will give an account of our stewardship one day soon!

Prov 11:9 With his mouth the godless man would destroy his neighbor, but by knowledge the righteous are delivered. (RSV)

Prov 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish…(KJV)

***

Also, I read this article on WND today about the Egyptian judge ruling against the Christian convert. And then of course, there is all the bending over backwards at the UN, in Europe and in America in favor of understanding and kowtowing to Islam. It is irrational and lopsided and certainly unhealthy for the citizens of the free world. There has to be a bigger picture and of course there is. That is why when I read the various posted scenarios about Islam being the Tribulation religion – at least initially, there is weight to that argument.
What about God using them to judge the ungodly? This has been a thought in my mind lately as I read the OT scriptures about God using His enemies to judge nations. What I am getting at is – rather than a dominating role in the Tribulation (like the world religion) maybe God will use them to fulfill certain aspects of the Tribulation. I am thinking here like the Magog war or the Red Horse with the great sword in Revelations 6:4.
I suppose this isn’t new speculation.

Anyway… I better post this before the power goes out again!

Missy

Alesia said...

Church sign Jokes

1) The best vitamin for a Christian is B1
2) Under same management for over 2000 years
3) Try Jesus. If you don't like Him, the devil will always take you back
4) Soul food served here
5) You can give without loving but you cannot love without giving
6) Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive
7) Reputation is what people think about you. Character is what people know you are
8) Don't give up. Moses was once a basket case!
9) Come early for a good Back seat
10) Seven days without prayer makes one weak
11) No Jesus - no peace, Know Jesus - know peace!
12) Worry is interest paid on trouble before it is due
13) Free Trip to heaven. Details Inside!
14) Try our Sundays. They are better than Baskin-Robbins.
15) Searching for a new look? Have your faith lifted here!
16) An ad for a Church has a picture of two hands holding stone tablets on which the Ten Commandments are inscribed and a headline that reads, "For fast, fast, fast relief, take two tablets.
17) When the restaurant next to the Church put out a big sign that said, "Open Sundays," the church reciprocated with its own message: "We are open on Sundays, too."
18) Have trouble sleeping? We have sermons -- come hear one!
19) Come in and pray today. Beat 20) Sign broken. Message inside this Sunday.
21) Come work for the Lord. The work is hard, the hours are long and the pay is low. But the retirement benefits are out of this world.
22) If you're headed in the wrong direction, God allows U-turns.

Alesia said...

Notes From God

This whole site is cracking me up! I mean side-splitting, eyes leaking, runny nose, animals running for cover from the maniacal bursts of laughter.
You have to check it out!

Alf Cengia said...

17) Have You Read My #1 Best Seller? There Will Be A Test! - God

I like that!

Alesia said...

I feel like I just hit the jackpot!
Lambert Dolphin's Web Links
(funny thing - I've had this link for some time - didn't know how fantastic it was)

I may never sleep, eat, go to work or clean my house again!

Alf Cengia said...

Alesia, jackpot is a good way to express it. I felt exactly the same way when I stumbled across Lambert's site in 2001. It was his links that led me to Koinonia House, Christian Thinktank etc, etc, etc...

Lambert is also gracious enough to answer e-mail questions!

Alesia said...

Now you tell me ;)

It's 3:35 am here & I haven't moved in hours! ~Good stuff~

Alesia said...

OH and Grany Wilma - You fill me with joy & happiness.
I am so thankful to the Lord for letting me know you!

campsmore said...

Alesia,

I saw this one.....

"7 days without prayer makes one weak"

Late Night Lisa said...

FYI

Did you know that "Lionheart" made it to the US?

I guess he's practically homeless.

Lionheart


Lisa

Alesia said...

Lisa - Lionheart has been here since before Christmas & before knowing they wanted to arrest him.

For those of you who don't know Lionheart:
He's from Britain & there is a "warrant" out for him there because of material he has posted on his blog. He is expected to appear back in Britain on 2/18, they will not specifically tell him anything - only that he is wanted on suspicion of racial hatred from his blog.

It is a Christian blog but he speaks out against islam alot

jib said...

gee alesia

thanks a lot. as if I don't spend enough time on the computer you have to give me another link to explore. I am on overload. so much to read and so little time. it's a cryin shame I have to work !

Alesia said...

LOL Jib
I KNOW, I was up until 5:30am, just now rolled out of bed!

That site has awesome links, I felt like a kid in a candy store.

I've had that site listed on my blog for some time. I was checking all my links (to make sure they worked) & got totally engrossed.

I need to step away from the computer now, if I have any hope of cleaning my house today!

Late Night Lisa said...

LionheartUpdate

The above link is fairly recent news on what Lionheart is up against. I don't think he wants to return to the UK at the moment.

He certainly fits what the Pastor spoke about today. And that is Christians having "Virtue."

Also take a look at the Utube video interview on his blog site.

jib said...

I got particularly stuck on the preflood site of ancient relics in the wrong time or something like that. for those of you who are looking into things like the nephilim you really need to go to this site. it will just floor you.

I also found the Cohen/Levi site very fascinating. they have a whole thing on exact clothing and duties of the priests and the levites.

Alf Cengia said...

The Power of His Presence
Daily Devotions
From the Writings of Ray Stedman

The Restless Life
February 3rd
READ: Ecclesiastes 1:8-18
All things are wearisome, more than one can say. The eye never has enough of seeing, nor the ear its fill of hearing (Ecclesiastes 1:8).

Solomon's thesis here is, "All things are restless." He has observed that there is an inherent restlessness in everything. In fact, it is so widespread that no one can possibly describe all the restlessness of life.

He has two proofs for this. First, human desire is never satisfied: "The eye never has enough of seeing." When my wife's mother was ninety-five years old, she was just a shell of a person, but her mind was still sharp and clear. One day she was in our home, and somebody mentioned a far-off place. Immediately she said, "Oh, I wish I could see that." Despite her years, the eye was not tired of seeing; it longed yet to see other places, other realms, and other customs. The eye is never satisfied.

Nor is the ear ever satisfied with hearing. We are always alert to some new idea or something new that has happened. That is why news programs are always popular. Television, radio, and newspapers all cater to the ear's hunger to hear something. Some juicy gossip about a Hollywood star will sell thousands of magazines and newspapers. Some new way of making a profit always makes its appeal. The Searcher's argument is that the ear never tires because human desire is never satisfied; it is a consequence of the restlessness that is built into life.

But, second, he says, even though we long to see or hear something new, nothing new ever really shows up. Life is a rehash of what has happened before; it is the old played over and over again. This too is a result of the restlessness that is built into life. Although something looks new to us, actually, "There is nothing new under the sun."

So the question is raised, "Is this all life is about?" Is it merely an empty pursuit of that which never satisfies? Can no breakthrough be made whereby something can be found that will continually meet the hunger of the human heart, to give an unending sense of delight, satisfaction, and joy? That is the search.

Lord, my heart is restless until it finds its rest in You. Thank You that in You all things are made new!

jim.carroll said...

JIB, Shalom! What web sites are you talking about?

Jen said...

Hi all,
There's a story on Foxnews.com about a girl who was sent from Pakistan to the UK to wed a "rich older" man, but turned out the man was mentally disabled and unemployed. The mother-in-law then sent the new bride (15 years old)out to be a prostitute, but fortunately she escaped to a women's shelter. Fits exactly what the info on Lionheart's site that Lisa provided was reporting.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327936,00.html

Praying that this story will start getting the attention it needs and people will start hearing the message that comes with it....

Blessings,
Jen

Jen said...

There's another story about female Muslim medical personnel (in the UK) refusing to follow sterilization standards of rolling up clothing/washing hands/arms up to the elbow because it's considered immodest to show that much skin.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327938,00.html

Again, praying people will start to take note of how a snowflake can start an avalanche.

Blessings,
Jen

jib said...

Jim

the lambert dolphin link that Alesia posted earlier is a veritable smorgasboard of links and I went into brain lock trying to figure out which ones to look at. the out of place artifact site
out of place artifacts
caught my eye and for those of you who are reading about the nephilim you will find this site especially fascinating as they seem to identify some really strange artifacts which date to what we would call preflood and they are highly technical etc.

the levi/cohen website is
The Tribe

and so many others which I am itching to read I just don't have the time. I read most of the Levi/Cohen site but only skimmed the first 8 pages of the other (I think it's over 20 pages long)

happy reading

Late Night Lisa said...

More on Islam's plans to take Europe over:


EuroIslam

campsmore said...

she quietly steals into the cave, lurking in the shadows waiting for just the right moment....alesia notices the new plate of cookies and quickly spins around only to find the vase of flowers nearly spilling to the ground... whoever that was, is stealth...and gone.

Alesia said...

Hey - why do I have to be the one to notice the cookies? What are you trying to insinuate, Missy?
~fit of giggles~

Aren't you supposed to be off at your brother's wedding? Are you sneaking on someones computer?

BTW: The cookies are delicious - thanks! (but what I really wanted was a piece of wedding cake!)

TexanForChrist said...

Hyde has a new post