Do not fear! Stand by and see the salvation of the Lord which He will accomplish for you today... The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent." (Ex. 14:13-14)
"The Lord your Lord, who goes before you, will Himself fight on your behalf...." (Deut. 1:30)
"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord our God is the One who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6)
"When you go out to battle against our enemies and see horses and chariots and people more numerous than you, do not be afraid of them; for the Lord your God... is with you... [and] goes before you to fight for you against your enemies to save you." (Deut. 20:1, 4)
"Behold, I am going to send an angel before you to guard you along the way, and to bring you to the place which I have prepared. Be on your guard before him and obey his voice... then I will be an enemy to our enemies...." (Ex. 23:20-22)
"Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Josh. 1:9)
154 comments:
Our Role In These Evil Days
No. 2?
Thanks Lisa, so very true but not just in the USA! It is happening in countries everywhere. God is being pushed out and values are dropping constaintly. A great persecution will follow so we need to keep our armour on and keep looking up!
Praying for Jim's healing and restoration today...
Jim G, Praying for you... There are a few things you can do.
1. Buy a NetiPot from Walmart. It costs $15 and comes with 50 pkts of powder, also buy distilled water. Put water in pot, microwave for 20 seconds, add powder, put on lid, shake (put fingers over holes), and carefully place up to nostril, allow half of liquid to flow thru sinus, do other side with remainder. This sounds terribly uncomfortable, and as much as I cannot stand water in my nose, I can tolerate it. Do not swallow while you're doing this... It's gross. Also, keep breathing out of your mouth.
2. Buy apple cider vinegar. Put 1 tsp in a glass of water, gargle throughout the day as you think of it. (I got rid of strep throat during a pregnancy this way. I was not about to take anti-biotics)
3. Mix lemon and honey in small container, keep in frig for sore throats.
4. Preventative: Neti Pot and also, put toothbrushes in dishwasher at least once a week.
5. Search out the scriptures on healing, begin with Ps 103.
These are very inexpensive ways to remove the gunk that tries to fester infection.
I almost forgot about the ears. My mom used to put warm olive oil in my ears. I was one day away from having tubes put in my son's ears. He was 2 and kept having ear infections. Mom reminded me of how she treated ear pain/infections. I began to do this and all his ear problems disappeared. The doctors are mad at me... still to this day. "You think you know more than me." waah, wahh, wahhhh!
I'm not always right, but there are some tried and true ways to attack these things. Oh, and while I'm on a roll, I don't care what the studies say about the properties of "Airborne," that stuff works, if you take it at first exposure.
(If you think I'm bad, my 21 yr old can talk for hours on the healing properties of basil!) LOL
it's nice to be reminded of God's promises
viral strep throats it doesn't matter if you take antibiotics-it doesn't work. bacterial infections on the other hand can be quite bad-kidney failure, valvular heart disease,scarlet fever not to mention transmissible to other people. just be cautious.
Hope you feel better, Jim
I second the warm garlic oil w/ olive oil. It has elminated the need for any antibiotics for kids' ear infections in our house. Wish I had known about that when I was a kid. It takes away the pain in a couple of minutes.
Couple other things that have helped us:
Vitamin D helps your immune system.
Elderberry helps reduce length of colds/flu.
fyi
I agree with the Neti pot if you can figure out how to use it without drowining or choking to death
current recommendations by Pediatric society-most kid's ear infections should NOT be treated with antibiotics.
Jib, I agree with that, with a caveat: The first time I used a Neti pot, I had my head tilted to one side as per the instructions, yet the solution insisted on going down my throat. It didn't matter which nostril I used or which side my head was tilted. Turned out that after decades of sinus infections I had developed nasal polyps. After those were removed (and after waiting to make sure everything was healed) I had no problems rinsing out my nose.
<><
maybe that's why I also couldn't get it to work.
JIM G.
Adding my prayers for your healing with all of the others. You take all of these suggestions and use them. IF you aren't well in a couple of days, we can all hop on a plane, come to where you are and lay hands on ya! In the meantime, my hands are stretched out in prayers for your swift and SUDDENLY healing.
We are all of the Family and keeping each and everyone in my daily prayers from this day on. That we are living daily in the shadow of the Almighty and we will say, He is my Shield and Buckler. No manner of evil can have an opening through which to attack our bodies, minds or right standing with Jehovah. We are the righteousness in Christ Jesus and he is our ever present hope in times of trouble. We shall not be dismayed or the victims of a sneak attack. In His hands I commit myself and all of my family. We shall not be ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ and no weapon that is attempted to be used against us shall prosper or bring down the Lord's redeemed.
Remember, greater is HE (Holy Spirit) that is in us than he (Evil one) that is in the world. That is why no weapon that is formed against you will stand.
Now, go out and spread the word and beauty of Jesus Christ and what he did on the cross.
Grany
Wow! Thank you so much for those wonderful and powerful words, Grany!
Amen!!!!!!!
I have a feverish 18 yr old here who's throwing up... aye, aye, aye.
gingerale, pretzels? saltines?
Send me your best suggestions! (I already prayed, so you can agree with me if you will)
Yes, Yes, I agree about the strep infection. Bacterial Strep can be nasty. My 4 year old had scarlet fever from it a few months ago. The sore throat may go away but you run the risk of rhumatic fever (which damages organs) if left untreated. I reveived a shot of penicillin and two of my kids are on amoxicillin right now for it. Strep is not to be messed with.
I do not think that I could do the neti pot!
Hope you are feeling better today Jim g.
From the New Age to Amazing Grace Good info on what is termed "New Light Leaders".
Received word that the info about the bogus ark wasn't supposed to be leaked out to the general public, per the author. So, now that it has appeared on our Cave, the toothpaste is out of the tube so to speak.
I really hate it that I posted the info not knowing it was to a limited group but I knew the hype that would come along with the release of the finding. In fact, I had read about the supposed ark being found by the joint effort a couple of days before the one came refuting the claim. So, I apologize for my indiscretion. Now, do I do 100 Hell Marys or just keep silence. The last one is a no brainer.
Lisa,
One reason I don't grab onto new stuff very much. Feathers, gold dust, oinking like pigs, you get the picture. But I do know that reading that article makes me very aware that there are quite a few wolves out there dressed funny. Not ho ho funny, either.
Reminds me of "This Present Darkness" novel that I read back in 1990. Scary things going on and we have to be prayed up, dressed up in our armor and have our helmets on securely.
Gotta go get my polished.
Thank you all for praying for me. I was feeling very poorly and felt like I was getting worse by the hour when I posted my prayer request. I could sense that I really needed to rest but it was difficult to do that with the pain I was experiencing from the earache that had set in.
Well, no suprise but within an hour of posting my prayer request on the cave wall, it began to leave my body very quickly. I was able to sleep well last night. I though for sure that I would have to call in sick today for work but was able to go and work a full day just fine. I still have a little bit of congestion and a very slight sore throat but I know where to give credit for the relief and healing I've already experienced. The Lord!!!
Thankyou all so much for praying for me. It really meant much to know that prayers of righteous people were going up on my behalf. You all know what the Scripture says about the prayers of the righteous.
Thank you too for all the great advice. Your wisdom and insight is always welcome and appreciated (especially those of you who God has raised up and trained in the medical field).
Just reading those NetiPot instructions made me suddenly feel all well. No need for that particular medicine treatment.
Anyway, I know skeptics would say that I would have gotten better whether people were praying or not. The timing was amazing though. Like I said, this has been dragging on a while and it really took a drastic turn for the worse shortly before I posted the prayer request.
All good things are from the Lord! I don't care whether thay are natural or supernatural. He is Lord of all. When I am well, it's because it's working the way my Father and Creator designed it to.
Lori, tell your 18 year old that I'm praying for him (or is it her?).
Lori, praying for your 18 yr old.
Jim G, glad you're better.
Alesia needs some prayer for healing as well - sore neck, headaches etc. Please pray for her.
As for the NetiPot - I did that once and what a head rush! Oi.
I received a message from a blogger yesterday that I should have communion with my son. We did it immediately...
We took communion together. He held it down. Shortly after he began to drink, he hadn't held anything down for several hours. Within the hour he held down ginger ale and IBprophen. Within another hour, 1/4 banana. Another hour, bowl of chicken & gravy over rice and an entire row of saltines. I went to bed around 11:30pm and he had also downed the entire 2 liter of ginger ale and had no fever.
We will take communion again this morning.
BTW: Addison has a very important audition tonight that he absolutely cannot miss.
God is good, His words are true.
Thanks for all your prayers
Lori, That's interesting. I have the book "The Meal that Heals" by Perry Stone.
It's all about how Communion actually heals us- body & soul.
Some Christian bloggers have really given him a bad rap for that book & think it's false teaching or off track at best.
Although I wouldn't take communion daily (as he suggests) I believe the premise is "literally" true & now if went to visit a sick person or was restricted to home fellowships I wouldn't be hesitant to practice communion w/o being in a "Church" setting.
Addison is feeling so much better this morning.. thanks for your prayer. He ate toast/jam and a large glass of gingerale.
if he is still a little queasy he might try those red and white swirled hard peppermint candies or as odd as it sounds lemon drops/lemon heads. I lived on both of them while pregnant-they were the only thing that killed the nausea so I could eat or drink anything.
on another praise front
our friend Michele has responded very well to her brain shunt-she woke up this morning, demanded to know what was going on and demanded that they call John (who's heart nearly stopped after all early morning phone calls from the hospital tend not to be a good thing) and they talked for 20 minutes on the phone. This is the clearest she has been since this all started several weeks ago. Thank you for all your prayers.
as to communion at home
our church actively takes communion to any of our home bound members anytime. The deacons are usually the ones who take it out to them, Dennis and I have declined so far. He's not a huge people person and is reserved and I don't have the time.
I've also found that the Stone Ground Wheat thins are better than saltines.
glad he is recovering so well. there is a really nasty gi bug going around and it hits people differently
Tom Tomasella
The Return of Jesus Christ – This is said to be the most prevalent doctrine in all the NT. Amazingly, we seldom hear this mentioned, even in passing, much less deliberately taught from the Holy Scriptures as a cardinal doctrine, with appropriate time being dedicated to such a vital truth and the very hope of the believer (Tit. 2:13; Lk. 21:34-36; Heb. 9:28; 1 Thess. 4:16-18, etc.).
The wolf wants his audience to look to him as he uses them to build his own earthly kingdom. Because of this, he ignores and does not speak of the soon and eminent return of Jesus which would take the affections and allegiance of his audience away from him. He minds earthly things and his god is his own belly and this is why he refuses to speak of the eminent return of the Son of God.
This insidious omission is in direct contrast to what the LORD Jesus Christ and His apostles constantly spoke of. The soon return of the Son of God and the need to “Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.” (Lk. 12:40)
The doctrine of Christ’s soon return is an ultra important and essential component of NT apostolic teaching and anyone in leadership not constantly teaching this, is false. Be sure that if a man is not speaking often the return of Christ, it is because he himself is not looking and ready for His return (Heb. 9:28; 1 Jn. 3:3).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength..." Isaiah 30:15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same veil untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which veil is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.” 2 Corinthians 3:14-16
2 Corinthians 3:14-16 reveals to us that when we choose to turn our hearts (inward affections) to Him, He removes the veil that has blinded and held us back from seeing, understanding, and knowing Him, the only thing for which we are to rejoice (Jer. 9:23-24). Any pastor or so-called “Christian” leader who is not preaching and teaching his audience to repent of all forms of idolatry and turn their heart affections to Jesus Christ, and that they must know Him or all else is vain, is a wolf (Ezek. 18:30).
These are the very ravenous beguilers whom Paul said were “not holding the Head” (Jesus) and minding earthly things (Phil. 3:18-19; Col. 2:18-19). Their “end is destruction” and so shall eternal damnation be the reward of all who allowed these wolves to mislead them (Phil. 3:18-19; 2 Pet. 2:1-4). Paul the apostle set this truth forth – that paramount truth of knowing Jesus – vigorously and as the whole driving and deliberate thrust of his life and existence and the mark toward which he unrelentingly pressed (1 Cor. 2:2; 2 Cor. 4:5; Gal. 6:14; Phil. 3:7-14).
One stated reason he did this was so that he would not in the end be found having his “own righteousness” but rather Christ’s (Phil. 3:9).
Cont...
When we are not preaching Christ crucified and determining not to know anything among God’s people except Jesus Christ, we are not following the apostolic example and are not upholding “the Head,” and by default, and in some cases intentionally fostering an illicit affection in our audience toward ourselves and our ministries or our products and paraphernalia (1 Cor. 1:23; Col. 2:8-9, 18-19; 2 Pet. 2:1-3).
All ministry being done today is only as valid as it rightly elevates by preaching and teaching the LORD and Savior – the nail-scarred and matchless Messiah – Jesus Christ. Any “ministry” being done that does not make Him known, it utterly futile and false.
Father in Heaven, in Jesus’ precious name, please break us to the core of our being! How shall men turn their hearts from “the lust of other things” and “earthly things” if Heaven’s King of all kings is not being set forth before them? – “O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently (clearly) set forth, crucified among you?” (Gal. 3:1)
What happens when the heart of a person turns to the LORD?
“Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with open (unveiled) face beholding as in a glass (mirror in order to see the reflection) the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.” 2 Corinthians 3:17-18
Latest insanity....
Animals Need Privacy Too
Addison could use a prayer, he is currently at the biggest audition of his life right now.
I know this subject was discussed in the past; I thought you might be interested in a Catholic view of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit:
Holy Spirit's charismatic gifts
<><
This sort of freaked me out. Around April 1st is when I wrote the latest blog article & this is the same subject I was feeling the Lord stirring me up about. Of course this is written a whole lot better then how I express thoughts in writing. (And I'm not one for writing up a blog page unless something is really coming to mind. As you can tell they are few & far between.)
STANLEY FRODSHAM-1965 PROPHECY
awesome deal from Frucht on some of his stuff
$200 worth of teachings for $35 I recommend this just based on the fact that the Life of the Messiah from a Jewish Perspective is in there. We are listening to it and it is quite interesting. e.g. the discourse on the narrow door may not mean what we think it means. the Pharisees taught that because the Jews were Jews that automatically gave them entry into heaven and the Messianic kingdom of a future day. Christ taught that the way was much narrower than that-they couldn't rely on their ethnicity they had to believe in Him. this directly gets to the heart of what Paul teaches in Roman that circumcision of the flesh is insufficient and that what is more important is circumcision of the heart.
Is there any truth in that a nuclear detonation could clean up an oil spill? Wouldn't one be just as bad if not worse than the other?
Lisa, yes. And it is possible to use an axe to kill the fly on the baby's head. You just have to be very, VERY careful.
<><
or a 12 gauge shotgun to rid your dog of fleas.
Lisa,
There is a HUGE virus attached to the link about the oil rigs that you just posted.
Do not click on it. My anti virus just went crazy.
I would love to see the article without all the little minions attached to it.
Grace
That article sent two of my computers nutso! So I copied the article, dropped it into my online publisher. You would not begin to believe the "coding" in it! Some was obvious, you know, the underlined and highlighted, but besides that... every single apostrophe, quote and more had coding attached to it.
If anyone here would like a clean copy, drop me a line and I'll send you text only, no links, no fooling around.
BTW: if you did click on the link, it's a good idea to reboot your computer and allow your firewalls/virus scans to run again... that's what I had to do.
You would think that some day I would become computer savvy!
An apostrophe or a quote can have "coding" attached to it?
Maybe I should have stayed in computer class in college. Back then the only thing we had was DOS & it was beyond boring- learning the computer codes.
I would have stuck w/it except that the professor wanted to take me out to "Dinner". Yeah, sure- so I dropped the class.
Lisa,
May I suggest you delete your comment with the hazardous link.
Lisa, it's not that the apostrophe or quote has coding "attached" to it. A web page is really a computer program. Your browser runs the program and displays the result. The programs can run both ways, i.e., the web page can command your PC to give information, usually stuff like what browser you're using; and the page can command your computer to store information. That's what we call a cookie.
What's happening is that in the computer program that tells the browser how to display the web page, was a "hidden" program that was trying to command your browser to download information. The actual lines of code were placed in specific areas of the text to make them more difficult to detect.
<><
I've run into problems with 2 article now from that particular site. This time, my computer just quarratined it. Last time (a month or so ago), a virus began to download. Def. a site to avoid.
Lisa, I've taken the precaution to delete the suspect link as per Jim G's suggestion. Just in case.
you know, I think Hal Lindsey in one of his books ID's one of the players in the EZ 38 war as Germany. most say that the sons of Gomer are Turkey these days.
Germany emerging as a world player again and has special relationship with Russia
these are 2 countries which have slaughtered millions of Jews between the two of them. While I don't doubt Turkey is part of the EZ 38 coalition don't count out a country like Germany joining in. The devastation that is predicted to rain down on the coalition nations might be considered by some a fit punishment for the death camps of WW2. Further if Germany is this powerful they will need to be less powerful just as the US will need to be less powerful
Thanks Hyde, I don't know how to delete my posts either.
The News is ready.
10. Major powers to propose ban on WMD in Middle East
41. US to unveil size of nuclear stockpile
Recall of 43 child and infant liquid formulations of Tylenol, Motrin, Zyrtec and Benadryl
Lisa,
There should be a little trashcan icon at the bottom of your post (that only appears on your computer since you typed it.) Click on that and the post will delete. :-)
Jen, Oh I never even noticed that before- what a dunce!!!
Mind Control Theories and Techniques used by Mass Media
1. Israel Journal: A land without borders
2. Israel's FM in Macedonia
3. Israel PM briefs Egyptian leader on peace plans
4. Jordan River to run dry by next year Job 40:23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.
5. Turkish FM: No military drills with Israel in case of continuing tension
6. Turkey says its efforts not aimed at advocating Iran
7. Peres says NKorea smuggling arms into Iran
8. Top Iranian official rules out nuclear swap in West
9. Iran must choose sanctions or cooperation "EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana, who has led Western negotiating efforts with Iran, said he had yet to see the proposals. "Let's see when we see it."
10. Ahmadinejad, Clinton face off at UN nuclear meeting
11. UN's Ban says 'onus' on Iran to dispel suspicions
12. Delegates walk out as Ahmadinejad addresses UN "The delegates from the United States, Britain, France, Hungary, New Zealand and the Netherlands left the room at the start of the Iranian president's address Monday."
13. Iran: Holding nothing back
14. Iran, Syria, Turkey cementing ties "It was also announced during the visit that Iran and Syria are seriously considering the formation of a regional economic bloc, with Turkey and Iraq as their key partners."
15. Relations between Azerbaijan and Iran are developing successfully
16. Obama administration lifts bar on arms to Israel
And lots going on with journalists world wide and Russia at Off The Wall News
The Bryan Reynolds Band: We are happy to announce our new drummer who will be touring with us this summer: Addison West Parris !!
Thanks for your prayers, God IS good ALL the time!
Lori,
That sounds really neat. Congrats to your son!
This video gave me pause though...
Links on "The Bryan Reynolds Band"
My son found this ridiculous video, he sometimes watches online videos of "failed" commercials. I didn't realize he posted it though, probably not the wisest thing to do.
The video is gone now.
Diana, You probably already know this, but Brant is debuting his new band May 22 (at my daughter's church), his band's name, Plum Tuckered.
You're a good mom, Lori.
I figured he might need a little gentle nudge from his mom. If he's going to be in the spotlight, remind him that everything he posts on the internet or e-mails to anyone may eventually be seen by everyone! Good lesson to learn early on.
By the way, my son Daniel who is 3 and a half loves the drums. When did Addison take his first lessons (or is he self-taught)?
WSJ Opinion piece by Brett Stephens: The NPT Illusion
These are strange days for New York City's finest. Over the weekend, they deployed in force to find the terrorist who tried to bomb Times Square. Yesterday, they deployed in force to protect the terrorist who is president of Iran. One of these guys works in propane, fireworks and gasoline; the other guy in enriched uranium, polonium triggers and ballistic missiles.
That other guy—the one who didn't roll into town in a Pathfinder—was in Manhattan to unload on this month's U.N. review conference of the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty. And unload he did: on the Truman administration, on the Obama administration, on "the Zionist regime," on U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon, on the NPT itself. For all this, Iran is still considered a member in good standing of the treaty, entitled to its seat at the International Atomic Energy Agency and its right to the nuclear reactors.
JIm G, that was a good lesson on sensitivity for him. It might be funny to some, but not to someone who's a victim of a brutal crime.
When Addison was 5 we spent about $50 on a cheap set of drums from Sears catalog, to test the waters. He had been drumming since before he was born and I have witnesses! lol When I was pregnant with him and listened to music, I could feel banging to the beat. I showed my husband and other family members by putting their hand on my belly and they would all say, "how are you doing that?" I told them I wasn't and I was probably going to give birth to a drummer. As an infant, and in his baby seat, he would tap on the seat to the beat. By the time he was 3 he would make us save all our McDonald's cups and set them up like a drum set including lids as cymbals and then proceed to do drum rolls.
His dad and I are not proficient in any instrument and neither of us had lessons of any type, so we cannot take credit.
He destroyed the little drum set before his next birthday, so we bought him a jr professional set (which we still have... in the attic). By the time he was about 8 we started inquiring about lessons. We took him to a music store chain which had lessons. The drum teacher, as we would find out down the line, was well known in Venezuela. Next came the big set, which we've continued to add to piece by piece.
10 years and several drum-head sets later, he has a decent set up. Our last purchase was a 16" djembe. This is not an inexpensive hobby and Addison has been very happy to get the drum pieces for gifts and also by saving his money. His next big purchase will probably be another floor tom.
I think it would've been cheaper to steer him to violin. His older brother plays classical piano... but that's another story for another day.
Lori,
That is a cute story about how Addison started up with the drums!Keeping beat on your stomach, how sweet. :) I love it when a kid has something that they excell at, that is truly "theirs". One of my daughters excells at saxaphone and electric guitar. The other daughter is a beautiful singer. Now, to help my little boys along... one already has a love of sports.
Yea, I heard about Brant's band, I love the name! The last one he was in was called "Farewell to Juliet" and it was years ago. Brant is very talented
News is up.
#37. 37.Hoax of the day: The Deeptwater Horizon was destroyed by a NKorean mini-sub
Big news here is that a local high school football coach was fired due to his Christian faith. The students say he never tried to proselytize them but the school says otherwise. what should a Christian do in this situation?
I think first he needs to decide if that job is worth fighting for. If so, he might contact the American Center for Law and Justice and see what they suggest. "The ACLJ is specifically dedicated to the ideal that religious freedom and freedom of speech are inalienable, God-given rights."
Also, a street preacher (Baptist pastor) in the UK was arrested this week for expressing his belief that hmsxlty is a sin during a conversation with a woman. The arresting officer is hmsxl and a 'liason' on the LGBT commission. Current law should acquit him, but that could change quickly with a new gov coming to power.
It's ramping up. Good thing Romans 5:20 is in play!
Good reminder from Pastor Dan Downey (a friend on FB)....
"When the pressure is on, put pressure on the Word, which in turn puts pressure on the devil. The early church expanded due to pressure - instead of running from God, they ran to Him in their need and began to expect His precious promises more than they ever had. This same truth is happening today in countries that have banned Christianity - Jesus is showing up anyway!"
Psssssssst. How is everyone?
fine. getting ready to batten down the hatches for the night. we always sleep with the house alarm on, all windows and doors locked. I always check on our son after the alarm is set. btw the shooting of the deputy that occurred this last weekend was about 20 miles from our house and then there were a bunch of lights, and perhaps gunshots in the park right behind our house that same night. the park is known as a drug deal haven etc. not safe at night at all
Lord Save Us From Your Followers Someone from L.A.'s site saw this on Netflix last night- it's a movement/propaganda against Christians.
I'm still trying to figure out what this Dan Merchant guy is trying to accomplish.
If he is a ecumenical guy or what.
He says he's a Christian himself but Margaret watched most of the film & says he ends up bashing them.
Lord, Save Us From Your Followers-Christianity Today Article Hummm- can't tell yet- doesn't seem bad.
Hi everyone. Anyone up for sharing their facebook friendships with me? It just seems that I communicate more and more with people on facebook now! Just look me up.
Diana Herb illinois
Diana
can't find you on facebook. try looking for me
mgfans bonenberger brough
It’s about time…
Diana, you can't miss me. I'm attached to Alesia.
New Virus is Activated by Using F1 Key in Windows
Their investigation showed "that the vulnerability cannot be exploited on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, or Windows Server 2008." Follow this Microsoft link for updates and solutions
Diana, look for me: lori greene alimonti parris
What Classic Christian Authors Thought About The Jewish People
You can't find Diana by doing a search for her name.
You can find her by going here:
http://www.facebook.com/diana.herb
Thanks, that helped a lot!
Prophecy in the News
Hey Mr Hyde, and all the rest of you too.
I'm good here in Colorado Springs. Literally counting the days until I go to collect Jenny and the kids for good. I'm meeting with a reform/conservative guy of Issac's lineage next Tuesday, as lately I've felt the need to do something concrete for them. Pray I can be clear and that the plans made are fruitful as we get ready to move from the 69th week the the 70th. Anybody else expect Psalm 83 to start any minute or is it just me? See you all very soon.
In His Grip,
Scott
I was thinking Isaiah 17 and then Psalms 83, but the Lord knows what is about to happen, and His hand is in it. We need to cling to Him, that is the key to our victory.
Tend to think 83 and 17 are consecutive and more seems to be brewing between Syria and Israel in the heat of war context. Besides that, BOO is doing everything he can to become the master of splitting Israel right off of the map. Does anyone here know anything about impeachment procedures? I know that from the massive responses coming out of almost every ones mouth about the latest pronouncements of DC, BOO does not represent me in any way, shape or form.
I don't need an organization to tell him his obvious attacks and double talk are about to back fire in his face. This is one white grandmother that would not back down from walking on the same street that he is walking on. No sir! If anyone is going to back down it is HE BOO!
Well said, Grany!
Praying as well, Scott.
As for Psalm 83 etc, I have absolutely no conviction there. I rather think the proverbial matter is going to hit the fan eventually. But I'm prophetically challenged.
There's been another quake in Sumatra. Rapture or no rapture, I think those footsteps are making clear noises now.
Speaking for me, I know I should be praying harder for the lost because time is running out.
Great Grany 5,
It amazes me that boo has still not provided his birth certicicate and yet he ambles on destroying your beautiful country and nothing happens to him? Surely he can be impeached on that alone?
Hi Mr Hyde!
All well in Oz?
Not only has he not provided it, he made a joke about it at the Press Club dinner last week! Something about 2 things you should hold onto in life....your true love and your bc. The crowd loved it.
American voters, members of Congress and the President would all be wise to pay attention to the economic and social consequences that folks in Greece are now reaping.
"This crisis has taught us that we can't go on acting the way we did, living off loans, treating the state as an endless treasury to be raided, never thinking about our future."
Makis Papadopoulos, owner of a popular tourist store in the capital.
Greek bailout: Athens burns – and crisis strikes at heart of the EU
The economic crisis enveloping the debt-stricken country not only claimed its first lives: it shifted from bewilderment into violence
The News is up..
On Christian radio this morning was a teaching about Governments & how they are set up & taken down under God's authority.
That we are required to submit to them even though we may not agree w/what is going on. He gave an example of Paul's preaching @ the time of Nero.
So whatever is occurring now is all in line w/God's prophetic time plan & that our 1st response should be to go out & preach the soon coming Kingdom ruled by Jesus Christ.
He will be dashing these corrupt Kingdoms into pieces but meanwhile He uses us to pull out His own from the sinking ship.
Have rest in what God is going to do & don't give yourself ulcers worring about the state of the world.
Also, don't get wrapped up in the earthly things- material things- spend that energy to go out and bring in the lost.
He gave an analogy of: If I told you that tomorrow morning a tornado was coming & was going to pick up your house & thow it into the sea 1/2 way to Hawaii what would you do? Would you run home & start painting or tiding everything up?
Or would you go save everyone out of the house?
The time is short.
(Anyway- not word for word but that the crux of it.)
Lisa, that's excellent advice. I agree wholeheartedly! Get right with God and sound the alarm!
Link #1 or click here:
U.N. SECURITY COUNCIL TURNS ON ISRAEL BY CALLING FOR “NUCLEAR FREE ZONE” IN MIDDLE EAST: A scene ripped out of The Ezekiel Option
Hi, just popping on quickly...sure seems to be a lot going on in the world the last few days...not to mention the oil situation in the gulf of mexico and talk about a nuclear free middle east.
Hope you are all welll and trusting in Him for all things!
OH, and I forgot to mention...this morning, right before the sun rose, it thundered and lightninged (is that a word?) and it all literally shook our house!!!!!
Read that Ezekiel Option piece- Oh great- instead of Russia being the big bad guy it may end up actually having a lot to do w/the U.S. which would kick start the war of Ezekiel 38/39.
OZ & New Zealand is looking better by the second......
Police Chiefs Resigning
U.S. Forces Plan DIRECT ACTION AGAINST American Citizens Seems to dovetail w/the cops resigning.
I don't know if the Lord is communicating through all of this but:
A couple days ago we had an orphaned baby duck. We kept it overnight- had a heat light- & were going to take it to a care facility the next day. We were catching bugs & feeding it- the duckling was healthy & doing great.
Even had taken it for a swim in the pool.
The baby duck managed to jump up & get through the bars of the dog crate & get out overnight. Meanwhile dad comes in Lorraine's room (where the duck is) to check on her in the morning & leaves the bedroom door open.
I come in to get the girls up & I see one of the cats peering under the chest of drawers.
Well to make a long story short- the duckling didn't make it. The girls cried & went nuts. (Dad was blamed for its demise of course!)
I had done my usual and had prayed for the duck's survival but request denied. No sooner did the duck die than I went down to feed the horses & found a gigantic red crayfish w/the biggest pinchers I've ever seen on one.
So I said- Thanks Lord- you've given us a replacement. A big dinosaur looking ugly cold animal (which could pinch me) instead of a cute fuzzy duckling. And thanks a-lot.......!
So now we have to go find a stream to release the crawfish into. For now we have it in our horse water tank.
Now to top that one off- this morning Lorraine is yelling to come out because the red tailed hawk nest had fallen out of our palm tree (thanks to the idiotic tree trimmers cutting away too many branches last week.)
So instead of the duckling & ugly crayfish we now have two baby raptors to take to a rapture rescue facility. One of the three babies died. Not sure if it was upon impact or if the dogs got it but there isn't really any evidence of dog trauma.
I think I better keep quiet w/the Lord- who knows what could show up tomorrow!
(But raptures- very cool! Better than even the duckling! We just feel bad for the mama hawk.)
Lisa, you crack me up! "Rapture rescue center".....I'm guessing that's for those left behind ;-)
Took me a minute to figure out what "raptor" meant. I'm used to hearing about raptor dinos around here. Forgot there are raptor birds, too. We've been watching a cool live-stream video of a hawk nest on the Franklin Institute buidling in Phila. 3 babies and they're starting to get their pin feathers. There's also a cool owl box live-stream in CA that the kids love. They squeal with delight when the daddy brings a mouse or rat and the babies gulp it down. Not sure what to think of that.
I know- Raptor/Rapture! You know what I'm thinking about when I see those eagle/hawk wings!
Hey maybe that was a "sign". One baby- died- false flag & the other two are almost ready to fly! The catching up & then 2nd Coming. I think I've been reading too much of JRed on/Lookup Fellowship. (;
I found out that they are actually Red Shouldered Hawks.
Does anyone know about Lance Lambert? Anyway he has Five Prophetic Messages On his site that look interesting. The last one:Sunday 18 April 2010, Jerusalem Israel
I put a banana peel under my tomato plants when we planted them... I haven't seen tomatoes this healthy and abundant since my grandfather's garden.
Oh, yeah, and the news is up.
This is Mother's Day weekend and all of us are busy cooking, waiting on our visiting kids, grandkids and husbands. So you all have a great weekend and don't forget to Praise the Lord with all of your heart.
Grany
THE HAIR CUT
One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut.
After the cut, he asked about his bill, and the barber replied, 'I cannot accept money from you , I'm doing community service this week.' The florist was pleased and left the shop.
When the barber went to open his shop the next morning, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.
Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you , I'm doing community service this week.' The cop was happy and left the shop.
The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.
Then a Congressman came in for a haircut, and when he went to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I can not accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The Congressman was very happy and left the shop.
The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there were a dozen Congressmen lined up waiting for a free haircut.
And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of our country and the politicians who run it.
BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON.....THE LONGER THEY STAY ON, THE STINKIER THEY GET.
Iran Alive Ministries Great resource for Iranians & Muslims - know any you can send the link to?
(You'll see Joel Rosenburg on the site too.)
May 02, 2010 - Message By Hormoz Shariat was really good last week.
News
1. US presses Israel to transfer security roles to PA "Under the proposal, the PA would be granted security responsibility for Abu Dis, part of which is formally within the Israeli municipal boundaries of Jerusalem."
2. 5-17-00: Abu Dis is the Gateway to Jerusalem "By giving the Arabs Abu Dis, Eizariya, Suhawara, Anata and the other villages surrounding Jerusalem, the entire Northern and East sections of Jerusalem would be almost completely sealed off from the rest of Israel if it became necessary to fight a defensive war.... The betrayal of a nation can be called by many names but, it remains a betrayal. The secret of the Mount of Olives as the planned capital of the neo-state of Palestine can no longer be covered over with the trivial name of Abu Dis"
3. Americans monitoring Jewish construction in Jerusalem
4. Israel thanks Evangelical Christians for support
5. David Jeremiah: What in the world is going on - The Israel connection (1 of 3) Ten prophetic clues you cannot afford to ignore
6. Is the world turning against Israel?
7. Nuclear agency set to focus on Israel
8. Abbas agrees to US-mediated talks after gaining PLO approval
9. Lebanon President says won't ask Hezbollah to disarm
Happy Mommies Day!!!!
Grany,
Thanks. I will remember to praise the Lord with all fo my heart even when I am cooking and doing dishes or laundry. I will do all of my work as though I am doing it for the Lord! Thanks for the reminder :)
Happy Mother's Day!
Diana
I ran into one of the engineers who's working on the oil spill problem. He said that its worse than most realize. Then I went to service today and this old guy came up to me and said, "The Lord told me that we should ask him for wisdom on cleaning up the oil." So I think it would be good for us to ask. If we don't we risk losing tourism money that our states down here thrive off of, as well as loss of sea life, wasted oil. The oil slick also threatens the commercial traffic in and around the deltas.
All the salons here (human and animal) are saving their hair to be dumped on the oil spill. There is one county that has plans to dump hay on it. One cement company here in P.B. county has made a powder that once dumped into the water, the oil sticks to it and can be easily scooped out, leaving behind no residue. They sent a few buckets to BP and are awaiting the "go" signal to release several truck loads into the gulf. I heard the box being used to dome the leak is not working out so well.
LORI,
I join my prayers to yours and others for God's solution to this latest mess with the oil spill. I feel such a disaster is the perfect working grounds for God's SUDDENLY to happen. Let it be soon Lord.
Grany
Diane, something that I have to remember daily is that in my assigned chores, I can find His blessings if I don't be sidetracked with finding fault.
So, Give Him PRAISE UNENDING AND FULL OF LOTS OF VOLUME.
Hyde,
I noticed an ad from a cult (in my opinion) that pops up from time to time in the "Ads by Google" that pop up under the Voice of the Matyrs sidebar on your main blog page.
I'm not sure if "cult" is the proper characterization but the beliefs look very dangerous and could be deceptive. The ad that first caught my eye read: "How does Jesus REALLY save?"
The group that advertizes is called "The New Church." Their main web page is www.newchurch.org. I won't even dignify them with a blue link.
Make that Voice of the Martyrs.
Good for you Diana!
That is a lesson that I am wanting victory in. A work in progress for sure.
Grace
Happy Mother's Day to all the mums
just sitting quietly in the back of the cave...rejoicing with you, praying with you...
I'm studying Revelation...I'm up to chapter 9...the Bottomless Pit. coincidently the day I started this the BP oil rig exploded...coincidence?
Jamie
Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies!!!
Enjoy the day - This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice & be glad in it!
The News is up.
Jim G
from time to time WND has ads which are completely incompatible with their views such as gay and lesbian studies and pro abort ads-all by google. google can apparently place ads on whatever they want where ever they want. I've also been told by my dad that occasionally there is an ad attached to email that we send from our main email account that has some racy type ads as well. we have no control over those either.
fyi
finding the Life and Times of the Messiah from a Jewish perspective quite fascinating. We just went through, albeit briefly, the Olivet discourse and are in the Matthew 24-25 range.
Frucht had something interesting to say about the 10 virgins fyi-first time I had heard this. He said in Jewish wedding customs, the virgins of the town or wedding party await the bridegroom after he has gone to fetch the bride. since they don't know when he will be back with the bride they are to keep ready and have lamps since they may come at night. The implication is that the 10 virgins are those in the tribulation and does not apply to the church at all. There are 5 who are filled with the Spirit-those who have the lamp oil and thus come into the wedding feast i.e. the Millennial Kingdom and there are 5 who do not-who are the unbelievers and do not go into the wedding feast. I must say I think this interpretation makes more sense than most of them that I've heard.
Jim G,
My site is approved for GoogleAdSense, but I've seen the ads they have used on provided sites and will not go there. That is why I still don't have advertising on my site. The few ads that are there, are an offering, with the ministries' approval. I would, however, like to find advertising mkter for my site on which I have final approval.
Lori (or Jim C. or Mac)
Sounds like a potential business opportunity for someone with the right internet knowhow. Provide advertising opportunities to businesses through an outlet that allows the web site author where the ads appear, final say as to what ads appear.
some good news and a couple of prayer requests.
my friend Michele has been upgraded and moved to a rehab facility. she is however still experiencing headaches post aneurysm and brain shunt and she was in ER yesterday afternoon. good news is also that the shunt appears to be working but they have no idea what is causing the headaches. you should have seen her face light up when I told her about the number of people praying for her. she told me to thank all of you.
Second request. Matilda works in my office and has for 10 plus years. her husband has been having chest pain for 8 months and long story short had emergency by pass surgery yesterday. on top of that her oldest son received some really bad news yesterday in addition to his dad having surgery his college roommate and the room mates girlfriend were killed in a car accident yesterday while returning to the area for mother's day. Vincent is devastated to say the least. His room mate was also his best friend from high school and the girl friend was also a good friend as well. The family needs Christ as well. Pray for Matilda and Pat as well as their sons Vincent and Patrick. their youngest son Patrick was also good friends with the young couple who died.
we spent the afternoon yesterday visiting with both families. today I hope to be able to lounge
It snowed in Syracuse NY last night
Happy Mother's Day, fellow moms!
My parents just arrived home from their visit here. They're 4 hrs. west of us, higher up in the central PA mountains, and it was sleet/snowing when they pulled into their house. We had some of the worst wind ever here yesterday and the temps have dropped to the high 40s. I'm gonna bring in the seedlings overnight, just in case.
so I need some info and prayers.
one of the women in the church says God has told her she needs to have a Bible study on Daniel and then Revelation and I am specifically supposed to be part of it. in point of fact she wants to arrange the time for this study around my schedule. I told her I would pray about it. She wants to use a book by Beth Moore. Anyone heard of her? Keep in mind I am somewhat of an oddity at my church in that I don't espouse replacement theology and believe in a Rapture as well as a Second Coming. help.
We are studying apologetics in our Sunday school class and part of this is what other faiths say and how to witness to them. We were supposed to cover Judaism next week but since we will be out of town they have moved it to the following week because they want to hear about what we have learned from Frucht about witnessing to the Jewish people. I really would like to convey to my fellow classmates that the Jews while they do need Christ are still the chosen nation.
not entirely sure about either situation so I do need some guidance.
Jib,
My wife has gone through several of Beth Moore's Bible studies. Beth is an excellent and very well respected Bible teacher. Jump at the opportunity. You won't be disappointed.
About Beth Moore
Beth Moore – Living Proof Ministries
Daniel Bible Study by Beth Moore
Beth Moore’s Blog
thanks for the information Jim G. do you have any idea from what perspective she teaches those prophetic books? amillennial,millennial etc.
Jib, I’m praying for all of your concerns.
Re Beth Moore, I can find criticism of her on the net but nothing specific other than something like faulty exegesis (in other words they disagree with her) and ecumenism. But you can find criticism about anyone on the net. One guy who claims she uses faulty exegesis on Daniel holds to Reformed and Replacement Theology. I couldn’t find anything more specific on Moore.
I'm almost certain that my wife (who went through Beth Moore's Daniel study) said that Beth comes at it from a premillennial, pre-trib perspective. I'm pretty sure she also presents other theological perspectives (that are within Christian orthodoxy) and is not antagonistic or hostile towards the others. She simply loves the Lord and His Word.
I couldn't find much either which is why I asked. so if the reformed and replacement theologian doesn't like her that should mean she is quite sound :-)
thanks Jim G
I just wanted to know in case I was the odd man out :-) e.g. if she was coming from a covenant theology perspective I was afraid I was actually going to have to finish Frucht's book Israelology in less than 2 years lol
Jib,
Just stumbled across this. Kind of humorous yet it might give you additional insight.
Yesterday:
1. Taught one of our Ladies’ Bible Classes — the one that has been going through Beth Moore’s series on Daniel. I told them my talk was entitled, “Daniel, Apocalyptic, the Millennium, Hanukkah, and Why No Minister in His Right Mind Would Get Between A Bunch of Women and Beth Moore.” I told them that the very few times I’ve heard Beth Moore I’ve loved her stuff. She is a faithful sister in Christ — and a powerful teacher and preacher of the good news. Then I went on to paint a picture of Daniel that I’m guessing, based on what I’d heard, is quite a bit different. (More on that later, perhaps.) That doesn’t change one bit, however, my appreciate for the way Beth Moore has led people back to a careful study of scripture.
Jib,
Be sure and read the follow-up comments that people posted regarding Beth Moore's Bible studies.
Beth Moore’s Daniel Series
your joke for the day
George Bush, Queen Elizabeth, and Vladimir Putin all die and go to hell. While there, they spy a red phone and ask what the phone is for. The devil tells them it is for calling back to Earth.
Putin asks to call Russia and talks for 5 minutes.When he was finished the devil informs him that the cost is a million dollars,... so Putin writes him a... See More ... See Morecheck.
Next Queen Elizabeth calls England and talks for 30 minutes. When she was finished the devil informs her that cost is 6 million dollars, so Queen Elizabeth writes him a check.
Finally George Bush gets his turn and talks for 4 hours.When he was finished the devil informed him that there would be no charge for the call and feel free to call the USA anytime.
When Putin hears this he goes ballistic and asks the devil why Bush got to call the USA free. The devil replied, "Since Obama became president of the USA , the country has gone to hell, so it's a local call."
Satire of what passes for worship at some churches the person I got this from notes
"Here's a satirical look at "contemporary" worship that is fast replacing authentic Christ-centered worship. If it weren't indicative of the mainstream evangelical church, it would be funny..."
given that the older generation at my folks church are constantly being told they are behind the times and the music is all about the youth, they rarely sing traditional hymns I'm sure she'd appreciate the satire
the comments were instructive to say the least. I know from her site she attends First Baptist Houston (which my brother and sister in law also attend and the church appears to be sound). I am a bit confused as to why they kept insisting she was Church of Christ however. perhaps that was her earlier background?
Surprised to see this at MSNBC.com:
Israel Turns to Russia for Mediation with Syria
JERUSALEM - Israel's president has turned to Russia to ease tensions with Syria.
President Shimon Peres' office announced Sunday that Russia's president agreed to deliver an Israeli message to Syrian leader Bashar Assad later this week. Peres and Medvedev met in Moscow during the annual commemoration ceremony marking the end of World War II.
Peres said Israel wants peace with Syria but that it must stop alleged weapons transfers to Hezbollah in Lebanon. Peres recently accused Syria of transferring Scud missiles to Hezbollah. Syria denies arming the Shiite militants.
Israel and Syria are bitter enemies and do not communicate directly. Indirect peace talks broke down after Israel launched a military offensive in Gaza in December 2008.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Jib, I'm on day 67 of Beth Moore's "David: 90 days with a heart like his," and I love it. I would highly recommend this for any believer.
Have also heard good things about Beth Moore, though haven't read anything myself. Several Christian friends who were more lukewarm/secular have read her and said that she re-ignited their fire for the Lord.
Question.....any thoughts on Jim Wallis of the Sojourners group? I did a quick read on wiki, etc. but want to have a few more informed 'facts' before I respond to an article a family member sent me that he wrote. At first glance, it sounds great, but dig into his terminology a bit and another layer emerges. Social justice is his big theme, along with 'can't we all get along' (between faiths) and respect the good in each other.
Thanks!
Well, I just have to say my gripe for the day.
Our horse trainer is Christian & attends a really good Church & then we do too. Her assistant who teaches our kids riding lessons is backslid, doing her own thing w/boyfriend....but prays every night.
I've been trying to encourage her to step it up in Christ, Our Trainer has been encouraging her inviting her to Church, & today after her riding lesson Melanie
(5) has told her to just marry her boyfriend & start going to Church & in fact she could even go to ours.(So basically she's been surrounded & tag teamed.)
So I said- yeah- why don't you? She said because she's Catholic & hasn't found a good place to go yet. So then she asks me if I was Catholic- so I said no- more of the non-denominational Christian persuasion like her boss.
Then she goes onto say that she misses the Church building she was used to- all of the stained glass & how beautiful it was.
UUUUUGGGggggggghhhhhhhhh#(*#&%
Ok- just to let ya all know I was cool. I told her it didn't matter what "church" it was- just at least go check it out anyway.
Geeze. No wonder some people aren't excited about going to Church again if all they really got out of it was admiring the architecture or following traditions.
I meet so many dead beats who tell me they grew up "Catholic" & insinuate that "if" they ever went back it would have to be Catholic again- well- because their "Catholic". (As if I'm really supposed to understand what the big deal is.)
What happened to just being a Christian & following Christ?
Anyway, pray that her heart would be open to find the living God one way or another. That's all that really matters.
Jen, unfortunately, everything that I've read recently on Jim Wallis is not good. First of all, he changed his name from James Wallace probably because their are public documents showing him as a chair for Religion and Socialism Commission.
REV. JIM WALLIS VS. BISHOP E.W. JACKSON ON ARIZONA’S IMMIGRATION LAW
Jim Wallis: Expanded profile
Pastor Jim Wallis: Liberalism's religious strategist
Meet Jim Wallis
Christine sent this Middle East newslink out today-looks like a good site. Check out the recent news video. Middle East On The Edge 2010
Hey Lisa,
I understand what you are saying about admiring the church building somehow taking away from the direct worship of the Lord, but there is another side.
My ancestors were unfortunately part of the defenestration of northern Europe under Luther's followers, in part because they felt people were worshipping the churchs' grandeur and not God.
One must remember, though, this was not the builder's intent for the most part. The builders truly wanted to build structures giving the lay, illiterate medieval populace a vision of the greatness of God and most considered their work part of furthering God's kingdom. Most of the great cathedrals of Europe took 200-300 yrs to build and successive builders by and large held true to the goal of honoring God with their work.
I've seen many of these, Chartre, Notre Dame, St Peter's, Koln, Milan, etc., and I can tell you they honor God and to see one up close brings you closer to worship the same way JS Bach is worship. BTW, every piece he wrote was for the Lord's service. I think we can and should enjoy man-made beauty in art and architecture and music if it honors God. I personally find nature's beauty better for honoring God, but I am not unmoved to man-made things as well.
Very interesting link to the chiefs of police resigning all over, btw.
In His Grip,
Scott
Jib,
Regarding Beth Moore, you wrote, "I am a bit confused as to why they kept insisting she was Church of Christ however."
I think they were simply commenting on her impact on their denomination. I don't think they were implying that she was Church of Christ. Just that many women with that denomination have read her books, or gone through some of her Bible studies.
Hi Jen,
Jim Wallis is a Marxist. I heard one of his talks on an Aussie radio station some time ago. It was all about how nice he was (and Sojourners) and how good the Dems are and how bad Christian fundamentalists and the GOP were.
Seriously, that's all his 20 minute talk one Sunday morning on a Christian radio station was.
I emailed the station to complain and heard nothing back.
Scott, I've seen many of these famous cathedrals too.
And they are beautiful- the buildings give a sense of grandeur & reverence. The echo of the click, click, click, of footsteps on the stone floors. Diffused light penetrating though multi-colored stained glass windows, gold highlighting various decorum.
But did all of the builders/planners/architects wholly dedicate these cathedrals to God? I could argue that point in the gargoyles & occult symbolism some of them are adorned with.
But besides that - You can get just as close to God in any building- a mud hut even- since it's based upon one's heart condition in seeking the Lord in truth.
Some of the greatest Revivals were born out of dilapidated buildings- the most despised & "unworthy" of men's admiration.
If the Word of God is preached & the Spirit of the Lord is present then the building makes no difference. It would just be a personal preference @ that point.
What I would really like to hear from someone who once worshiped in an Orthodox/Catholic style building is how on fire they were for Christ & how they miss the fellowship w/other believers.
That would be refreshing!
Gargoyle Pictures/info
Jen
Wallis is bad news. He is a Marxist, is anti Israel and is BOO's closest personal pastor and advises him frequently. I did hear him say on tape via the Beck show that he believed the Bible taught the redistribution of wealth.
New post is up.
News
1. THE THIRD TEMPLE FOR ALL HUMANKIND ON THE TEMPLE MOUNTAIN OF JERUSALEM
2. IDF preparing for mass evacuations in case of Hezbollah missile strike
3. Jerusalem has long been Israel's capital
4. EU delegation 'too anti-Israel'
5. Top Obama advisor refers to Jerusalem by Arabic name "In all my travels the city I have come to love most is al-Quds, Jerusalem where three great faiths come together."
6. Hamas proposes 10-year truce, no recognition of Israel
7. Land-snatch for Arab hwy
8. Israel plans concessions, PA plans offensive
9. Netanyahu wants direct talks ASAP
10. Tale of Terror: Israeli father tells how he saved his family "It was a true open miracle. I look at the topography and the distances and I simply cannot fathom how they missed. They were standing on the road in front of a seven-seat vehicle that rolled along slowly, fired bullets in single shot mode, in a controlled fashion, one after the other but missed all of them, except for the first bullet that hit the engine."
11. Israeli woman escapes PA thief-kidnapper
12. Sanctions? US okays new jet engine components for Syrian Air's fleet
13. German Foreign Minister to tour Lebanon, Egypt, Syria and Jordan
14. Israel optimistic over chances of joining nuclear research body CERN
15. Israel to host XII World Congress of Russian Press
16. Why China can be a game-changer in the Middle East
17. China races to secure Middle East oil deals
18. US nuclear talks risk collapse over Middle East plan
19. Iran says it can destroy Israel in a week
20. Iran 3rd nuclear plant to start by August
21. Iran to Scrap Nuclear Deal If UN Sanctions Approved
There a lot of sites today reporting Russia and alliances... links 27-35 if you're interested.
BTW: thanks for all the great food ideas for the band.
I've decided to memorize an entire chapter from the Bible. I got the idea from the Christian Bucket list (link 42 from yesterday).
Is anyone else here doing this? If so what chapter. (Mine is Acts 7.)
Post a Comment