Tuesday, June 2, 2009

God in the daily and the ordinary

The discovery of God lies in the daily and the ordinary, not in the spectacular and the heroic. If we cannot find God in the routines of home and shop, then we will not find Him at all.

- Richard J. Foster -

150 comments:

jim.carroll said...

Shalom, all! Alesia, I LOVE the quote! My favorite section of the Old Testament is in 1 Kings 19, the story of Elija on the mountain, hearing the thunder, lighting, windstorm, earthquake, etc., but not hearing G_D in any of those things, only in the small, whispering sound after all of that.

<><

jib said...

Jim C

excellent point. too many times we don't hear Go0d because we are to focused on the loud stuff and not listening to the still small whisper.

jib said...

I have a question for general discussion.

We are commanded to pray for our country and leaders but I think Jeremiah was given a direct word from God that he Jeremiah was not to pray any longer for the nation. they had passed into judgment and prayers would not change things.

I have been reluctant to join up with the tea parties or the 912project for a couple of reasons
1-I think the government is going to demand a list of their members and those members are going to be targeted. this is a gut level thing btw and not based on any facts.
2-they are not faith based. I am not asking for a theocracy but efforts such as these apart from God are doomed to fail in the long run
3-and finally and honestly I think the time for prayer for our country is gone. I think we are fully headed into judgment and nothing is going to stop it or even really slow it down. may be I'm just being a pessimist or perhaps a realist I don't know. I really had a burden back before the election that if BOO was elected our country was done because God was going to allow us to have what the majority wanted or at least thought they wanted and that BOO was to be part of our judgment and/or the instrument of judgment upon us. plus with all the headlines it just seems like we are inexorably headed to the end and speed is picking up. We can't stop prophecy from happening so I am in a way not sure we should even be trying?

black mood today sorry

Scott Robinson said...

Jenny here....

I missed it by that much....very much into the "cone of silence" being a mother of three and teacher of 195.(Get Smart...loved the series the movie was pretty good also).

Anyone else having trouble with the internet? Getting disconnected wuite easily from drudge report and debka and from this blogspot quite often as of late.....hmmmm

let me see if this posts.

jim.carroll said...

Shalom, all. I wanted to pass on three blog entries that I found interesting. They're all from Parablesblog. The first one (Spelling it Out for the Church in America). This has some very interesting observations about the Spelling Bee that was held in Washington, DC this last weekend, and about the name of the girl who won the contest.

Two other blog entries from the site are Prepare an Ark and How to Prepare for a Day of Disorder. Both of these might prove interesting reading to all of you.

<><

Anonymous said...

Jim C is first! I am 6th! I think this is the first time I have been this far up! Whoopee!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how Jim C's link on the other post matches with "Hydes" comments to open this one? That is way cool! So is the guy who is traveling around the world to tell people about Jesus/Y'shua!
This man has some really good things to say about what is going on in American and how we should be reacting to it. ask Dr. Brown He gets you fired up! There are a lot of people who will come to the Lord when they see these things happening! We have to be willing to be the ones to tell them about Jesus/Y'shua and encourage them! Most kids aren't sorry when they do something wrong...until they get a butt whipping! Unfortunately, many adults are the same way. This country is fixing to get a major butt whipping. We need to be there to lead the ones who will repent to the Lord!

Scott Robinson said...

Jenny here again,

things are looking up.....earlier this week I washed a load of whites with a kids pair of pants in it that held three crayons (blue, RED and yellow)....Well all I can say is that it wasn't white when I pulled it out! Where was God's voice in that? It made me take stock in what we really needed and what we could do with out. Needless to say, we are on day two of cleaning out clothes to take down to a local church to give away. That particular church is set up to give not only to the homeless but those in need a little extra right now. My kids can go with me and experience the joy of reaching out their hand to others.

Jib, I have felt the same way several times. I always try to go back to the Lord's Prayer and pray for God's will to be done. Sometimes I think the Evil One would like nothing better(I know he would) than to disarm us of our most effective weapon......prayer. Never grow weary, let us pray for one another to be strong and faithful in our prayers. We can pray for the scales to fall off the eyes of those leaders in power and for the hardening of hearts to soften to God's words. There are several kings and leaders in the old test. that turned from their evil ways and follwed God. Nothing is to big or too hard for the Almighty, it all depends on His will. That is what we can pray for......His will and our part in it(that is always the hard part for me). How can we be used in Your will today Father? Show us a path and grant us the strength and wisdom to follow it:) Especially if it is just but a whisper!

Love to all, I've got more clothes to clean out. If I wash anymore crayons I will need the "Cone of Silence"

Fighting the Good Fight,

Jenny

jim.carroll said...

Jenny, haven't had problems with the internet per se, just problems with it being slow. I attributed that to people stealing cable.

Jib, just because we are heading into judgment does not mean giving up on prayer. We still have the capability of reducing the judgment, easing it up a bit, and giving our friends, neighbors, and relatives the spiritual aid they will need.

Jamie-lightshine, I meant to bring this up yesterday about your plan to buy one of those sleeping carts for $500. The problem is that I live in a college town, and I'm afraid something like that just. would. not. be. allowed. There would just be too much temptation for the students to buy those things and save money by living on the street. The downtown is next to the university, so no way could anyone park one of those things down there (too many problems with the drunk students hassling the people living there on their way home from the bars), and there's not really any other place you can park something like that around here. (If you're wondering what we're talking about, it's called an EDAR, Everyone Deserves A Roof.)

<><

Scott Robinson said...

Jim-Jenny here,
That EDAR thing was pretty neat, but I can see how that wouldn't fly in a college town.

Sorry for my earlier typos, I was typing really fast before out of fear I would be disconnected again. Now I can't get those cute little pics by your names for this blog. Oh well...

Russia is pushing for a one world currency...again, BOO is saying go ahead Iran and have your Nukes you won't really use them for bad, only good, right? But even more interesting is where oh where he will plan to speak from this week while in Egypt. Some say it will be in a mosque...we shall see.

This bag of worms makes for some very interesting prayer time. Once I get on a roll about praying for whatever stands out at me from the headlines, that prayer-time always leaves me feeling better about Who is in control.....it is certainly not the headlines or the people who make them:)

Have a great evening,
Jenny

Late Night Lisa said...

Interesting timing of this discussion. I had gone to a "Mat Rodina Blog" owned by Stanislav Mishin -who origionally wrote that "American capitalism gone with a whimper" article that was posted on the Russian Pravada link-Christine posted today.

You can find my reply here:Mat Rodina I don't know who he is but from the looks of it he seems like someone who's using Biblical scripture to support the "greatness of Russia" then backs this up w/statictics.

I know I won't explain this too well but there are times I know something but then all of a sudden there will come a deeper understanding of it-which happened today as I was writing about Russia.

It's as if Revelation 18:4 was echoing in my mind & the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ just grew that much brighter.

Marge said...

Jib, and all,
"But, ye brethren, be not weary in well doing." 2 Thessaloinians 3:13

also,...

"And let us not be weary in well doing; for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."

verse 10 goes on to say:

"As we have opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith."

Perry Stone had an interesting Prophecy Alert on his Manna-fest T.V. program yesterday. It was about how America is in much the same position as ancient Eygpt. An excellent teaching. And this was just part 1.

Because I'm on dial up, (and having no problems) I don't know if this teaching is up on his website. Because I haven't checked it out, for awhile.

At any rate, call me crazy, but I intend to keep praying for lost souls, America, and the entire world, until I breathe my final breath. It ain't over until it's over.

Keep the Faith. And never give up. The Greater One lives in you :)

1 John 4:4 says:

"Ye are of God, little children and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world."

As Grany, and a Child of the King would say, prepare for the fight. Because we have supernatural weapons.
Ephesians 6: 11-18

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox for ahwhile :)

Have a great afternoon/evening, and God bless.

Love,
Marge

jim.carroll said...

Lori, about "Mat Rodina":

Yes, he's very nationalistic. "Mat Rodina" is Russian for "Our Mother of Motherlands" (rough translation. -- Rodina is "Motherland", Mat is "Mother".) He's also Russian Orthodox Christian. The Russian Orthodox Church (ROC) was created as a separate patriarchate when the Turks were threatening Constantinople and the fear was that this home of Orthodox Christianity would sink under the Muslim onslaught. The Tsar at the time said that Constantinople was the second Rome; Moscow would be the third Rome, there would be no other. The ROC considers itself to be the last, sole, and perfect expression of Orthodox Christianity. They don't play well with other Christian groups. Heck, they don't play well with other Orthodox. I can't count the number of times that Rome has gotten together with Orthodox groups to come to some theological understandings on common belief; how many times we have been close to signing some agreements; and then the ROC has come in and bollixed up the works. They don't want ANYTHING to do with the RCC, because they consider the RCC to be heterodox apostates, and any Orthodox Church that comes to an agreement with the RCC has also drunk the heterodox Kook-Aid.

If you're going to be posting on the "Mat Rodina" web site, tread softly.

<><

jim.carroll said...

Marge, Shalom! Here is the link to download Perry Stone's prophetic presentation:

Voice of EvangelismThere are links below the player to download the presentation in Windows Media format, as MP4 (iPod) format, or just the audio in MP3 format.

<><

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim C- thanks for the link! I wasn't sure where to buy one....fortunatly I have a large family, some of whom have said I could live with them...I thought I could set it up in someones living room:).Seriously, thankyou all for your prayers and concern. (My cousin, who has a good job, does retrieve food from dumpsters and is feeding three families with what he salvages. He's been doing this for a few years now.foods pretty good)

Lisa-The church I belonged to for decades was teaching Replacement Theology, so a few months ago I left. Guess I severed that lifeline! I'm going to Harvest Bible Chapel now, but haven't joined.

Jib- I had the same verse resounding in my head after the election. Every time I pray for the gov't that verse is in my head.I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one struggling with that verse.I felt that the US had a clear choice of 'life or death' and nationally chose 'death', especially a few in my Christian family. I'm still heartsick.I do think our prayers can delay judgment....so more people can be reached with the Gospel...but time is short.

June 12 trivia: Reagan gave his 'tear down that wall' speech on June 12,1987. Does anyone know when BOO gave his speech in Europe?

Jamie-lightshine

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to be sure everyone knew. I posted the article from Pravda to show how Russia is even telling us we're doing the wrong things! They are watching Obama take over these automotive plants, and believe it no longer exists in America. We of course know it does, just now it's being limited. America isn't the same anymore and, if we have any doubt about it, the other countries in this world see it too. I haven't researched who he is. I was just struck that they saw America change so drastically. Glen Beck featured the article on his show yesterday to try to show people how America is changing. He believes we are all asleep and don't see it. I do believe our group here and a couple of other places do!
I heard today that the media not only loves Boo, they fear him! They are afraid that, if they report negatively on him or his cabinet, they will be investigated or prevented from participating in the media events!
As for Boo, something came to my mind when I was reading the posts. There was a minister on TBN, I don't remember his name, seems like he was a white African. He was saying, before the election, the person the Christian people didn't want to win the election would win it. However, about midway through his term, something catastrophic would happen. He would fall on his knees to the Lord and be filled with the Spirit of the Lord. Well, he got the first part right. If we are going to pray for our leaders, pray he gets the second part right!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Perry Stone link! I love to hear him! I just pray he is right!

jib said...

I pray for individuals I know but I am finding more difficult to pray for the country I love because as a nation we have abandoned God and follow after other gods. David Reagan has had an excellent series on the "new" tolerance and today's resonated somewhat

the new tolerance which isn't so tolerant.

mostly I think why I feel the way I do is that for the most part people don't want to face up to facts and truth regarding God, morality, sin etc. I honestly am not sure there are enough people of faith out there who could make a difference.



further there is a scary/interesting editorial from Joseph Farah on the New World Order Blueprint which should absolutely give any thinking person the willies!

Anonymous said...

I feel absolutely sure we are at the end of life as we know it. It will go on, but it will be much different. I do believe we see the New World Order coming together and preparing for it's time. I do believe we are entering an age where people desire you to be tolerant of their sins, their worship of new age and the occult, but they do not want to be tolerant of our faith. We are there, and we will see it escalate and we will probably see it come about. Unless, the rapture happens first! I pray it will. I do fear for those I love. I meet people everyday and try to say what I can without beating them over the head. Most people think I'm absolutely crazy. I can live with that. We just need to be preparing ourselves spiritually for what's ahead. Fasting and praying. Reading the Word. Memorizing it is probably good since we do not know at what point the Word will be taken from us. Jesus/Y'shua overcame by these things. He is our example. We will overcome!

donna said...

I will also continue praying for people in america and everywhere else...because He has asked us to~

Late Night Lisa said...

Jim C.

Well-I don't think that I treaded very softly. Is ignorance really bliss? Maybe in some regards it really is }:

Read my post to them-you'll probably laugh your head off now.

In a soft nutshell I pointed out that not only is America under judgment but that Russia's days of reckoning are up & coming in Ezekiel 38/39.

I couldn't sense that he was a Christian because the Body of Christ isn't nationalistic but looks to Jesus Christ as our Lord.

Oh boy-now I better watch out for Russian Cool aid! It's the foolish things of the world that God uses to confound the "wise". I guess my ignorance on Russian MOTHER "MOC" & my prophetic studies of Gog/Magog was just the ticket to boldly declare Bible prophecy to this group.

Oh my!

campsmore said...

Jim C
I don't necessarily agree with all the sites/articles/op pieces I print, but many do have interesting perspectives to understand how the other side is thinking.

Who we are dealing with,

Boo meets Israeli defense minister,

Boo: Iran has right to nuclear power ,

US invites Iranian envoys to July 4 parties,

The Emergence of President Boo's Muslim Roots,
"Americans have Muslims in their families or have lived in a Muslim majority country. I know, because I am one of them."

Likud: US admin. meddling in Israeli politics,

Boo to give Netanyahu 4-6 weeks for new Mideast policy,

speech to Muslims to be secured by 3,000 Secret Servicemen,

With Speech in Egypt, Boo Calculates Risk of Alienating Israel,

Al Qaeda's Zawahri urges Egyptians to reject 'criminal' ,

Russia talks single currency,

Tests of new Russian missile to continue, says top gov't official ,

Merkel and Sarkozy in joint call for 'strong Europe' ,

Sarkozy to meet Iranian FM for nuclear discussion,

Ugly vibes from Europe,

New pan-European Eurosceptic alliance takes shape,

Nuclear talks resume as alarm over North Korea continues,

3rd Temple items,

jim.carroll said...

Here's something that might stir things up:

Earlier, before the election, I had a number of emails from friends detailing visions they had recv'd regarding Boo. Specifically, they all involved him being executed -- not assassinated, executed.

Boo is now in Saudi Arabia; tomorrow he will be in Cairo, Egypt. The Muslim Brotherhood is still big there, despite government attempts to wipe it out. Those are the ones who assassinated Sadat.

I heard on NPR this afternoon the reaction of al Qaeda #2 leader who said they did not want to hear Obama speak; he has already spoken through the bloody hand in Pakistan.

"Al-Qaeda number two Ayman al-Zawahiri said Tuesday that Muslims had heard Barack Obama's "bloody messages" ahead of the US president's trip to the Middle East, according to a US monitor of Islamist websites. ... "His bloody messages were received and are still being received by Muslims, and they will not be concealed by public relations campaigns or by farcical visits or elegant words," Zawahiri said.

(Al-Qaeda number two slams Obama visit to Egypt)

So, what happens if the Muslim Brotherhood manages to kidnap Boo and execute him as an apostate Muslim?

Heck, what if they're able to infiltrate some function and kill him then and there in front of the cameras?

Life inside my head can be SO interesting at times...

<><

campsmore said...

There's a scenario I hadn't thought of yet. That would put Biden in charge with Pelosi as a lady in waiting. Ouch!

jim.carroll said...

Lori, I posted my message before reading your news stuff. 3,000 Secret Service people. Wow! I didn't know there were that many agents in the Protective Services division.

The problem is, it's one thing when you're dealing with a lone gunman or a small group of people planning an attack. These people usually think about getting away. That influences how they plan the attack. It's a totally other thing when you're dealing with an unknown number of people who really don't care if they get caught or killed during an attack.

I just hope 3,000 agents will be enough...

<><

Late Night Lisa said...

I've read up on Monasto, backyard gardens & the "depopulation" plans of the Illuminiti but this is new to me:

"Codex Alimentarius" (Latin for "food code" or "food book") is a set of standards for food and nutrition, created by the United Nations (UN) and backed by the World Trade Organization (WTO).

It aims to control what type of foods (and how) people can grow, sell, and eat, and what types of dietary supplement can be manufactured and sold.

The 32nd Session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission will meet from June 30th to July 4th in FAO headquarters in Rome.

What is that "interesting" you ask? Because President Barack Obama is scheduled to be in Rome on July 10th to meet with Pope Benedict as the G8 leaders wrap up their July 8-10 summit to be held in L'Aquila.

Jred has looked up alot of info on this-June 03Lookup Fellowship

Thuunda said...

Hiya all!

I haven't been away...just a bit quiet.

Jim, I for one enjoy what goes around in your head, just wish you would share more of your scenarios...like for instance the vast amount of scenarios that can play out tomorrow with BOO. I have an uncomfortable feeling about tomorrow.

Here's a blog that is VERY interesting regarding how America deals with Israel and what happens to America in return. I'm sure you all know of it, but if not here it is:

John Mcternan

I "fear" for America. Things are just not right...something is up...it feels like I'm living in the twilight zone.

This is crazy stuff:

Listen to June 1 Broadcast

Detention centres, red shirts (brown shirts), voting disruptions by the black panthers...????

donna said...

JIb, I understand how you could feel the way you do. It is upsetting for me to see not only so many people who are not interested in things of God ..but so many people are into all of this new age stuff and even witchcraft...something that was predicted to occur in the last days.

However, please do not loose heart. Know that He IS in control of ALL things, even if it does not seem so.

And remember that Daniel was one person who DID accomplish much!
He is just one example..there are many others...look at all that Paul accomplished!

"Trust in the Lord with ALL of year heart, and do NOT rely on your own insight. In ALL your ways acknowledge Him and He will make straight your paths" Proverbs

Be still and know that He is God!

Like everyone at some point in time or other, I went thru a terrible down time that lasted for a long time. We will never be totally out of the woods while we are living here in this fallen world...but from this down time He has shown me that He is God.

He uses these times to strengthen us and prepare us. He is the Potter and we are the clay.

You all will be in my thoughts and prayers today on the bright sunny day!

For this is the day the Lord has made...let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Marge said...

Donna,
Amen!

diana said...

Alesia, I love that quote too.

And Jim C, I always think of that story in 1 Kings when I think that the Lord isn't speaking to me. I have always only heard Him in the quiet whispering.

I have a praise. I had mentioned that I had quit my job, which I believe that the Lord had blessed us with for a time period but that time is up. I was talking with my DH about going back to school so I can get a teaching degree and have a good (well, an ok!) income for the future. He told me that the children needed me at home, our boys especially right now. That we need to just TRUST IN THE LORD for all of our needs and that I am not to worry about tomorrow because today has enough of it (he was quoting Jesus with that one). I must say, that was the Lord speaking through my DH because my DH generally never talks like that. He is usually the one worried about money and the future. He NEVER quotes scripture and hasn't read the bible in ages. I feel so blessed and taken care of by the Lord.

Jib, I too have felt that way. I have felt like God's judgement will come to America eventually and have felt very different about my country since Obama came to office. I love my country and still think it is better to live here than anywhere else in the world but I am feeling less attached. I am feeling more like a citizen of heaven with each passing day. I know it is true that I am a citizen of heaven but I just FEEL it more now. A disconnect, if you will, with the things of the world. I will pray for mercy in the midst of the Lord's judgement. That through judgement many will repent and that many eyes will be open to the truth of Jesus. That sort of repentance does not come about in the complaceny we have in this country right now.

Diana

campsmore said...

Diana, that's awesome!

campsmore said...

NKorea prepares missiles; South beefs up defenses,

S. Korea to deploy fighter jets if North Korea provokes in Yellow Sea ,

Boo should stop apologising for America, "It is not too late for the president to acknowledge that the time for apologies is over, that the world needs robust American leadership that projects strength and power rather than timidity and weakness."

Boo visits Saudi king,

Egypt invites top Iranian diplomat to Boo speech,

Tough talks on Israel before Mideast speech,

OIC head to listen Boo in Egypt,

Bin Laden threatens Americans in new tape ,

Al Qaeda plotting bio attack on US via Mexico? ,

The most dangerous man in the world, not osama

Israelis growing increasingly anxious about Boo policies,

Boo unexpectedly joins Barak-Jones meeting,

Israel has no plans to attack Iran,

Iran signs gas-field development contract with China,

Iran proposes buying all Azeri gas produced at Caspian field,

Gordon Brown takes hit after hit as resignations pile up,

U.S. Releases Secret Nuclear List by Accident,
"including maps that identify where nuclear weapons fuel is stockpiled, though it contained no information about military nuclear operations."

CSTO to hold large-scale joint military drills in Aug.-Sept,
CSTO is comparable to NATO forces in Europe

Greece could host Russia-NATO meeting in late June,

Gulf member states: Currency union pact to be inked on June 7,

Japan's FM wants single Asian currency,

UN to hold conference on global financial crisis June 24-26,

minister Hosni is front-runner to head Unesco,
UNESCO: UN Educational, Scientific & Cultural Organisation

I am not a racist, says Farouk Hosni ,

jib said...

Thuunda
while I think McTernan has some good things to say I just finished one of his books and I must say he has some interesting notions about who is saved and who is not. He pretty much says in this book that anyone who holds to replacement theology is not actually a true Christian, as well as kingdom now and covenant theology I might add. Also he indicates that unless you believe in the rapture you are not truly saved either.
so I'd be careful

jib said...

I went looking for the verse in Jeremiah where he is commanded by God not to intercede for the nation of Judah and found it fairly early on. read the first 7 chapters of jeremiah-quite illuminating. a few things to point out

1-God at the time He pronounces judgment on Judah also tells the people that if they truly repent He will not judge them
2-God also points out however that He knows that the people are not going to repent. They may act repentant but He who knows the heart knows that it is all a sham and isn't sincere. He tells Jeremiah that they are a people who do not think that judgment is coming for their sin because God will not do as He has said, that the people have not been truly repentant, that the religious leaders bear much of the blame, that the people would rather listen to vain empty words than the word of the Lord and that the people think they can just run into the Temple and be saved without a repentant heart.

These 2 verse pretty much sum things up well
Jer 6:16-17
This is what the Lord says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, 'We will not walk in it.' I appointed watchmen over you and said, 'Listen to the sound of the trumpet!' But you said, 'We will not listen.'

So God's response is this
Jer 7:16
"So do not pray for this people nor offer any plea or petition for them; do not plead with me, for I will not listen to you."


The reason God will not listen is because He knows that the people are not going to change and it is time for judgment.

I also have been feeling less american and more a citizen of heaven. I have been thinking about why I have not gone out of my way to do tea parties and the 912project etc when at one time I would have been right there as a leader. It boils down to this
1-I am actually a citizen of heaven first and a citizen of America second
2-I am also a parent of a young child. my first duty is to raise a citizen of heaven not a citizen of the USA.
3-At this point I feel that if I participate in trying to save my nation I could be gambling with my son's eternal soul. Yes he confessed Christ but he still needs to be taught how to go on as a Christian. we all agree that one of the big problems in the church today is lack of discipleship in what being a Christian is really about. I can really see the state stepping in and taking kids out of homes based solely on political views let alone religious views thus making sure that the kids are more thoroughly indoctrinated by the state in godlessness. If something were to happen let it happen because of my faith and not my politics I guess is what I'm saying. Participating now is not the same as participating in 1776-our cultural is entirely different and the attitudes of our government are entirely different. back then your family would have been given to loyalist family members but the culture was the essenstially the same. our current issues at heart are really cultural and not political-including the massive spending going on in DC right now.

Great Grany 5 said...

CHRISTINE The white African that spoke that "Prophecy" was Kim Clement and he was the one who also prophesied that Obama would be the next president of the USA. He went on to say that God had told him (Kim) that Obama was his chosen person to lead us in the next 4 years. Would not be a Christian when elected but in the middle of his term, God would move dramatically on Obama and bring him to his knees in complete surrender and submission to the Almighty Saving Grace of Jesus Christ.
I heard the whole thing on my internet connection and I couldn't believe my ears. This happened long before the elections. The whole Christian "Prophetic Group" were up in arms over Kim's words and attacks became pretty common. Elijah list is a web site that has the whole prophecy on it. Now we have discussed Kim in the past so this is not an attempt to parade the same all over again. But, here is my take on it: we know that God allowed Israel to have their own king in complete rebellion against God's sovereign authority. They got a can of worms! But along came Little David the worm beater.

We have a country that is being over run by radical thinking and those with no moral character. God has been kicked out of almost every public place and even out of a lot of churches. We have a Feel Good About Ourselves church move going on and the born again, blood bought believers are either keeping very still or joining into the mess. God's word tells us that Judgment WILL BEGIN IN THE HOUSE OF THE LORD!

He is going to clean it up with Holiness and true worship will begin to pour out of the building. The church might have to become one without walls but persecution has always been much more fruitful in spreading the gospel than prosperity. Rich people get fat and lazy but hungry and threatened people become desperate for God's protection and provisions. Death no longer looks evil and anything is better than life without Christ.

Look at the early church and the effect of Jerusalem on Paul's ministry. They all faced the certainty of Roman rule and thereby, death. They prayed when it was the darkest and Peter was released from jail with their prayers. The jailers were saved instead of committing suicide and when they were threatened with prison if they spoke of Jesus and the gospel,they prayed for more boldness to keep on speaking and sharing and seeing salvation take root and grow. Yes, times are dark and there is evil afoot like there has never been before. Not even during WW2 was the evil so pronounced. Mostly, there were spots or strongholds of darkness over various countries but not to the extent it is today. You can feel the darkness trying to take over but we are that which holds it back.

Grany

Great Grany 5 said...

I just want to add this to my comment.

Stop to think about it, for a few minutes at least. The Holy Spirit is not removed from the earth and we know this because there will be those souls saved during the Tribulation. But what is taken out of the world before then is the Church. It is supposed to HOLD BACK EVIL. When we are gone, satan will have his day of power without being withheld except by the two witnesses. He can't touch them until their days have accomplished what God has decreed.

But how do we hold back evil????
By prayers, supplications, and petitions for one thing. We come into agreement with one another and immediately, even though we can't see them or feel them, angels join hands with us to drive back the agents of darkness. If God is in our divine midst then no foe has any power over us. Who is the Holy Spirit? The 3rd person of the Trinity.

There is an old scripture translation that goes something like this "evil only has the power over you that you, yourself, give it". I don't remember where it is but I grew up with that reminder every day of my life. I know it has to be a paraphrased saying but when I worked for a Born again believer in Jesus Christ and also a Psychiatrist in Tulsa, OK. he would remind us of that every day.

So you can't give up, you can't quit and you can't let discouragement take root. YOU CAN'T! and you won't because God isn't going to allow you to. I know! I have tried many times to do just that and believe me, the Holy Spirit knows every wooing tactic there is and he is determined that he will never give up on you. Jeremiah 29:11 says it pretty well "For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome." Amplified Bible. So, God has a goal in mind for each of us.

"When Thy Judgments are in the Earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn Righteousness" (Isaiah 26:9). The reason for judgment is to bring the offenders into awareness of God.

As a Body of Believers, we are brought into correction and judgment with conviction from the Holy Spirit. There is a difference between conviction that comes from God and accusations from Satan. We are supposed to be serving Him everyday in whatever manner God has needs of. We are his hands and feet and the lips that speak out his powerful words. Angels are ministering spirits who respond to God's word!

Grany

Great Grany 5 said...

The word I was looking for that comes from Satan is condemnation. God's Holy Spirit convicts but Satan tries to condemn us. He would destroy our hope in Abba if he could but God said, He will complete in us that which He has begun.

Phil 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."

jib said...

Despondancy or realistic view-likely a fine line in there somewhere.

while I agree Satan does attack us to be despondant at some point one needs to face the facts also and if I am despondant it is because I see that my country that I love is going to be judged (rightfully so) and that those who should be sounding the alarm can't be bothered or insist that those of us who are sounding the alarm are crazy people. Even God weeps when judgment comes because of the people who would not repent and are lost forever. which of us as parents ever takes or took pleasure in disciplining our children. there are times when it just tears me apart to have to discipline our son but I do it because it is necessary to do.

I should however not be despondant over those I know and love who refuse to hear the truth and should redouble my efforts to pray for them. I can not have conversation with many of them because their minds are closed and they have believed vain words

jib said...

Jer 2:35
you say, 'I am innocent; he is not angry with me.' But I will pass judgment on you because you say, 'I have not sinned.'

Jer 6:13-14

"From the least to the greatest, all are greedy for gain; prophets and priests alike, all practice deceit. They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. 'Peace, peace,' they say, when there is no peace.

Jer 7:1-11

This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord:
"Stand at the gate of the Lord's house and there proclaim this message: " 'Hear the word of the Lord, all you people of Judah who come through these gates to worship the Lord. This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Reform your ways and your actions, and I will let you live in this place. Do not trust in deceptive words and say, "This is the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord!" If you really change your ways and your actions and deal with each other justly, if you do not oppress the alien, the fatherless or the widow and do not shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not follow other gods to your own harm then I will let you live in this place, in the land I gave your forefathers for ever and ever. But look, you are trusting in deceptive words that are worthless. " 'Will you steal and murder, commit adultery and perjury, burn incense to Baal and follow other gods you have not known, and then come and stand before me in this house, which bears my Name, and say, "We are safe"--safe to do all these detestable things? Has this house, which bears my Name, become a den of robbers to you? But I have been watching! declares the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Lisa! Sounded like you did great on the post! Someone needed to tell them and G-d chose you! He will watch over you and protect you! Even if you drink Russian kool-aid, He has your back!
Jim C. You have some interesting thoughts on Boo's trip to the Middle East. I guess we will see what happens. Boy, won't they think they have really done something if they accomplish that? The only thing is, whether they admit it or not, Boo's soft stance is helping them. While he wants to "talk" it is buying them time to create more nuclear weapons and infiltrate Mexico so they can launch an attack on us! They may not want him out as bad as they think they do.
Lisa, the food control thing sounds like more depopulation. Can you beleive we're even talking about this? I agree with Thunda. I know we are living in the last days, but it really does seem like the "Twilight zone"! And to think that most people aren't even aware or thinking about what is going on! It's absolutely astounding! Thunda, good to hear from you again! I have a bad feeling too. We have already suffered because of our dealings with Israel. Looks like more is on the way!
Diana, just a thought but, have you ever thought about taking your classes online? I am taking classes online through Phoenix University. They are accredited. I have been dealing with severe back pain for awhile now. I just had a fusion in February. I wouldn't be able to attend a regular college right now. You could learn at home, while you are home with your kids!
Great encouraging posts from everybody! It's great reading and uplifting! Keep up the good work! Grany, I am glad you cleared up who the man was. I don't listen to that much and wasn't familiar with him, nor did I know he had been referred to in former posts. So, How's his fruit?

jib said...

Lisa
I also read your comments and found them quite good. I notice no one has responded to them

Anne said...

I guess we all need to pray as the Lord leads us. I think I've talked about this before, so if I'm repeating myself, sorry.

For about 8-10 years I prayed fervently for our country (the USA) using Daniel 9 as a guide. Sometimes I would go to my church prayer room many days in a row, just to get alone and in a special place (though of course He hears me anywhere). This started before 9/11. Then about 2 years ago I stopped. I don't remember getting an actual "word from the Lord" about it, rather a sense. And the same verse from Jeremiah (about not praying for these people) was bouncing around in my mind somewhere. This, after years of praying and crying out with heartfelt tears.

Now, I feel lead to pray more for mercy on our country in His judgement. I feel what I would call grief, which causes my prayer time to be very painful. I suspect a number of people I love will be lost. Not only that, but I expect horrible pain coming in the future. I see it now in many parts of the world (can you imagine being a Believer in No. Korea?) and knowing that it is coming here to my countrymen causes such sadness because they would not listen, they stopped up their ears.

So, to sum up, I have been lead to pray in a different way than I was 10 years ago.

Anne said...

And now I need some advice. Get out the firehoses! :) I am asking all of you not only because you are my friends but because you are a diverse group, albeit one which loves the Lord.

My unmarried sister (58 yrs old) is in financial trouble, without a job, may lose her home (she was one of those who really should not have gotten a mortgage) and is doing very little...well, nothing to change her plight. She could be homeless in a couple months. She does very, very little to look for a job. Every suggestion given is met with excuses or flat out rejection.

Her 30 year old son lives with her, is also unemployed and does nothing to help. I suspect demonic oppression if not possession. She will not kick him out or insist that he contribute. She is estranged from her daughter due to this dysfunctional atmosphere.

To top it off, she has become a Seventh Day Adventist, though I don't think she has any actual contact with them, she's very reclusive and watches them on TV or the internet.

My question: How should I help her? We have financially helped many times only to see her get into the same mess over and over. I've been feeling that would be a mistake. But, then I read Jim C's link about the Ark and saw this:

Deuteronomy 15:7-11
"If there is a poor man with you, one of your brothers, in any of your towns in your land which Yahweh your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart, nor close your hand from your poor brother; but you shall freely open your hand to him, and shall generously lend him sufficient for his need in whatever he lacks. Beware that there is no base thought in your heart, saying, "The seventh year, the year of remission, is near,' and your eye is hostile toward your poor brother, and you give him nothing; then he may cry to Yahweh against you, and it will be a sin in you. You shall generously give to him, and your heart shall not be grieved when you give to him, because for this thing Yahweh your God will bless you in all your work and in all your undertakings. For the poor will never cease to be in the land; therefore I command you, saying, "You shall freely open your hand to your brother, to your needy and poor in your land.”

Now I wonder what I should do. Any thoughts? I hope to hear from those who are doing ok financially and those who are not.

Sorry for such a long post.

Late Night Lisa said...

Obama declares June 'LGBT Pride Month'In a presidential proclamation on the White House website, Barack Obama has lauded what he calls "the determination and dedication" of the LGBT movement by proclaiming June as "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month."

"The LGBT rights movement has achieved great progress," Obama states in the official proclamation, "but there is more to be done."

(Look at the pole @ the bottom of the article-which had the most votes?)

I agree-this earthy reality has definitely turned into the "Twilight Zone." ESPECIALLY-when you can discern the spiritual warfare going on.

June is the beginning of summer & my daughter's Birthday. Not a month to commemorate a sinful abomination! This is unreal!

And if Kim Clement (Who to me looks like a false prophet)is correct in Obama going on his knees in complete surrender to Christ (in full obedience) comes to pass-then you might as well have the grave dug and ready to throw the dirt on my face because I will immediately die from the shock of it.

Alf Cengia said...

There's a lot of stuff to catch up on here!

Anne, I'm praying for your sister. I don't have any other advice other than to pray.

Keep Praying Until God Answers,

The Power of Prayer ,

HOW TO PRAY,

Lisa, I agree with Jib, that was a good response.

Jim C, also keeping your situation in prayer.

jib said...

Anne

thank you for your input on the matter of our country. Mercy we definitely need however not sure that we will get it because we eventually reap what we sow and God could be rightly accused of being unjust if we also were not punished for our national sins. I mourn for what was (my country) and what should be (the church as a whole)

Regarding your family it's tough when they are capable of doing for themselves and don't. Two thoughts-there is somewhere in scripture that says if you are able bodied you work or you don't eat. not those words precisely but that is intent certainly and it is in the OT as well.

Second, when God commands us to help the poor the sick etc I personally think he means those who are in those straights through no fault of their own-things outside their control.

For those who make bad decisions and then end up in trouble-I'd give them help but would try to make it temporary.

campsmore said...

To all my pizan's

Ti lascio una canzone - O sole mio

campsmore said...

and they're teens

jib said...

Lisa
you'll appreciate then this article which is from McTernan on the whole gay pride month. It is an interesting article.

Late Night Lisa said...

Finally-A Christian movie to see:

The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry

diana said...

Lisa,
Great comments on Mat Rodina's blog. I enjoyed reading them

Diana

jib said...

Lori
wow!

campsmore said...

Anne, I have absolutely no advice other than what Mac said, pray.

Perhaps you could ask her flat out, "What are you going to do when you lose your house?"

See where that leads.

DH and I have struggled financially in most of 25 years, but we are tithing and always expecting God to come through. But there have been times when God has led us to help others, not so much financially, but storing belongings or even taking someone into our home.

Twice we took my mom into our home. The first time she wasn't living for the Lord, and we had to "lay down the law." That's difficult to do with a parent. (I cried a lot)She eventually got fed up with us and our rules, she found another place to live.

After she left the first time, we had to anoint the house with oil, no kidding.

The second time, she was dying of cancer and living for the Lord, totally different scenario. There was an awesome sense of peace the entire time.

So as a family, you have to decide what will be your limit. Paying a mortgage, to be paid back at the sale of the house? Storing belongings? Buying grocery gift cards? Giving her a tent? It's completely up to your whole family as it will affect you all. Personally, I don't think I could take someone under strong demonic influence into my home. That wouldn't be best for my own family.

pray, pray, pray.

Jim G. said...

I just received this from Focus on the Family:

The U.S. Senate to Consider Hate Crimes Legislation Soon

The U.S. Senate is expected to consider S.909 soon--which, if passed, could endanger pastor's freedom of speech rights. The bill would create a new class of crimes based on the actual or perceived traits of the victim, including "sexual orientation" and "gender identity." And your help is needed to stop this bill.

Under "hate-crimes" laws like S.909, pastors could be prosecuted for preaching the biblical view of homosexuality, if a violent crime is committed by an individual who says he or she was influenced by the sermon. Similar laws have been used to prosecute religious speech in some states and in other countries as well.

According to Bruce Hausknecht, judicial analyst at Focus on the Family Action™, "In any given week, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of pastors preaching on God's view of sexuality and marriage, and what the Bible has to say about homosexuality. How many hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of people have heard such sermons? Is it possible that one of those millions of listeners at some point might commit an act of violence against a homosexual person and try to blame it on his pastor's teaching? Of course it is."

By applying existing law, along with this new proposed hate-crimes law, preaching like this could be considered "incitement," which would make the pastor as responsible as the person who actually committed the crime. And that puts pastors in the crosshairs of this hate-crimes bill.

Jim G. said...

CORRECTION:

I received the above from
Focus on the Family Action.

It makes a difference to the feds where it came from;-)

diana said...

Lori,
I have heard my dad sing that song before (he sings opera) what is the song about?? They were great!
Diana

Jim G. said...

They were great but I think it was the lady with the cleavage that caused my wife to ask what I was watching.

campsmore said...

JIm G, she really had huge... eyelashes!

diana said...

JIm G,
That is too funny! Yea, she was hard to miss

D

diana said...

Ok, this is too funny. I showed my 15 year old the opera video. She thought maybe the lady in red was upside down. Meaning, her bottom might have been on her top! :)

campsmore said...

English Translation

What a wonderful thing a sunny day
The serene air after a thunderstorm
The fresh air, and a party is already going on…
What a wonderful thing a sunny day.

But another sun,
that’s brighter still
It’s my own sun
that’s in your face!
The sun, my own sun
It’s in your face!
It’s in your face!

When night comes and the sun has gone down,
I start feeling blue;
I’d stay below your window
When night comes and the sun has gone down.

But another sun,
that’s brighter still
It’s my own sun
that’s in your face!
The sun, my own sun
It’s in your face!
It’s in your face!

campsmore said...

This translation is more accurate:

English translation
What a beautiful thing is a sunny day,
The air is serene after a storm
The air's so fresh that it already feels like a celebration
What a beautiful thing is a sunny day
But another sun,
that's brighter still
It's my own sun
that's upon your face!
The sun, my own sun
It's upon your face!
It's upon your face!
When night comes and the sun has gone down,
I almost start feeling melancholy;
I'd stay below your window
When night comes and the sun has gone down.
But another sun,
that's brighter still
It's my own sun
that's upon your face!
The sun, my own sun
It's upon your face!
It's upon your face!

Jim G. said...

OK. I've wanted to share this for a long time.

When I first was invited to the cave by Overcomer, I was spending a bunch of time reading comments late at night. One person in particular posted frequently. My wife noticed I was reading comments from her all the time.

One night she asked (with some suspicion and jealousy in her voice), "Just who is this Late Nigh Lisa girl?"

Jim G. said...

Make that "Late Night Lisa."

Great Grany 5 said...

It is cold here and this is the first summer I can remember being this way. It is only 69 at 8 p.m. and by this time in the month of June we are living in canned cold air 24/7. Something strange is going on.

JIB, I know the feeling of heart ache over and about our nation plus the fact that it is very difficult to know how to pray when I feel this way. I am totally convinced that the only weapons I have and that God will honor is prayer. I know that as a nation, we have been on a rapid decline for several years but the hopelessness of the times seems to be getting worse and worse. One bad news report right after another and no end in sight. But then you know that is all part of the battle plans of the coming AC. I would like to tell them all to take a hike and give us back our nation and our freedoms but then there is that inner voice that says God's timing. I don't believe I can give up on the prayers right yet and maybe never. But that is an individual conviction and I remember the little preacher that we watched on YouTube telling us not to pray for Obama. His heart was broken because this new president was everything that the pastor believed was evil.

What to do? Pray that God show you and the most important part is not to give up on us all. I was despondent during the campaign and didn't do a very good job of hiding it. My kids voted for the man and it about broke my heart but as the days go on and they begin to see these things he is doing, well they aren't so sure now. It just might be the thing that will cause them to get back to the Lord. As it stands now they are content to have heaven insurance without service except from the wallet.

Well, trying to keep this short as the HTML editor is limiting our characters. Whoopieeee, another control method.

Grany

Great Grany 5 said...

Lisa, you really hit the nail on the head and it touched me deeply. Bravo!
Jeremiah 29 is a very powerful word picture of what God's intents and purposes are for Israel. Listen to what he tells them:
10 “For thus says the Lord: When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will visit you, and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. 13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.

15 “Because you have said, ‘The Lord has raised up prophets for us in Babylon,’ 16 thus says the Lord concerning the king who sits on the throne of David, and concerning all the people who dwell in this city, your kinsmen who did not go out with you into exile: 17 ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, behold, I am sending on them sword, famine, and pestilence, and I will make them like vile figs that are so rotten they cannot be eaten. 18 I will pursue them with sword, famine, and pestilence, and will make them a horror to all the kingdoms of the earth, to be a curse, a terror, a hissing, and a reproach among all the nations where I have driven them, 19 because they did not pay attention to my words, declares the Lord, that I persistently sent to you by my servants the prophets, but you would not listen, declares the Lord.’ 20 Hear the word of the Lord, all you exiles whom I sent away from Jerusalem to Babylon: 21 ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, concerning Ahab the son of Kolaiah and Zedekiah the son of Maaseiah, who are prophesying a lie to you in my name: Behold, I will deliver them into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and he shall strike them down before your eyes. 22 Because of them this curse shall be used by all the exiles from Judah in Babylon: “The Lord make you like Zedekiah and Ahab, whom the king of Babylon roasted in the fire,” 23 because they have done an outrageous thing in Israel, they have committed adultery with their neighbors' wives, and they have spoken in my name lying words that I did not command them. I am the one who knows, and I am witness, declares the Lord.’”
Can you imagine the shock of being called a rotten fig? If they were figs too rotten to be eaten what does God compare us to when we forsake the Gospel in our churches? I have tried to attend a local big denomination church here but I always leave hungry for my Living Word. After receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit nothing else will do but the unadulterated Word. We smile and pat them on the back for taking an hour or two on Sunday morning to get a shower, dress up and walk into a church building and think that is worshiping God when it all just an act. How do I know? Their life! Outside the church.
Oh, come quickly Lord Jesus!

Late Night Lisa said...

Well, Jim G.

I had never thought of my blog name in a "red light" fashion.

Funny!

If anyone feels in the mood to watch our pastor's son preach-a couple weeks ago he presented a really great message. His name is Daniel Bentley & he feels led to pack up & take his family to Denver,CO & start up a new Church.
They are leaving at the end of June.Rich Young Ruler

*Some "uproar" verses I ran across:

Psalm 83:2 "For behold, Your enemies make an uproar, And those who hate You have exalted themselves."

Psalm 2:1 Why are the nations in an uproar And the peoples devising a vain thing?

Psalm 81:15 "Those who hate the LORD would pretend obedience to Him, And their time of punishment would be forever."

Late Night Lisa said...

If you have a chance J.R. Church is reading from Ezekiel 40 in regards to the Temple Mount & shows that the Jews will set up a "Tabernacle" for Sacrifices. (Not a major permanent structure.)Really interesting-Wed-update so it won't be up long.

Prophecy in the News

jim.carroll said...

Grany, Shalom! I know what you mean about it being cooler, but I'm going to take my blessings where I can find them! I went from a utility bill of about $120/month in winter down to $55 this last month. Since my electric usage hasn't changed that much that's all in gas heating. I'll have another spike come July and August for my air conditioning (right now that's what comes to mind when I see "AC"!), so any long cool spells are welcome!

I want to thank you all for your prayers for the last few days. I'm up this late because my daughter is writing (supposed to be, anyway) her letter to appeal her suspension. While she was doing that, I was going through some mail from the past week, and found a statement from the bank where my inheritance from my Dad has been lazing about at 2% interest. It turns out that if I close the account I'll have enough to pay rent for two more months. This is a big burden off my shoulders. It just occured to me that maybe G_D is having me clear out my savings, since the money in there might not be worth anything soon. We shall see.

Anne, as for your sister, one thing to remember is that the aid you give them does not have to be financial. Remember the parable of the workers in the vineyard. The owner kept going back to the village square looking for workers. Towards the end of the day he still found some men looking for work. When he asked them why they weren't working, they replied that no one had hired them; so HE hired them. They weren't not working because they were lazy, but through no fault of their own.

In the case of your sister and her son, you don't say if there is any other family around to help except yours. If there is, you should attempt to get them all united for an intervention. This would include her daughter. Decide among yourselves what you are willing to do to help her and her son, and what steps or actions you will require from her for this help. Then sit her and her son down and explain the situation, what you as a family will do, and WHY you are doing what you are (or will not) do to help her; and what she has to do to help herself, even if it involves going on disability of some sort.

If she refuses, make sure to keep the options open in case she changes her mind, but otherwise you can't provide any more financial help. The rules about helping your kinsman were not just about acting with love and compassion. If your kinsman became TOO destitute, he may wind up selling his land, his property, and his family (including himself) to a Gentile. This would usually mean the loss of this family -- they would be forced to adopt pagan ways and pagan gods.

It may be that your sister and nephew have already sold themselves to pagan gods. If this is the case then all you can do is provide the help when they want to free themselves. But don't provide the help if they don't want the freedom, lest your own family's freedome be lost, too.

<><

Alf Cengia said...

The Strange Teachings of Muhammad

campsmore said...

The J. R. Church study is excellent,

Thanks for posting

jib said...

very interesting article

Apocalypse Sun

Anne said...

Thanks to all of you for your prayers for my sister, and also for your advice. I will ponder all comments and pray for guidance. The intervention (Jim C) might be the best bet if all of her loved ones can get on the same page for "a pair of minutes" (favorite saying of Beth Moore).

I will let you know if/when there is something to report.

jeri from SA said...

FALL OF BABYLON - a VISION
-by Darren Smith. (1 Jun 09).

The Lord kept me up most of the night bringing a word for me to
share and to share now. Many times I wait until I have prayed over
what I hear in my spirit, but I can't wait to send this word out.       

Last night while praying before I went to bed, The Lord gave me a
vision that really rattled me. In the vision I saw this land split into
four parts with each one under its own flag. Each region had terrible
destruction and many people were dead. As I looked over the
destruction I was crying and the Lord asked me, "Why are you
crying over the fall of Babylon? As a matter of fact, why have you
been praying for the healing of Babylon?"

In this vision I didn't have an answer and the Lord opened a scroll
and started reading off the indictments against our country, but
before each one he clearly called the USA Babylon.       

The list was long and to the point, with such points as the killing
of several generations of unborn children. Beside this charge He
added that these babies had been sacrificed to the god of self. The
list also included greed, idolatry, pride, fornication, and many others,
so many I could not even read them all.   

As I looked at the list of charges I was overwhelmed and broken
by the fact that we live every day in a nation that is so far removed
from God and in total opposition to the Kingdom of God, yet we are
comfortable here. We have become just like Lot living in Sodom,
the prosperity that the nation offers us has blinded us from the evil
that rules this land. We complain about how bad it is but still stay
attached to it with every ounce of strength we have.       

The Lord told me to look at the nation as He sees it, not through
my eyes but through His. I could not look too long before I had to
agree and repent of loving Babylon. Once I repented the Lord told
me to prepare for the fall as time is running out. I must preach the
Gospel of The Kingdom not the Gospel of America.  America is
already judged, the time of shaking is now and will increase rapidly
this summer. Water shortages and food shortages will become
common this summer, as well as fuel shortages. Civil unrest will
become common place in large cities first but will spill over into
the rural areas as well.       

Natural disasters will stretch the resources of the nation to the
breaking point and the government will use this to take freedom
away. Brothers up north take note, you will see this start to happen
quickly. Please seek the Lord for direction as you are out of time. 
The west coast will see this soon as well, please prepare.       

In this vision there was a great wasteland that appeared to be in
the center of the nation where everything was wiped out and I saw
masses of people wandering without direction. They were dirty and
ragged, almost dead and there was no relief in sight.  Most of you
reading this think I'm crazy I'm sure, but I must be faithful to share
what I'm given to share.       

The Lord told me to cry from the mountain tops to repent and seek
the Lord now!! We don't have any more time to seek after the things
of this world. He has also given me teaching to prepare people to
pass through this time of shaking into the Kingdom and I must be
faithful to preach this word anywhere I have an open door.  

If you want to hear this word please contact me to set up times
and places, but again I must warn you, we are running out of time.  
We must stop living like we have all the time in the world.  We
must stop crying over the fall of Babylon and press into the Kingdom.

-Darren Smith - EMAIL -
streetscapeministries@yahoo.com

jeri from SA said...

My Brothers and Sisters in Christ don't ever stop praying!!

Jib and others this could be your answer. After reading this Yellowstone Park and the super volcano came to mind.

God Bless you and keep you.

The above e-mail arrived and I had to paste and send on. Here is the first bit, it would not go through:
NOTE: Darren Smith is one of the soundest preachers that I know
in America - which is why I think we should give close attention to
this word. He runs a ministry to the homeless in Texas. The only
question I have is the "timing" for some of it - because I know the
"urgency" and sense of 'imminence' that often comes with these
kinds of prophecies. Darren says he feels that some things begin
"this summer". Either way, it is a very important word from a very
credible source. -One to be noted and heeded concerning what lies ahead-

campsmore said...

Flipping the channel to find weather, I hit The View where they are currently talking about "the end of times."

campsmore said...

They didn't stay on topic long

campsmore said...

US: No permanent U.S. presence in Afghanistan,

Full text of Cairo address,

Iran: Speech can't change US image,

Muslim Activist Warns of 'Unholy Alliance' ,

Iran seen attending G8 talks on Afghanistan,

Bin Laden calls for long war against "infidels" ,

Russia, EU could complete WTO talks by year-end,

Micro-wave missiles: High-Energy Weapons in the Air Force,

Australian defence minister resigns,

campsmore said...

As I was lying in bed the other night, I was thinking about when God is going to give Jesus the signal to come and get us. Many refer to it as the "time of the Gentiles coming to an end."

God knows exactly how many people are going to come to Christ before that time is fulfilled.

Doesn't that mean that the very last person to receive Christ will see Him almost immediately after making that decision in his heart.

If so, can you imagine this person? One second conviction, his mind made up to follow Christ and then... whoosh! Suddenly raptured with us all to live forever with Christ.

Homeward Bound said...

Post of interest today here:

http://spiritofezekiel.wordpress.com/

campsmore said...

I got spammed by the White House. I received an email from "his" Senior Advisor, David Axelrod a few minutes ago, lauding his accomplishments in the speech.

I promptly hit the "report spam" button on my gmail account.

Late Night Lisa said...

(I don't know if this is useful for anything-but here is a list of quotes.)

Holocaust-denial and anti-Israel statements by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad:

• “The identity of the liberal democracy has been exposed to the world by its protection of the most criminal regime in the history of humanity, the Zionist regime, by using the big deception of the Holocaust.” [12] (June 3, 2009)

• ”The West has created a situation of false pity for itself and is using it to oppress other nations… We attacked the issue of the Holocaust and even they didn’t believe such a thing occurred, because we attacked their main weak point.” [13] (May 28, 2009)

• "A brief review of the events after World War II shows that the Holocaust issue - with the dimensions they define for it - is an excuse to continue dominance and expansion of influence of the victors, especially America and Britain in the international arena." [14] (Jan. 28, 2009)

• "After the Second World War, they created a scenario called 'pogrom against Jews.' All over Europe and the countries under Western rule, an anti-Jewish movement has been concocted. The climate of propaganda and psychological warfare on the one hand and on the other hand using the issue of ovens burning human beings, they have concocted a myth of deprivation and innocence for the Jews of Europe. They use this pretext of the innocence of Jews and the suffering of some Jews during the Second World War. Riding on the crest of a wave of anti-Jewish sentiments, they have laid the foundations for the Zionist regime." [15] (Oct. 5, 2007)

• "Israel is destined for destruction and will soon disappear." Israel is "a contradiction to nature, we foresee its rapid disappearance and destruction." [16] (Nov. 13, 2006)

• "Some European countries insist on saying that Hitler killed millions of innocent Jews in furnaces.... Although we don't accept this claim, if we suppose it is true, our question for the Europeans is: Is the killing of innocent Jewish people by Hitler the reason for their support to the occupiers of Jerusalem? If the Europeans are honest they should give some of their provinces in Europe -- like in Germany, Austria or other countries -- to the Zionists and the Zionists can establish their state in Europe." [17] (Dec. 8, 2005)

• "Israel must be wiped off the map … The establishment of a Zionist regime was a move by the world oppressor against the Islamic world [...].“ [18] (Oct. 26, 2005)

Anonymous said...

Campsmore, I love your vision about the last soul saved! I wish I could witness that!
Anne, will be praying for your sister and her family. Instead of just giving her money, why not "employ" her and her daughter? They can babysit, clean house, drive children to things they are doing. I would find that much easier to take than someone just handing me money. Maybe it would help instill a little confidence in being able to find a job? Just a thought.
All the posts are so great! I will be sending jeri's vision out to my email list. It's funny, I have seen this before, about America being divided up. When I told someone else about it, they scoffed. Apparently, there are several people with the same mind!
Jim C. I am preparing to write my appeal. Pray for me! Without retraining (education) and G-ds help, I won't be able to work again! I pray your daughter will get her appeal approved! I talked with someone who works in this area, and they said the appeal is usually approved.
I am keeping everyone in my prayers!

jib said...

Jeri
interesting post and I would agree with some of it except that I don't think the Babylon of Revelation happens to be the US. the other however is entirely possible with the shenanigans that BOO and his ilk are doing with Israel and McTernan made a good point in one of the things I read that there is a difference in a society when perversion is practiced vs when it becomes so accepted laws for it are put into place. I think with the number of states putting gay marriage or civil unions on the books thus making practice law the fullness of our time for judgment may be a lot sooner than people think.

if I were a betting person however I would say nukes or biologic weapons. Beck showed video clips of some high rnaking Al Qaeda member taking about bringing a suitcase with 4 pounds of anthrax through our southern border with Mexico and releasing it into various cities. They estimate that 300k+ would die.

also people keep saying that N Korea's missiles can't reach the US from there. They don't have to-Iran very clearly demonstrated awhile back they can be launched off of small floating platforms. Since the two are in bed together it isn't that far fetched to think that Iran could supply the missiles and N korea the nukes.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I think your list of comments against Israel is very pertinent! Looking at, not only how many times "I'm in a Jihad" has denied the holocaust, but also how many times he has called for the destruction of Israel,makes me wonder where Boo thinks he's going by allowing them "nuclear power." I know it's already been said but, with all of the oil and natural gas they're sitting on, nuclear power isn't needed. They need to spend the money on their energy sources and their poor, rather than weapons of war. Their countries would see much improvement in their quality of life if they would do that. However, their poor will remain poor because they spend their money on weapons and the intended destruction of Israel.

Jim G. said...

Jib,

You wrote:
also people keep saying that N Korea's missiles can't reach the US from there. They don't have to-Iran very clearly demonstrated awhile back they can be launched off of small floating platforms. Since the two are in bed together it isn't that far fetched to think that Iran could supply the missiles and N korea the nukes..

Did you read Joel's book Dead Heat?

That was the scenario he laid out in Dead Heat...Nukes launched from boats against the US.

jib said...

Jim G
yes although I may have to go back and re-read it given recent events. i actually had started rereading the whole series, got to copper scroll and got side tracked by a different book :-) I have several books going at this point one of which i really need to finish since I have volunteered to teach a sunday school class based on it.

another book I have going which I am finding a little spooky is Liberal Fascism by Jonah Goldberg. I HIGHLY recommend this book if you want to know how we got to the point we are at today. Although I am reading about the early teens and 20's of the last century it's rather like reading a newspaper from today. It comes out in paperback either today or yesterday.

Anne said...

Homeward Bound, I have been watching Jan Meador (Spirit of Ezekiel) for some months. I don't know anything about her, is she reliable? I see that a number of her visions/dreams have been fulfilled, others are downright frightening. Does anyone know much about her? Interesting post today, especially considering our recent topics of discussion.

About my sister, again thank you for so many suggestions. Some things we've tried in the past and recently include offering work. I was just about to write more but I could see that I'm bordering on gossip and a critical spirit. So, I will stop with that.

Anne said...

I agree about Liberal Fascism, though I haven't finished it and put it down a couple months ago to read other things. Sigh, so much to read, so little time.

If you don't want to invest so much time, a slightly shorter but still excellent book is Gene Edward Veith's Modern Fascism, 187 pages compared to 272 in Goldberg's. Although it was written in 1993 I think it gives a very good basic understanding of fascism which is misunderstood by almost everyone.

Jim G. said...

I saw Jonah Goldberg on C-SPAN talking about his book Liberal Fascism (a month or two ago). His talk was excellent.

Late Night Lisa said...

I tested the waters today with the "FALL OF BABYLON - a VISION".

One of my friends who's originally from Germany belongs to an Episcopal Church. She was a biologist/scientist pre-kids & more along the lines of an evolutionist.

Her son just went through the whole shebang to perform his 1st communion. She is really into the "tradition" of it all since it reminds her of her childhood in Germany.

She now tells the story that the Church was really packed and it was difficult to see as she was trying to video tape the event. In the middle of the ceremony her son started snacking on the Communion wafers. (Now that cracks me up to no end! Jim C.-you can pick up your jaw off the floor now.)

So when I gave her the "Babylon Vision" the reaction was really kind of "America" defensive in posture. Coming from Germany she really appreciates the "freedom" here & isn't that what this country is all about? In a sense-why would God be critical and judge us?

I mentioned we should be looking to the Kingdom of God ahead of our appreciation for our Country.

She also brought up that a friend of theirs (who I take may have been more of an evangelical type) was worked up about the yr. 2000 doomsday scenario.

So I just said three things. Either the prophets/seers are completely delusional. A Satanic spirit has shown them these things & is false. OR- God is really speaking & communicating though them & it will happen.

So I just left it as-if you see these things begin to happen then you'll know & why don't you personally ask God to show you now? (No reply to that one.)

She agreed that if they transpire then she'll definitely know she was wrong & they were right.

We went onto have a nice time but so many people are just into the tradition of Christianity & do not have a personal relationship w/Jesus.

Then my other friend who is a Christian & attends our Church replied-"Well, it's always been like this." (She's a prayer warrior type.)

I just mentioned that yes- but the acceleration has really picked up in the past couple years. She did agree w/that.

Jib,

I wasn't sure about the title of "Babylon". That the U.S. would be THE Babylon of Revelation? Or if a country who falls into moral decay & reflects this into the laws of that Country can also be referred to as Babylon. So more of a title in reference.

Jim G. said...

Salem, OR is experiening the craziees weather right now. Unbelievable wind and rain. Light thunderstorms were predicted but this is BIG!!!

I don't think I've ever seen anything quite this strong before.

Jim G. said...

craziest

Late Night Lisa said...

Twenty UFOs Spotted Flying in Formation Over England Hot off the Press.

Grace said...

Jim G.,

I live in Washougal Wa, just right across the bridge from Portland and it is headed our way. I was in here to turn off the computer.... :)

I heard it was wild!

Grace

Late Night Lisa said...

Radar Map of Portland Area Looks like a TN type storm from the radar.

I do not miss that AT ALL. I admit it. You've got a giant wimp here.

Late Night Lisa said...

Analysis: Obama's Islam success rests on Israel

Jen said...

Hi everyone,
I wanted to share some news I got today from the endocrinologist regarding my thyroid surgery last week. I'll have a detailed meeting with her next week, but she told me that the biopsy report does show that cancer was present in the removed part of the gland, with a larger piece in the left lobe and some minute findings in the right. It's a papillary cell type which is the slowest growing and easiest to treat. I'll be going through an iodine radiation treatments in July followed by more tests to make sure all traces of the cancer have been removed/burned out. After that, I'll be on a dose of Synthroid that keeps me just slightly hyper-thyroidic which is another way to keep the tissue from growing.
While I can't say that I was prepared for the news, I have been amazingly calm and peaceful all day and am approaching this latest twist with high confidence in the Lord and His promises concerning my health and restoration. In fact, the first thing I said when I got the news was, "I never thought I'd be a cancer survivor at age 35." I later thought about that comment and realized I'm already in the mindset of being an overcomer. So things are off to a good start and I'm actually excited to see how the Lord's name will be praised in the process. I can see how this will open the door to sharing my faith with those that I haven't yet had the right reason to do so (relatives, neighbors, etc.)
I'll be happy to post any significant updates, if anyone is interested in hearing the latest.
I'd appreciate prayers for a smooth journey for the whole family over the next several months.

Blessings,
Jen

Alf Cengia said...

Jen, keeping you in prayer.

Jim G. said...

Jen,

"May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24

"And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you." Romans 8:11

"Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven."
James 5:13-15

Jim G. said...

Emergen[t]cy - Is the Emergent Church "Orthodox"? (I Said "Orthodox" Because Even This Term Bugs "Them")

These posters address some of the emergent church "stuff" with a humorous sting.
Motivational Posters for the Post-Evangelical Chaos

campsmore said...

Jen, keeping you in prayer

Jim G. those poster things are so dead on in much of today's churchy culture which has nothing to do with God. Good site. Notice the creator gives permission to use them.

Jim G. said...

I'm taking some time this morning to spend some time with my pastor in order to get to know him more personally and for him to get to know me better. I'd like to share with him my heart for ministry.

Please pray for our time together that the Lord would be with us and bless our conversation and make it fruitful. We had a guest speaker come last weekend. Our pastor introduced him via video (since our pastor was out of town).

I had today's meeting scheduled long before this guest speaker spoke at our church. Anyway, the speaker was very entertaining and a great communicator with some really good stories and a few good nuggets of truth sprinkled throughout the "sermon."

I was curious to learn more about this guy. His name is AJ Swoboda.
So, I found that he has a blog.

He's a big fan of emergent church stuff!!! I feel like our pastor let a wolf in dressed in sheep's clothing. AJ knew his audience so I think he was careful not to introduce to much controversial stuff into the "sermon" he gave.

Anyway, I definitely think I should talk to my pastor about my concerns.

Here's AJ's website.
AJ Swoboda’s Blog -- www.blahguy.com.

Not all is is bad or heresy. But some of the stuff he says, he links to, and the people and blogs he likes are simply heretical and or foolish.

AJ will be planting a new church in Portland soon.

Alesia said...

THANK YOU, FATHER, for the promises in your word. May they be incentives for me to continue in prayer so that your will may be accomplished and your kingdom will come in my life, family, nation, and world. Holy Spirit, thank you for dwelling within me and for filling me with your power. Let my prayers be pleasing to you, Father, as your Spirit leads me in praying in light of your promises.

Marge said...

Alesia,
Amen!

jeri from SA said...

Jen,
With that positive out look cancer will not get you down. Trust in The Lord and learn from what He is teaching you.

Maybe to be a positive Christian example to those around you. I pray that your whole family will come around you, the children and DH. Don't forget as much as it was a shock for you so it was for DH and the kids. Be patient and positive. I will being holding you all up in prayer. May The Dear Father bless you and keep you all.

Yours in Christ
jeri

PS. It is over a year since Adi was diagnosed and she is still fine and very positive, so keep smiling!

jib said...

Jeri
congrats on Adi's excellent 1 year anniversary!

Jen
That is good news and a great attitude. Attitude counts for more than you think. I've seen people with small disease and bad attitudes do very poorly when they should do very well and people with major disease and good attitudes do very well when they should do very poorly. The heart of a person and in a Christian's life faith of a person has a huge impact on how well they do. God is, always has been and always will be in charge of your healing

Late Night Lisa said...

A Bible Study That May Shock You! LOST FOUNDATIONS OF THE GOSPEL
Andrew Strom just sent this out & would love to hear feedback.

campsmore said...

Analyst says new NKorean missile pad is ready,

US to go for own sanctions on North Korea ,

Far-right wing activists launch anti-boo campaign,
"your problem isn't with Prime Minister Netanyahu, nor is it with the People of Israel. Your problem, Mr. President, is with the almighty God of Israel!"

New Outpost Named “Obama Hilltop”,

Right shocked by Boo's comparison of Palestinians' plight to Holocaust,

Boo Wants PA State, PA Majority Sees No Fatah-Hamas Unity,

Sarkozy tells Iran to seize N-talks or suffer,

Ahmadinejad: Iran, Nuclear Power Ready to Participate in Running the World,

Moscow concerned by nuclear proliferation - Medvedev ,

World's Nuclear Club,

Ahmadinejad Wants U.S. to Apologize for Its Long-Ago Role in Iran Coup,

Iran cleric: U.S. must stop support of Israel to improve ties,

US to send military to Syria,

Boo keeps leaders at arm's length on Europe trip,

'Birthers' take eligibility battle to next level ,

He's not a messiah ,
"Only a messiah would be able to secure all these objectives in the course of one term in office."

Heterosexual Pride Month,

Items found, not from Air France plane,

Ukrainian parliament dismisses defense minister,

Guinea-Bissau minister killed,

Dagestan's interior minister killed in attack,

Police conclude SKorea former president, Roh's death was suicide,
Oddly enough, they don't mention how his body guard was present at his death

Late Night Lisa said...

Jim G.

Oh no! Not your Church now. Don't be surprised if your pastor takes a defensive stance but know the Holy Spirit always works for the truth. Praise the Lord you're there & have taken the time to find out who this "invited" person was.

How many people do you think would take the additional time to be a beuren on this? And you would think the 1st person would be the pastor of the flock.

Lighthouse Research has been keeping up on "Calvary" & posted that some of them are also inviting some of these emergent type speakers as well.

I can attest to that from the TN Church experience. It just hadn't crept into the sermons @ that point but what's the difference if you're passing out the books like popcorn? Seeds are being planted in the minds regardless.

Our CA Pastor-Ray had stated some words @ the Wednesday evening Bible study called “How the Kingdom Prevails!”. I’ll paraphrase what he said:

Jesus says there will be leaven-or false teaching that will creep into the Church. Just because it says “Church” or just because it has the “outward form of Religion” does no necessarily mean it has the bread of life. He says it’s going to be that way until I come again.

Wherever you go or whatever community you belong to that the Word of God is first & foremost. That the word of God has a HIGH value. The bible is the Word of God & is breathed and God inspired. The way many treat the Bible reflects that they don’t really BELIEVE the Bible. It looks religious and feels religious but they have taken out the very Word of God of TRUTH.

God breathed His word and reveals Himself through His word. The character of God is revealed though His word. Make sure that where you go: That from Genesis through Revelation it is talking about Jesus.

Psalm 138:2 “I have exalted My Word above My Name.”

The Holy Spirit will always point to Jesus.

There were more nuggets in his speech on the Word. If you would like to hear it it’s ¾ of the way into the sermon. How the Kingdom Prevails

Late Night Lisa said...

Lori,

From;"Obama not Messiah."

"..members of Egypt’s largest minority, the Christian Copts, were wary of Obama because of his father’s Muslim descent. Yet once it turned out that he is paying his respects to Egypt, they were reassured: National honor is very important to the Copts, no less so than to the Muslims."

This past week I've been shown how "Nationalism" can blind people. When it's placed above God's Kingdom it spells trouble. It comes from PRIDE & distorts spiritual truth.

jib said...

Lisa
One of the things I have learned from the Liberal Fascism book is that oddly enough Nationalism was very much a part of the progressive movement in the early part of the 20th century. These folks were both very militaristic and nationalistic. Nationalistic in the sense that the state knows what's best for the people not nationalistic in the sense that our country is better than yours. Some nationalism should be more correctly called statism.

the book is quite eerie in that while I am obviously reading about the first part of the 20th century it is like reading the headlines of today's paper. It is also giving me new insight I think into the coming one world government and the AC. They beginnings of both will be the "nice" fascism-ie government knows best for everyone later it will become the not so nice fascism that everybody thinks of when they think of fascism. Reading some of the comments of the earlier fascists is a bit at times like reading Revelation. I find myself saying-"oh, so that's how it's going to work" or "you can't be serious, this stuff has been going on how long???"

jib said...

we've discussed this a little bit already but thought this commentary was worth posting
Coincidence or Providence

btw-the article that Lisa posted about the emergent church was well worth reading.

jib said...

American Muslim activist says BOO missing the point and Iran is a real threat to Israel and speaking in Egypt is a mistake this guy lives up in the Phoenix area and strikes me as the kind of guy who will end up converting to Christianity after Gog and Magog although it is also easy to see that if the majority of Muslims in the world after Ps 83 and especially Gog and Magog are this moderate then if they don't convert to Christianity they will have no real issues with a one world religion either

jib said...

AZ Bishop fined for church bells and ringing of bells is restricted. you know it's not like these people didn't know that the church rang the bells when they moved in. I can understand why the bells could be annoying but as recently noted by the whole need a permit for Bible study thing this could be the back door into something we just don't know about.

Late Night Lisa said...

Jib, Did I post it or was it Jim G?

Today I was speaking w/one of my former interns. She contacted me out of the blue to return some fabric samples.

She lives nearby & is just coming to terms from the sudden death of her husband a couple years ago. They had built a large home to suit themselves (no kids) and it wasn't even finished before he died. It's too big for just her alone so she's preparing to sell it & downsize. I think she’s in her 50’s-60’s.

Anyway, after some visiting I discovered that she's an atheist & doesn't even believe a God exists.

When I asked her where we came from she mentioned evolving over millions of years from green gue. I asked her how our wonderful bodies are formed from nothing & she just said “I don’t know.”

She has been presented the gospel by others in the past but just doesn't "believe it."

She mentioned how many various Christian religious denominations there are & that they can't even agree on things. Some of the people who have spoken with her before have had a self-righteous attitude & that also doesn't sit right w/her. Then she says: “Even the Mormons can’t convert me.” I laughed & told her that they can’t ever convert me either.”

I assured her that there are sincere Christians who are more than just "religious" & follow Jesus & the Bible. But-1st of all is the issue of Darwin & that his theories are un-provable & false. I understood why she doesn't believe in God because she follows that train of thought.

I asked her if she would at least be willing to take a look at a book which I read that proves these Darwinian theories which are shoved down our throats are false.

She said it can't hurt to look at the book even if she remains unconvinced. She'll skim over it & at least try to see the "other view" of things. (It is a "Young Earth Creation" book published though Answers in Genesis. More of a scientific book w/lots of color pictures & charts. Looks like a geography book you'd have in college.)

So I sent her away w/the book. She's lonely & looking to clubs & other things to fill the void right now. (Oh-if she would only find Jesus!) So please pray for "Judy".

Great Grany 5 said...

Jen, my prayers and faith in God's word are with you, 24/7/365. That Abba will wake me up when you are down and he will lift you up because he loves you. Just remember, the Name of Jesus is above all names, that includes cancer. The Word tells us that all other names have to bow at His name.

Having exalted the name of Jesus before the Jewish rulers, the apostle Peter concluded, "...nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12). Years later, the apostle Paul, having spoken of Jesus' death on our account to the Philippian brethren, penned, "Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:9-11)."

Remember also Jen, Satan is the father of lies and there is no truth in him.

Love you and praying diligently for you.

Grany

Late Night Lisa said...

Obama's give-and-take dealThe American president personally pledged to end the Israeli occupation, facilitate the establishment of a Palestinian state, and support a Jerusalem that will be accessible to members of all faiths.

(I realize "Cutting Edge" may be somewhat controversial but this is a point worth considering)

"Furthermore, I am intrigued by the last phrase of this paragraph, above. President Obama stated his determination to "support a Jerusalem that will be accessible to members of all faiths". I heard this goal enunciated personally in August, 1991, when I was sneaked into a House of Theosophy meeting by a member who had become Born Again only weeks earlier, but had not yet renounced his membership in that occult secret society. The New England Director wanted to share some important new decisions which the Illuminati had just made.

One of these decisions revolved around creating a special area in Jerusalem for members of all monotheistic faiths -- Islam, Judaism, and Christianity -- so they could worship at a combination worship center! Listen:

"Sometime between 1985-2010, the following scenario will unfold, depending only on the right set of circumstances: Moslem and Jewish areas in Jerusalem will be combined with Christian to create the New Jerusalem Covenant ... Then, and only then, will it be possible to build a combination Temple/Church/Mosque in Jerusalem ... At the proper moment in history, the Pope will visit the combined Jewish/Christian/Moslem sector of Jerusalem to announce that all religions should be combined into one. This action will then finally break the Middle East logjam."

Therefore, President Obama is merely reiterating this part of the Illuminati Plan, which had been created in early, 1991! He fully intends to support a Jerusalem which is "accessible to members of all faiths". The combination Temple/Church/Mosque in Jerusalem will be built as the major symbol of this newly created section of Jerusalem. This statement proves that Obama is merely following the Illuminati Plan."

Late Night Lisa said...

Oh Boy-you have to take a look at this picture. Looks like Obama being crowned the Anti-Christ by the Muslims. I know,I know. Not PC & a sarcastic comment.http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1244035002248&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull">Analysis: What Obama failed to understand, or refused to publicly identify. But I do wonder if they haven't hexed the thing w/spiritual vibes or something.

campsmore said...

Lisa,

Also, take into consideration the "self appointed" pastor... Tony Blair,

The Tony Blair Faith Foundation aims to promote respect and understanding about the world's major religions and show how faith is a powerful force for good in the modern world....

The Tony Blair Faith Foundation is a response to these opportunities and challenges. We will use the full power of modern communications to support and step up efforts at every level to educate, inform and develop understanding about the different faiths and between them.


He's moved to Jerusalem

An identity crisis for Blair: Former PM describes Jerusalem as 'home' ,

jib said...

Lisa

while that might or might not be true (and there is already a temple in Jerusalem that fulfills the universal religion building and that is the Ba'Hai temple) the fly in the ointment is the fact that the Jewish Temple will be just that-only for Jews. With all the work going into assuring that the vessels and garments and such are kosher according to the Bible I don't see them agreeing to a pan worship center for all faiths. nor will the muslims for that matter. keep in mind that the dome of the rock currently sits over what is supposed to be the holy of holys and todays orthodox rabbi's won't allow their orthodox congregants go up to the Temple mount because it isn't currently kosher and they don't want them to inadvertently step on a site which might be the holy of holys just in case the site is not actually in the dome of the rock let's also not forget that the Pope also doesn't even represent all of the Christian churches that are in Jerusalem-I don't see the Russian Orthodox, Greek orthodox or any other orthodox church having much of anything to do with what the Pope says but Jim C could better speak to that.

campsmore said...

Bush got the same bling in 2008,

campsmore said...

I hope he doesn't feel too unspecial by that knowledge.

campsmore said...

Yeah Jib, I cannot really see those 3 groups worshipping in the same center, they can't even eat a meal together.

Late Night Lisa said...

Jib,

So far "personally" this is all I can gather in regards to the Temple Mount.

The "one world religion" I think will be implemented by the Anti-Christ after he's done w/the false religious system. (Whatever that ends up being.)

The Catholic Church will be instrumental in some fashion-we can only guess @ this point.

Bahia-obviously isn't it. Prophecy in the News speaks quite a bit of the "outer" & "inner" court & a wall dividing the temple mount. If you watched that particular show the other day-they mention that there will be a tabernacle for the Jewish people on the mount as they read in Ezekiel. So I don't think the all-in-one religion will happen until the AC takes the reigns. However; there may be an area for all faiths to worship as they please. So the Islam/Judaism/ Christianity areas are not out of the question.

What I find intriguing in the Cutting Edge article is the mention of the House of Theosophy and how Obama is now parroting the same agenda. (Also-as we know the same w/Tony Blair.)

So where did Tony Blair get this drive & idea to implement this particular "inter-faith" plan? Why is Obama driving for the same things? Could Blair somehow also be influenced by the House of Theosophy?

Now that led me on another chase & I think the answer to that may be affirmative. Blair is a member of the Fabian Society.

"The Fabian Society is a British intellectual socialist movement, whose purpose is to advance the principles of Social democracy via gradualist and reformist, rather than revolutionary means. "

Could some underlying spiritual force be driving both the House of Theosophy & the Fabian Society?

Great UTUBE Video-World Communitarianism & the Fabian Society

Here is a blog that shows a connecting trail between this society/secrete societies & the occult.
J K Rowling, Gordon Brown and Spooky People

"Fabian Society members often moonlighted as members of neo-pagan cults, like The Theosophical Society and The Hermetic Order of The Golden Dawn."

(The Fabian "Emblem" is a Wolf in Sheep's Clothing w/an F.S.)

Listen and at about 3/4 of this Utube video you will hear the "echo" of Tony Blair's beliefs. Think of when he told the Pope it's time to update his views on homosexuals.

If you want to get a feel about this Theosophis group you can read a news letter they posted last summer.The Aquarian Theosophiis They speak alot about these "Masters" & higher knoweldge.

The Three Objects and Philosophy of the Society. This is a main website for the Society.

theosophy-Skeptics Dictionary
"It is not an easy life, pursuing the path of the mahatmas and the Ancient Wisdom, striving to unite all humankind into a Great Brotherhood of spiritually evolved beings with secret knowledge of such great vacation spots for astrals as Atlantis. "

**It's the Luciferian endgame converging before our very eyes. And in Satan's mind-he has a plan & thinks he's going to somehow outmaneuver God.

Jen said...

Afternoon, all!

Anyone read Stan Goodenough's article at Bible Prophesy Today? I thought it was 100% on target
(about Boo's speech at Buchenwald and how even Elie Wiesel has been taken in with his promises to unite the various sides and bring peace).
http://bible-prophecy-today.blogspot.com/
I wonder how quickly things will move now that these statements have been made and plans for the 'solution' are being implemented.

Thank you for all the good Words and prayers. I'm feeling really well (mom left today, so I'm back to dealing with the kids myself, but I think I'll be OK.) Next concern is how I'll feel during the 6-week drawdown of my thyroid before the radiation. I need to talk with someone who has been through it to see how depleted it makes you, but even then, I'm confident that those needs will be met. Either the Lord will provide strength for me or He'll provide helpers to be my strength. Thanks again and have a blessed weekend in Him!

Jen

campsmore said...

Jen,
Are they using I131 for your radiation treatment?

Jen said...

Hi Lori,
Haven't gotten that info yet. My meeting with the endo dr. is next Wed. morning, so I should know details then. I know it's a pill that's swallowed and for 3 days I can't be near people/pets. I'm thinking of reserving a suite at a fancy hotel and just ordering room service for the prescribed time....much easier than trying to figure out where to send the kids, dog and cat! LOL!

campsmore said...

Jen, I read this article about another woman facing the same treatment. Perhaps, you could contact her and ask her how she fared, since she has small children. Apparently, you're not alone in thinking about the effect on your children.

article

Jen said...

Interesting....
So far I've only read 1 medical article on the issue which was basically a fact sheet, so I haven't dived into the opinion aspect of the treatment. I'll take the article along with me to the appointment next week.
I do know of another girl who is avoiding taking the treatment to burn out her over-active Grave's diseased thyroid because of this reason...she just doesn't want to deal with the issues involved with relocating her kids and keeping track of everything she touches. My mom had hers out in the 70s but opted against radiation because they weren't sure what the repurcussions were at that time. She still wanted to have more children, so they didn't recommend it for her. However, cancer wasn't involved in her case.
Lots of reasons to stay at Abba's feet in the coming days!

Thanks for sharing that.
Jen

Jen said...

OK, now I just have to laugh...
I read David Wilkerson's blog from Friday and he shared verses from Ps 34, written by King David after acting insane to escape King Achish. It's a great Psalm for those facing troubles and reminds us that God hears all our cries for help. David W. only quoted 3 verses, so today I went back and read the full Psalm (just after reading the article from Lori about the radiation debate.) I think verse 4-5 might be meant just for my situation:
"I sought the Lord and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame."
Now what are the chances that the word 'radiant' would be in a passage I was reading as I'm dealing with concerns about radiation?
Gotta love Him!

campsmore said...

Jen, God is cool, huh?


U.N. Nuke Watchdog Finds 'Manmade' Uranium in Syria,

Jerusalem slams Syrian stonewalling of IAEA inspections,

Two pro-Taliban clerics killed in Pakistan shootout ,

US admin. disagrees with Sarkozy on Turkey EU bid,

Activists Tell Boo: 'Hands Off Israel' ,

Israeli officials: Boo leaves us no choice but to okay Palestinian state,

Saudi FM to U.S.: Cut off aid if Israel doesn't end occupation,

As U.S. presses Israel, EU may join fray,

Boo postpones U.S. embassy move from T.A. to Jerusalem,

Op Piece: Walid Shoebat, The Fox is in the Henhouse,

Longing for prophecy,

Iraqi police chief escapes assassination attempt,

Anne said...

FYI, when I clicked on the Fox in the Henhouse link I got "Sorry, the page you were looking for in the blog A Very Heavy Stone does not exist". I then clicked on "A Very Heavy Stone" and found the post second from the top, for June 4.

Now I'll go read it. :)

Anonymous said...

Jim, will pray for you and your pastor. I also need to look up the article on the emergent church. I haven't even heard of it yet? If any of you know where the link is, please post it so I can find it. If not, I am sure I can find something on the net.
Jen, I will lift you up in my prayers, and will put you on our prayer list at church. We have seen many miracles, including a lady in our church that has fibromyalgia. Her nerves were permanently damaged between her neck and back. They said she would never walk again without a walker, and would soon loose that ability. The nerves were healed! When she realized she could walk again, she began swimming and worked up to reglar exercise. She is now very physical and can hike long distances! This from a woman who was "permanently" damaged! G-d has the final answer! Don't forget. There are many patients in your doctors waiting rooms who haven't heard about the Lord yet, or who may be going through something and need Him themselves! You do have a great opportunity to be a witness!
As for Tony Blair and Boo, it seems like their actions confirm a lot of things said in grailcode I don't agree with some of what it says. As my pastor says, "eat the meat and spit out the bones." There are definitely some bones, but it talks in depth about the royalty and how they head the Illuminati. Tony Blair has probably been indoctrinated with their belief that they are the Merovingian blood line and are related to Y'shua/Jesus. They also believe they are in line with King David and Mohammed. It is the dream of Prince Charles to unite the world religions so there can be peace. The coat of arms for Prince William is really spooky and he will be 30 years old in 2012. Anyway, it's a lot of reading, but I skipped a lot of the videos on the occult. I know a good researcher backs up his claims, but you canonly fill your head with so much of that stuff. I think this person makes some very valid claims about AC. Of course, we don't know for sure.....

jim.carroll said...

Just an FYI -- I finally finished reading "The Temple At the Center Of Time: Newton's Bible Codex Finally Deciphered and the Year 2012" this afternoon. WOW. Lots of numbers, lots of new ideas, no real conclusions. The author basically lets you draw your own conclusions. I'm going to have to let that one percolate a while and read it again.

The one idea that keeps coming back to me is his interpretation of the dragon sweeping a third of the stars from the sky. He points out that in the stellar precession resulting from the "wobble" of the Earth on its axis, the tail of the constellation Draco has moved through almost a third of the sky since the destruction of the First Temple (I think -- can't remember all the details and too lazy to dig up the book right now). This sweep of 1/3 of the stars will end in 2012.

A lot of the mathematics points to the year 2012. It made me think of how 42 prophetic months before the Dec. 23 2012 date falls on 19 July 2010, or 8 Av -- just before Tisha B'Av (9th of Av). To me, it makes me think that the War of Psalm 83 will be in another few weeks, with the War of Gog and Magog taking place in October of this year (2009). This means that a peace agreement can be reached, which would be confirmed on 19 July 2010, leading to the rebuilding of the Temple to be finished in 2012.

We shall see...

<><

Scott Robinson said...

Hey Jim C.
Interesting thought on the stars falling, I'd thought about that a while back when there was an article on spin wobble of the earth. Apparently, there was some sort of anomaly in the earth's precession about 3 years ago that none of the astronomers expected. Hasn't happened since. Were you the one who posted that on Joel's?
In His Grip,
Scott

Alf Cengia said...

From Moriel:

Japanese View of Palestine

Alf Cengia said...

Two Roosters

campsmore said...

Mac,
Was that a Palin look-a-like in the 2 Roosters video? Or am I just seeing things?

I was going to get up early this morning and get online and wish all you daddies a Happy Father's Day. After all, I bought cards yesterday and reminded my now adult children to honor their dad today. Even my son reminded his girlfriend to get something for her dad. We drove her to Walmart to pick out a card and a gift.

I was distracted getting ready to go online, sure glad I was, because my son's girlfriend just called to tell him Father's Day isn't for 2 weeks.

Cell phone calendars should keep us up to snuff! I miss my Hallmark calendar in paper with great big letters on it....

Anonymous said...

I have just started reading "Temple in the Center of Time!" I am amazed at how smart Newton was. He based everything on the Word, and the idea of "One G-d." G-d seemed to rewarad his search for truth by allowing him to see things that most people haven't seen, as far as the natural. Supernaturally, he was a fallen man, from my understanding. He led a homosexual lifestyle and had a nervous breakdown when the relationship broke up. As far as I can tell, he never had another relationship so, whether he made it right with G-d or not, I am not sure. He also would not accept the Trinity. Again, he may have changed his mind before he died, but I can't find any indication of it. As for the book, I am well into chapter 1. I am excited about the wealth of knowledge it seems to contain, but am worried it may soar over my head! I am sure the Word has so many mysteries and answers in It, if we would only search! The problem I see is, there are many different theories about different things, and they can all make sense. It is hard, being finite mankind, to figure out an infinite G-d. I am sure everything will become very clear as we get closer. Now it is like looking through a glass darkly....
As for Father's day, I recommend everyone to do whatever they can to let them know you love them, everyday. Your Mother's too! I have lost mine and won't get to see him. My husband has lost both. Do it while you can!
We honored our servicemen today that were in World War II and thanked them for the freedom we have because of their willingness to serve. One man in our congregation was 19 years old when they landed on Omaha beach. He went on in and ended up being in one of the companies who freed the people from one of the concentration camps. I say people because there were around 6,400,000total people killed, mostly Jews. He still cries when he talks about it. He says he can't believe what a human being can do to another human being. I can't either, and I haven't seen anything but pictures. His mother had 5 sons and all 5 of them went to war. They were blessed they all came back. There has been so much sacrifice for America and the liberties we have enjoyed. It saddens my heart to see it disappear. However, I know the world that Y'shua/Jesus has coming for us will be one that is far much better! How about us? (I am asking myself) If the time came, would we be willing to sacrifice it all? We have a higher calling than that of dying for America. We have the calling of Living for the Lord! Does our life minister to people and show them Y'shua/Jesus? Do we die to ourselves, so that He can shine through us? If the time came we had to lay down our lives, could we do it? "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength"! Yes we can!

diana said...

Here is an interesting article that I read. Jib, I thought of you.

http://pjmiller.wordpress.com/2009/06/07/don%e2%80%99t-pray-for-america/#more-5182

I do not know how to make those nice blue links that I see all over. Copy and paste this one.

Diana

Jim G. said...

Christine,

I posted a link to an "Emergent Church" article on June 4, 2009 10:53 PM. Scroll up a bit and you should be able to find the link. It was the first of two links there. The second link was to the "posters" which won't be too funny unless one has read some of the Emergent Church stuff.

Had a great time with my pastor. He's fine. Actually, he said someone had warned him about this speaker after my pastor had extended the invitation to speak but before he spoke. My pastor said he gave him strict instructions to talk about Jesus. The speaker I think is smart enough to know his audience and how far he could push the envelope in terms of doctrine so he stayed inbounds so to speak.

His message actually wasn't heretical. It's his blog and the links and all his associations that are alarming.

I find this emergent church stuff to be like an infection in the Body of Christ. It is foreign to the true body of Christ and those who are white blood cells need to go fight this infection.

Mark Driscoll aparently was one of the first to be a part of the early stages of what has become known as the emergent church movement.

Mark Driscoll discussed the Emergent Church at Southern Baptist Seminary about 3 months ago. Here's a link.
Mark Driscoll Discusses The Emergent Church at Southern Baptist Seminary.

It's long but very good (for a Calvinist). No, seriously, he's very solid (except for his confusion about what Arminians really believe).

Here's a much shorter video clip that is good, too.

Mark Driscoll answers the question: Should I Listen to Emergent Church Types? (4:35 video).

While I'm linking, here's a link to that article.

Emergen[t]cy - Is the Emergent Church "Orthodox"? (I Said "Orthodox" Because Even This Term Bugs "Them")

donna said...

I got back a little while ago from being away for a few days....I have not read all of the messages...

but Jen I did read yours and had to let you know that you will be in my heart, thoughts and prayers.
xoxoxo

GT said...

Here is the latest from Jack Kelley. I think it sums up about one of the topics being discussed here, in fact it may be the article tha Diana was trying to link. Sorry for the length but I think its worth it.

Don’t Pray For America
This Week’s Feature Article by Jack Kelley

“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him” (1Cor. 2:9)

In the time just before the Babylonian captivity, the people of Judah were certain that God would not permit the Babylonians to conquer them. “After all,” they said, “we’re God’s people. His Temple is in our midst. Surely He will spare us.” Their leaders encouraged them to think this way and false prophets assured them that everything would soon be normal again. Even when the Babylonian armies were at the very gates of Jerusalem they were expecting God to miraculously deliver them.


In fact, God had actually told them that if they turned back to Him, he would spare them.

If you really change your ways and your actions and deal with each other justly, if you do not oppress the alien, the fatherless or the widow and do not shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not follow other gods to your own harm, then I will let you live in this place, in the land I gave your forefathers for ever and ever. But look, you are trusting in deceptive words that are worthless. (Jere. 7:5-8)

But they took no notice of how their behavior had offended Him, thinking only that because they claimed to be His people He would save them. Their leaders had told them that God would spare them and because that’s what they wanted to hear, that’s what they believed.

Finally, on three separate occasions God told Jeremiah to stop praying for them because He wasn’t going to listen any more. (Jere. 7:16, 11:14, 14:11) They had gone too far. Only a few years after a national revival they had quickly slid back into their idolatry and for God it was the last straw.

God’s third discussion with Jeremiah on this matter is worth reviewing.

Then the LORD said to me, “Do not pray for the well-being of this people. Although they fast, I will not listen to their cry; though they offer burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them. Instead, I will destroy them with the sword, famine and plague.”

But I said, “Ah, Sovereign LORD, the prophets keep telling them, ‘You will not see the sword or suffer famine. Indeed, I will give you lasting peace in this place.’ “

Then the LORD said to me, “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries (worthless divinations) and the delusions of their own minds. (Jere. 14:11-14)

It was too late. They had missed their last chance. Even if the people did agree to mend their ways and come back to Him now, He knew their hearts had not changed. They would just be doing whatever they could to avoid the judgment. His decision had been made.

God is merciful but He is also just. He can’t go on overlooking sin forever. There comes a time when He has to act, even though He would rather not. It brings Him no joy, and He’s always looking for a way out that won’t compromise His values.

For example, while He was on the way to judge Sodom and Gomorrah Abraham engaged Him on this very point. “Will you spare the cities if there are 50 righteous people there,” Abraham asked. “Yes,” God replied, “For 50 I will spare the cities.” Then Abraham progressively worked the number down until they finally agreed that even if only 10 righteous people were found there God would spare everyone. (Genesis 18:22-33) Well, there weren’t 10 righteous people there so the judgment was confirmed. But there was one and even though He wasn’t bound to, God insisted that the one righteous person had to be removed from the time and place of the judgment before it could begin. The one was Lot. (Genesis 19:21-22)

(Sorry,have to split it up)

Maranatha!

GT said...

Here is the middle part;

Whether in Sodom or in Jerusalem, no one knew in advance that God was about to run out of patience because He doesn’t want people to obey His rules just out of fear. He wants them to obey because it’s the right thing to do. With Him the motive has to be right in order to make the action right.

Israel had been God’s kingdom on Earth for over 600 years. They were so well established they didn’t think it mattered what they did. As long as they called themselves God’s people and went through the motions of worshiping Him they thought they were safe. And after all their Scriptures said that Israel was a Kingdom established by God, who intends for it to exist forever on Earth. Even so, when God’s righteousness demanded judgment, nothing could prevent it.

We need to remember that while in many ways America is like Israel, the Church is not. First, The Church is not a national kingdom with a homeland and geographical borders. Our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. (Phil 3:20) He’s not coming here to be with us where we are. He’s coming to take us to His Father’s house to be with Him where He is. (John 14:1-3) So when He does it won’t matter whether we’re from the United States, the United Kingdom or the United Arab Emirates because the Church is everywhere. God has only established one eternal nation on Earth and that’s Israel. The Church’s eternal home is in Heaven where an inheritance from God Himself awaits us. (Gal. 4:4-7)

Second, the Church never needs to fear a judgment such as the ones I described above. The Lord Jesus agreed to be judged in place of the Church in order to present us to Himself without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. (Ephes 5:27)

The Religious Right and other well intended American Christians frequently send out eMails urging everyone to pray for America. But where in the Bible did God to say to pray for any place on Earth other than Jerusalem? God’s will would be much better served if the Church would pray for itself, that it would finally adopt the Biblical world view it was intended to have, and become what it was intended to be, the body of Christ. It’s an indication of what a secular world view the American Church has when more of us are praying that God will restore the good old days in our country than are praying for the Lord’s speedy return to take us away from here.

Prayers for America are fine as far as they go, but they’re motivated more by a love for what our country has been than by a desire to see God’s will done on Earth. And when you get right down to it, praying that God will restore America could be seen as an admission that we’re really not ready to see God’s will done on Earth yet.

Many of us grew up in America believing that God is on our side. But when I began studying the Bible I realized that God doesn’t take sides, He is a side. Whatever blessing we’ve enjoyed as a nation has come during times when we’ve been on His side, not because He’s on ours. As far as God is concerned, America is one of the nations destined to be completely destroyed during the Great Tribulation (Jere. 30:11). In His mind, the only nation on Earth that matters always has been and always will be Israel.

Even so, there came a day when God told Jeremiah to stop praying for Israel because it was too late to change His mind. Even a revival wouldn’t have helped them. If it’s not already here, that day will soon come for America and whatever favor our nation might have enjoyed with God will be gone for good.

It’s time for American Christians to realize that America is just a place where we’re temporarily living. And while we mourn the fact that America seems to be turning its back on Israel, we shouldn’t lose sight of the fact that America is also turning its back on the Church.

Maranatha!

GT said...

Here is some more;

According to no less an authority than our President, America is not a Christian nation. He’s right. The only connection between God and America today is that a bunch of us who believe in Him happen to live here. Americans don’t live by God’s laws, we don’t teach our children about Him in our schools, we don’t offer public prayers in His name, and the holy days we observe are no longer tributes to Him. We don’t thank Him for the blessings we receive and we don’t turn to Him when we’re in need.

America is a secular gentile nation that will soon be no more comfortable a home for the Church than pre-war Germany was for the Jews. It’s high time we excised our patriotism from our religion. Think of it as a reverse separation of Church and State. In the last election Americans said they don’t want the Church’s values guiding the nation’s direction. Well neither should Christians want America’s values guiding the Church. We should be so passionately yearning to leave here that our feet barely touch the ground when we walk.

One day the Lord was asking some men to follow Him. The first one said, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father.” (By that he meant, “Let me wait till my father dies.”) And Jesus said to him, “Leave the dead to bury their own dead. But as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”

Another said, “I will follow you, Lord, but let me first say farewell to those at my home.” Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:59-60)

His position here is consistent with His warning against accumulating treasure on Earth.

“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money. (Matt. 6:24) In the original language the word translated money also includes possessions. If you’re up to your elbows in nice things, you’re naturally going to want to spend your time with them instead of preparing to leave them and move to your new home.

He also had this to say about the seed sown among thorns.

As for what was sown among thorns, this is the one who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful. (Matt. 13:22)

These verses all speak against becoming so immersed in the ways of the world that we lose sight of where our real home is. In each case the one who falls into this trap becomes unfruitful. That means we ignore Kingdom opportunities here and forfeit Kingdom rewards there.

Why do so many in the American Church cling to America when America has made it clear it wants nothing to do with the Church? It’s because it’s our nature to always place a higher value on what we know than on what we don’t know. We know how good our life here has been, but most of us don’t know the first thing about how life in our eternal home will be. A surprising number believe we’ll be sitting on clouds all day playing harps. Others think of Heaven as an endless worship service, and compare it to their Sunday morning experiences. It’s no wonder they’d rather stay here.


Maranatha!

GT said...

The last part;

It would be easy to blame organized religion for not teaching us the truth about this. But that would be a cop-out. After all organized religion itself is an earth centered institution. The real problem is that it takes a lot of faith to choose the unknown over the known. And just like most American Christians don’t have the faith to live their beliefs, choosing to live secular lives instead, most of us don’t have the faith to believe God’s promises for eternity, so we focus on the here and now.

The solution to all this is deceptively simple. Paul wrote that faith comes through hearing the Word of the Lord (Rom. 10:17). By reading what the Bible says about what’s in store for us we can be made new in the attitude of our minds (Ephes. 4:23). We can be transformed, no longer conforming to the pattern of this world. (Romans 12:3). We can understand what it means to be in the world but not of it. We can discover that the greatest adventure ever designed for mankind lies right around the corner, and since we’ve accepted the Lord’s death as payment in full for our sins it’s all for us. And finally, we’ll understand that while America’s successes have been without parallel, in all the Age of Man the biggest winner by far is the Church. 06-06-09

Maranatha!

Late Night Lisa said...

GT,

That was an excellent post. Very reaffirming to what I've felt the Spirit speak to me lately.


***And what a great speech to read after I just find out my Christian neighbor voted for Obama & is trying to convince us that the Public School down the street her daughter attends is really great.

She wants to ensure there is a "balance" of reality in her child's life & that she gets "both sides" & will hopefully make the proper decisions later on. Since her own parents provided this wonderful balance she finds great value in this. (Currently her dad is an agnostic & her mom was a Catholic-now nothing.)

(YEAH-REALLY GREAT GOING! I CAN TELL BY THEIR CURRENT LIFE EXAMPLE. BUT I'M NOT UPSET BY THIS AS YOU CAN TELL. AHHHHHHHHH!!!)

On top of that her friends just loaned her "The Shack" which they think is wonderful. Fortunately she is trying to get them to come to our Church so it did create an opening in the conversation.

hyde said...

May I get you a cup of coffee or a biscuit (cookie to you), Lisa? Just to calm you down.

Mr Hyde said...

New post is up.

Yes I know it's a long one. Be thankful you can't hear me sing it!