Monday, August 24, 2009

Providence of our times

I thank God for the Unseen Hand, sometime urging me onward, sometimes holding me back; sometimes with a caress of approval, sometimes with a stroke of reproof; sometimes correcting, sometimes comforting. My times are in his hand.

- Vince Havner -

142 comments:

Alesia said...

Your words are what sustain me. They bring me great joy and are my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty.
Jeremiah 15:16 NLT

I will write down these things as a testimony of what the Lord will do. I will entrust it to my disciples, who will pass it down to future generations.
Isaiah 8:16 NLT

For I have stayed in God's paths; I have followed his ways and not turned aside. I have not departed from his commands but have treasured his word in my heart.
Job 23:11-12 NLT

The soil of Eden

Our bodies originated in the soil of Eden. It should not surprise us that they are sustained by food that grows from the soil. Every source of food ultimately finds its nourishment in the soil, and that nourishment sustains our bodies.

Likewise, our souls were created by the breath of God in Eden; it should not surprise us that the Word of God, which is inspired, or "God breathed," sustains our souls. If we plan to eat food each day to keep our body alive, shouldn't we also plan to feast on God's Word each day to sustain our soul?

campsmore said...

Excellent, Alesia! Not too long ago I began pondering about the Hebrews in the desert during the long 40 years. The Lord sent them manna everyday. If they tried to store it, it was wormy the next day. Everyday they had to gather fresh manna. It became very obvious to me and confirmed what I had been taught, that we must get up everyday and spent time with our Lord in His word. His word is the bread of life, our fresh manna which must be gathered daily.

I'm glad you got the ancient chinese secret thing. I wondered if anyone would remember the commercial. I have to admit I spent the greater part of the 70's in front of the tube. I don't remember the shows as well as I remember the commercials, especially the jingles.

I appreciate the time that you take to check out the links. The purpose is to wake up the church and draw the unbeliever in. Tell your friends that don't think we're living in the last days to check out the news headlines on that page. It's difficult for me to think there are so many lukewarm Christians who think the Lord's return is not during their lifetime. Is it apathy or ignorance? And don't say I don't know and I don't care. he he heh

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much to both of you for your encouraging words to read, study and devour the Word!

Here is "Hell's Pharmacy - Part Two":

http://parablesblog.blogspot.com/2009/08/hells-pharmacy-part-two.html

-Jec

Anne said...

Ooops, should have posted this here:

Jim G, I'm also a fan of Peter Kreeft, have been since I listened to his audio book What Would Socrates do. Thanks for the link.

Anne said...

Interesting comment at Gene Veith's blog.

The Sunday after the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America voted in convention to affirm homosexuality, the assigned Bible readings from the lectionary, which are read and preached upon during the service and that many ELCA congregations would be using, were Isaiah 29: 11-29; Ephesians 5:22-33; Mark 7:1-13: two powerful texts condemning the substitution of human teachings for God’s commands, and the classic text on Christian marriage.

(There's more at the blog including a quote of a supporter of the vote to affirm homosexuality, saying that they didn't have the info about homosexuality in the days of Jesus which we have today)

campsmore said...

Coffee's up! and the news.

Alesia said...

Lori - your link's not working!

jib said...

Lisa

could be. Salus has some good points but I after further reflection I don't know that his timeline is correct. I think Is 17 is a huge factor. If it occurs first and Israel is the one that launches the nuke it will do one of two things-precipitate peace, a false temporary peace, or cause full on war.

my one question is who does he consider the merchants of Tarshish and Sheba and Dedan to be? Many scholars, biblical and otherwise, hold Sheba to be Yemen/Saudi area. It this is true Psalm 83 (which will wipe out the Saudis) can't happen before Ez 38 because the merchants of Sheba ask the Gog/Magog confederacy if they have come to take a spoil of Israel.

Late Night Lisa said...

Jib,

I know what you mean. I'm not 100% confident that the Bible scholars have all of their geographical regions correct. So I guess all we can do is watch and see who's lining up w/whom to go against Israel (and the U.S. if that's the case.).

Israel will be protected while if the U.S. is stuck it will be for judgment. (Unless God outpours His mercy upon us.)

Lutherans Endorse Homosexuality God Sends Tornado! Video-a tornado came out of nowhere-traveled down the freeway & sideswiped a Lutheran Church which was also involved w/some of the homosexual negogiations. (The Tornado tore a cross of the roof.)

Anne said...

About the Lutheran convention/tornado, here's an interesting tidbit. This happened in my town. When the warning sirens went off many of us were saying to each other, "What? It's too cold for tornadoes. What's going on?" We usually know around here when the storms will come because of the hot humid weather. It was actually chilly that day and while it's not unheard of, it is definitely uncommon to have such storms on a chilly day, around here anyhow.

Alesia said...

Sorry for the length of this, but I just came across it & really liked it!

Alive and Dancing

Times of fear sweeping the nation and hearts of man failing them for fear. Freedom slipping from our fingers, sickness ravaging bodies of those we know and some that we so love. Families loosing everything, despair and grief and fear.. Not knowing of what lies tomorrow... We live, we go about our days.

We pray.

If like me you wonder sometimes is my heart seated and established with the Father? Spirit man loaded down with concerns of the world, life and the darkness that wants compass us. Hearing and listening hard for HIS tender whisper. Looking for signs which HE warns us against. It is in the heart of us buried deep within the man that has been brought alive with the VERY spirit that raised Christ Jesus from the dead.................

That is where HE lives.

The very spirit of my man has been brought ALIVE. Born again, not of corruptible but with the incorruptible. ALIVE in Christ Jesus. Seated in heavenly placed with HIM. Never to die, alive for eternity. Journey through this dark and dusty land, not citizens, just passing through.
God of heaven comes down!

Alive and dancing this morning as I feed my spirit man and give him words and music that causes him to rise above the shouts of the one that would load us down with fear, dancing so that my spirit man can be loosed to praise and worship the one that so loves us.

God, HE lives in the praises. God, HE lives in the dance! God HE lives and because HE lives we will live also! Promises coming to the surface while I dance, while I live........ Promises of peace and love and promises of HIM being with me always. Joy that overcomes the fear and the darkness that wants to steal our peace.

HE is God...

HE is Alpha and Omega.

HE has always been and there is non before HIM.

HE is the last word in this world and HE will have no end. HE is God and HE is all present and all powerful.

Who will we fear?

HE is God that loved us so much HE sent HIS ONLY begotten son just so that HE could give us a hug and walk in the cool of the evening once again. HE is God that created all but sacrificed HIS son to return us to the garden from whence we started.

HE is God, and when I begin to dance my spirit man moves within me and hears the food for his soul and he rejoices and when my spirit begins to worship, I begin to dance.

I am alive in Christ and I dance.

HE is God.

DANCE!

Alesia said...

Thanks, Jeff, for that link!

Went there quickly, realized how long it is & will have to read it tonight.

looks like one that will make me sick & break my heart - yet, well worth reading!

Alesia said...

Backlash Against Boycott of Glenn Beck

hydieho said...

Prayer is the language of dependence; he who prays not is endeavoring to live independently of God; this was the first curse, and continues to be the great curse of mankind. – Adam Clarke

mac said...

Just recently from an Omega Letter member:

I know this isn't the prayer forum but I'm desperate to have this read by as many as possible. One of these girls was our babysitter and her mom discipled me after I was saved. She is just a sweetheart and I'm scared for her safety. They have been missing since Friday and one of them may have been communicating with a 25 year old man that no one knew about. Please pray for their safe return!

Thank you!

www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/aug/24/bn25missing11295

jim.carroll said...

Here's something that might be interesting:

Which subject brings out the worst bias in the BBC? You vote to decide

Oh I do love the BBC. Many a time during my holiday last week, which I spent drinking myself into a stupor in the south of France, I asked myself: “I wonder what Thought for the Day is about this morning?”

Seriously, though, I do love the BBC – it is the best in the world at so many things I couldn’t even begin to list them – which is why I am so concerned at its bias. Imagine how good Lord Leith’s great creation could be if it was not so unjustly dominated by one insane section of society.

That’s why the Biased BBC website is so important. This week they’re running a poll asking us to nominate which subject brings out the worst in the Beeb’s slanted view of the world.

At the moment Islam is just in the lead, and rightly so. As a couple of readers here have pointed out (thank you, British Renaissance, Paul Weston and any others), the BBC’s Bitesize account of Islam and Christianity is nothing short of state propaganda. It is so bad that at first I thought it was a spoof – and it’s all the more sinister because it’s aimed at children.


B-BBC POLL

<><

jim.carroll said...

P.S. I voted for Israel.

<><

jim.carroll said...

AS STORMS FLARE, SO DO ATTEMPTS TO DECIDE WHICH ARE 'SIGNS' AND WHICH NOT

The photo at the top of the article is from a storm that spawned tornadoes, approaching Toronto. Downtown Toronto didn't get any tornadoes, but several hit the suburbs.

<><

jim.carroll said...

If you need a good laugh, try reading through these children's science exam answers...

Q: Name the four seasons.
A: Salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar.

Q: Explain one of the processes by which water can be made safe to drink.
A: Flirtation makes water safe to drink because it removes large pollutants like grit, sand, dead sheep and canoeists.

Q: How is dew formed?
A: The sun shines down on the leaves and makes them perspire.

Q: How can you delay milk turning sour? (Brilliant, love this!)
A: Keep it in the cow.

Q: What causes the tides in the oceans?
A: The tides are a fight between the Earth and the Moon. All water tends to flow towards the moon, because there is no water on the moon, and nature hates a vacuum. I forget where the sun joins in this fight.

Q: What are steroids?
A: Things for keeping carpets still on the stairs...

Q: What happens to your body as you age?
A: When you get old, so do your bowels and you get intercontinental

Q: What happens to a boy when he reaches puberty?
A: He says good-bye to his boyhood and looks forward to his adultery. (The kid gets an A+ for this answer!)

Q: Name a major disease associated with cigarettes.
A: Premature death..

Q: How are the main parts of the body categorized? ( e.g., abdomen)
A: The body is consisted into three parts -- the brainium, the borax and the abdominal cavity. The brainium contains the brain; the borax contains the heart and lungs, and the abdominal cavity contains the five bowels A, E, I, O, and U.

Q: What is the fibula?
A: A small lie.

Q: What does 'varicose' mean? (I do love this one...)
A: Nearby.

Q: Give the meaning of the term 'Caesarian Section.'
A: The Caesarian Section is a district in Rome.

Q: What does the word 'benign' mean?'
A: Benign is what you will be after you be eight

Late Night Lisa said...

The Tom Bearden Website

Someone linked this over on Jred's site & I found it's quite interesting.

Warning-not all of you will appreciate it so don't bother or waste your time.

The 1st part is regarding scientific discovery about some form of clean energy derived by creating a vacuum from magnets.
(Jim C. you might like this.)

The 2nd part was the reason why she posted it because she remembered the "jellyfish" crop circles. There is a tiny jelly-fish-like creature which is immortal.

"This organism does not age and die, but has eternal life unless physically killed. It "breeds" via its sexual process when sufficiently aged, then as it further ages it reverses its entire aging process and becomes young again. and then ages and goes through the breeding process again. And then reverses, and so on."

You can only guess where this discovery would lead to if possible.

Then in the 3rd part it brings up a"10-sigma person" which is totally bizarre & have never heard of before.

Jim G. said...

Lisa,

The comment about the jellyfish that has "eternal life" got me curious. I went to the link and saw in the footnotes that the scientific name for that jellyfish is Turritopsis nutricula.

I googled it and found a Wikipedia article on Turritopsis nutricula.

The article said: Turritopsis nutricula is a hydrozoan with a life cycle in which it reverts to the polyp stage after becoming sexually mature. It is the only known case of a metazoan capable of reverting completely to a sexually immature, colonial stage after having reached sexual maturity as a solitary stage. It does this through the cell development process of transdifferentiation. Theoretically, this cycle can repeat indefinitely, rendering it biologically immortal until its nerve center is removed from the rest of the body.

The term biologically imortal was hyperlinked so I clicked to read more about that concept.

That opened up another Wiki article on Biological immortality.

In that article I read that the term immortalization was first applied to cancer cells that expressed the telomere-lengthening enzyme telomerase, and thereby avoided apoptosis (programmed cell death).

Not being familiar with the term apoptosis, I clicked on that hyperlink.

The article defines apoptosis as "the process of programmed cell death (PCD) that may occur in multicellular organisms."

In healthy organisms, apoptosis serves several important functions. For one, apoptosis also plays a role in preventing cancer.

It also plays a role in differentiation. Programmed cell death is an integral part of both plant and animal tissue development. Development of an organ or tissue is often preceded by the extensive division and differentiation of a particular cell, the resultant mass is then "pruned" into the correct form by apoptosis.

Look what happens when there is incomplete differentiation in two toes (syndactyly) due to lack of apoptosis!

All that to say, I don't want to step on anyobody's toes but I'm sure glad we don't have that jellyfish kind of immortality.

jib said...

Anne
I had heard or read it reported that one of the attendees of the conference referenced the tornado and made some laughing comment about "gee hope that isn't God telling us something" or words to that effect. interesting that he intuitively knew that what they were doing was wrong.

Jim
I also voted for Israel and those science questions and answers always give me a chuckle

Michigander said...

Mac, I have prayed for the safe return of the two girls. What a horrible thing for the family.

Vicki

jim.carroll said...

Jim G., Shalom! I agree, I wouldn't want that kind of immortality. It was hard enough going through puberty the first time. The only thing I can think of that would be worse than going through puberty a second time would be being rejected by the same girls again, like the first time.

<><

campsmore said...

News

Anonymous said...

Catching up on readng! Whew! I am so out of the loop! So much going on! Campsmore, I would love to get your news mail! Also, There is a book called "Unlocking God's Secrets" through their Kindle player. I personally don't have that yet. I like to read and I believe that is an oral edition. Just so you all know, I read the tornado/Lutheran church news over the phone to my pastor's wife. She had known about the vote, but not the tornado. She was appalled that they never considered it a sign from G-d that they shouldn't do it! Hearing that the leader was just glad no one got hurt we speculated, would someone have to get hurt to make you a believer? What a sad statement to the situation today!
Jim Carroll, loved the children's answers! I was laughing out loud! Some of them sound like they came from my neck of the woods, South Carolina!
Speaking of South Carolina, there was a mention of someone heading back here. Is there someone on this blog who lives here? I had the priviledge of meeting Late Night Lisa on the phone when she visited. The conversation was wonderful! I hope we all get the chance to meet! I have skype and pal talk and am willing to download whatever it takes!
About the jelly fish, that is so interesting! It's amazing the many different lives G-d has created and the way they live and cycle!G-d is such an amazing G-d!
I will remember the two girls in prayer. G-d knows where they are and what it will take to get them back.
My husband wrecked our car earlier this week. It is one of the reasons I haven't been on here. He is fine, thank the Lord! My car, well, anyway, it will be fixed! The Lord was really with him! He hit a 10-wheeler truck with a little Chevy Cavalier! My front end is gone, but he is here! The driver saw where he hit and told him two more feet back and he would have hit the gas tank! G-d was really looking out for him! Praise G-d! And you wonder why these things happen to us. Turns out, the insurance adjuster was a wonderful man who was very talkative. I found out he was recently married and they go to Bible study, but not church. I asked him about coming to ours and he said he might. Well, the man who is fixing my car also goes to my church. I told him about the insurance adjuster so he also put in a plug for coming to church. He told him he attended church with me and we would love to see him come sometime. He said he might! Pray for him! His name is Dave and they need the Lord! It is amazing to think the Lord may have used a car wreck to give this man a chance to come to the Lord! He works in mysterious ways!

campsmore said...

Christine,

My Uncle Bob, (Robert Morley), wrote Unlocking God's Secrets and he lives in SC. He was headed back there Friday afternoon after Grandpa Morley's memorial service. Grandpa is his father and passed away a week ago yesterday at the ripe old age of 94.

When he passed, the Hospice music therapist was playing Amazing Grace on her guitar.

Back to the book, it is available in electronic format off Uncle Bob's site, UnlockingGodssecrets.com and will also be available this weekend on Amazon.com ... God willing. Oh and the price will be back down to $16.99. Uncle Bob hit the ceiling when the publisher raised the price, because they did nothing to promote his book.

Make sure you visit his blog, It is full of discoveries that will probably be in his next book.

campsmore said...

Oh yeah, he lives in Greenville.

campsmore said...

certainly glad to hear your DH is well.

campsmore said...

The Government Can

Very entertaining work by Tim Hawkins. Turn up the sound!

Late Night Lisa said...

Christine- that's great in a way about the car wreck. I know I'm "usually" looking for open doors to see if maybe God is working in a situation for His glory. I say usually because sometimes I look in hind sight and wonder if I just blew it. He opened a door that I didn't see because I was in my own little world-(flesh).

Jim G- that's some neat reasearch on the Jellyfish. I think I grasp the general concept but some of the finer details go over my head.

So we do still need some programmed cell death in order to develope properly & I suppose maintain our current health.
(I know a couple people who have mermaid feet-or toes like that.)

What I wonder is w/all these people trying to discover immortality without repentance-if the anti-Christ will promise this very thing in conjunction w/the mark. I know it sounds like a movie script but really isn't that a strong desire of the unrepentant
heart? Obtain immorality & be your own god? Or at least follow a god which suits your own sinful nature.

I had a boyfriend (he was a real selfish live for the moment type) who actually planned to be frozen after he died hoping @ some point he could be brought back to life.

It seems that people like the idea of being immortal in the flesh rather than being immortal in the spirit because the world has not lost it's appeal.

Satan already used this trick on Eve- "Did God really say that? You shall not surely die." & maybe would pull this trick again- "take this mark, follow me-you will not surely die" once again.

Late Night Lisa said...

My comment:” Obtain immorality & be your own god." Ha,Ha- that's true too-I meant immortality!

campsmore said...

Oh, what's the difference? lol

jib said...

Jim C
I guess it depends. would you go back through puberty again if you could keep your current knoweldge?

Lisa
Mankind wants immortality on their own terms not God's and they don't want to answer to anyone but themselves. I would note however that we have been listening to some teachings by Frucht on sin and salvation and he makes the point that when we accept Christ as Savior our spirit is already eternally redeemed. the rapture for some and the second coming for others is what redeems our bodies eternally. To say that we will only be redeemed spiritually and never physically was one of the gnostic heresies and I am equally sure that you probably mispoke :-)

Late Night Lisa said...

Jib,

Of course I know we are redeemed both spiritually & physically-even the damned will eventually be reunited w/their bodies @ the final judgment.

I was just speaking of a world view not the Biblical view. Should a say an anti-christ gnostic perspective.

A friend of mine works for this company called "Illumina" and just sent this out. I'm wondering what a doctor's perspective would be:

iPhone Meets Genome

For Illumina, iPhone is more than a great mobile business device - it's the delivery platform for an ambitious new approach to personalized medicine.

"Illumina is developing an iPhone application that will allow consumers to carry around their genomic information," Flatley explains. "Part of it may be on the phone itself, part of it may be in the cloud that the phone would have access to. It would allow the customer to bring up the application and interact with it live in conjunction with their doctor." ...

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I live in Taylors which is only about 20 minutes from Greenville! I will definitely read his book!
Lisa you are too funny! I don't know about the Iphone app with the doc. It seems kind of creepy that they can pull your personal info out of midair like that but, then again, the do that already in their office! It just seems we are getting closer and closer to the moment when they will try absolute total control.

jib said...

Lisa

well that makes more sense.

why genomic info on the phone? we can't do anything with it for the most part at this stage of the game. the abuse potential is really high. It wouldn't surprise me to find that it plays a role in the AC's gov't

I'd settle for actual accurate medical information. as much as I see the abuse potential I have to tell you it would be nice to have immediate access to records generated elsewhere instead of never getting them, having to wait weeks to get them or as with today fully half of the patients that I saw didn't know either their full allergy list or any of their medications-not even the names never mind the dosages. sigh. we ask them to call back with their med list and they never do. used to be able to call the pharmacy but now with hippia they won't give out that info anymore.

Anonymous said...

OK. I just had to share this. I have been singing this song for days! I can't get it out of my head! I don't want to! Hope it blesses you too!
Glory to God

Anne said...

From an email I received:
At the Mayo Clinic there is a piano and sometimes people stop to play. This is the cutest little Video of two older folks playing the piano, in the Gonda Building and is worth watching.

Anne said...

Gene Veith's blog, has three interesting posts today:

Emerging church leader is observing Ramadan

"Bryan McLaren..."

Half of Americans will get swine flu and 90,000 will die?

"It has been said that governments often instill fear in their populations as a way to seize more power."

and

Spanish doctors will go to jail rather than be “fetal executioners”

"Spain has no conscience clause that would exempt physicians who do not believe in abortion from refusing to perform that procedure."

Late Night Lisa said...

Jib,

I asked him how his company got it's name illumina-(or course illuminati comes to my conspiracy mind.)

I'm not sure who came up with the name illumina, but it's likely related to how we read the beadchips since each bead is coded with a fluorescence color marker, thus illuminating the bead and taking pictures of it allows scientists to read the dna markers.

jib said...

rather concrete and likely true plus it's catchy and will market well. people will remember it with that name. I'd have picked something else to avoid the association with the Illuminati but then again maybe they don't care or it's true. take your pick.

it still is creepy that they are doing this when medically we can't do a whole lot with the info

Late Night Lisa said...

Diana- How are you doing?

Something new-regarding NINE end time wars. The Wars of the End Times
How many and when will they happen?

Alesia said...

I just received this email...
PRAYER REQUEST

Hi to all my friends and family,

I felt compelled to spread this story about my son's best friend, Sam who is 8. He is in MAJOR need of Prayer. The following story is what his mother Cindy wrote today.

Background Story
Our son Sam is a wonderful young man who is 8 years old. He will be 9 in January. He is going into the 3rd grade in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. Sam had been having some pain in his right knee most of this summer (2009). As the pain increased we realized that something might be wrong and we made an appointment for him to see an Orthopedist on 8/10/09. At this doctors appointment an X-ray was done of Sam's leg/knee and it showed that there was a mass that the doctor believed to be cancerous. Samuel went into the hospital just a few days later for a series of tests. He received a cat scan, MRI, and also a full body scan. Our family met with the pediatric oncologist the following day and Samuel was diagnosed with a type of cancer called Osteosarcoma (stage 4). The cancer is in his right knee and it has also spread to both of his lungs. This is an agressive type of cancer and it will be treated with agressive forms of chemo. We are asking everyone to please lift up our litle boy Samuel Gordon Bish in prayer. We pray for healing!! We serve a mighty God and we know that HE can heal Sam if that is his will for Sam's life. Please be prayer warriors along with our family as Sam starts this very difficult journey in his young life.

Today's date is August 16th, 2009 and all this has happened in 6 days. His first appointment was on Monday the 10th and by Friday the 14th he was in the hospital getting his Chemo-port put in his chest and a biopsy done.

campsmore said...

news is ready

diana said...

Lisa, I am good, thanks for asking!!! I check in here everyday but do not post much. Seems I am always interupted. I am taking an online course, chemistry for the health professions, which is challenging. I started a new job at a fitness center playroom. i watch the kids and I get to bring my little boy with me. What a blessing, get paid to play, get to spend the day with my little one still and not have to pay a babysitter! Plus a free membership to the club. The other three kids are in school now and one just started kindergarten. I am going to work towards my nursing degree, finally. DH agreed to pay for classes until I can get a scholarship. It will be a good career for when my kids get older and they will need more money for all of their stuff (college, weddings, ect).

Alesia, I prayed for little Sam. That brought me to tears. I read a story once of a little boys with the same kind of cancer, started in his hip. The father wrote it, it is called Walking Taylor Home. It is heart wrenching but the family loved Jesus and the little boy is home in heaven now. Will pray for Sam to be healed and that people will know it was God who did it!!

Diana

Marge said...

Does anyone remember the "Kennedy curse?"

Now that Sen. Ted Kennedy has passed away, it came to mind today.

Alf Cengia said...

I love Bob Morley's latest post:

The Good Samaritan’s Prophecy

Alf Cengia said...

Marge, I vaguely remember references to a Kennedy curse.

Constance Cumbey has a new post on Kennedy. I wouldn't mind feedback from anyone who reads it.

campsmore said...

Okay, Mac, that was weird. When a non-Christian stands before God I would think that God wouldn't hand out brownie points, it's either, salvation or eternal damnation.

I cannot imagine her really believing that. I think she probably will end up rewriting that at some time in the future.

Point about Chappaquiddick Incident; A former co-worker of mine, a devout Christian, lived in the closest house on Dike Road to the bridge. No one ever came to her house for help and she was home in the early hours of July 19, 1969.

No "brownie points" for that, huh?

Alf Cengia said...

I agree, Lori. I also had an issue with the following:

THOU SHALT LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL THY HEART, ALL THY MIND, AND ALL THY SOUL A N D THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF.

"Too many liberals forget the first half of that equation. Too many conservatives the second."

Perhaps she could have worded to read that too many people forget both parts of the equation.

campsmore said...

You know I haven't thought about Betty for a long time. I did a search on her and found her about 20 minutes north of me. I might have to give her a call.

Marge said...

Mac,
I need an address :) H-EL-P! I googled her, (Constance Cumbey) but my dial up connection went into over drive, or whatever it does/doesn't do, at that point. Remember, I'm computer "challenged :)" That's a nice way of saying, that the computer Dummie books are over my head, LOL!

Thanks!

Lori,
What about these brownie points you're speaking of?

And what does anyone think about the "Kennedy curse?" Yes, no, or in-between? Looks like the cast of Camelot are all gone, to say the least.

campsmore said...

Marge,

No brownie points, that was sarcasm! lol

Here's Constance's Blog,

Late Night Lisa said...

Here you go Marge: SENATOR TED KENNEDY DIES

campsmore said...

OH, boy, you might want to go read the comments! They set her straight.

Alf Cengia said...

Here it is:

Constance’s blog

Marge, hydieho says the Kennedy curse is just bad karma. I've just slapped him and sent him away.

the bat said...

Anyone know where Constance is hiding?

Marge said...

Lori and Lisa, Mac, too!

Thanks!

I read the article, and I hope Ted Kennedy knew the Lord.

Mac,
Couldn't agree with you more about a balance in love.

Hydieho,
Bad Karma, huh? Nah, you're either blessed, or the Bible does say, some are living under curses. (refer to Deuteronomy 28) I dunno. I've always thought there was "something to it." "Kennedy curse." Maybe not.

Thanks again!

God bless,
Love,
Marge

Late Night Lisa said...

Lori,

You beat me by one minute! You stinker (:

Believers are not judged but rather rewarded for their works done on earth in the Spirit.

Unbelievers are judged "according to their works". Rev 20:11

Perry Stone has been doing a series lately on the Heaven/Hell topic & mentioned that there are different levels in hell.

There are different areas of hell mentioned in the Bible. People who have claimed to have been taken in the spirit to heaven and/or hell also mention witnessing different levels or areas of punishment in hell.

There is a scripture in the Bible that there will be an area on earth (somewhere in Israel or ME-forgot exactly) where people will be able to see into hell as a reminder. Sort of like a clear glass barrier type of thing-during the Millennium.

So maybe the "brownie" works points would be in terms of what level of eternal damnation they end up in.

Anyway, if you want more detailed info check our Perry Stone's latest teachings.(Although I have heard of this same hell info from other sources as well.)

Alf Cengia said...

Glenn Beck Closing in on Van Jones

Jen said...

Here's a write-up on the curse origins that I've heard of (esp. #1). Notice they have a Jewish connection....
The Kennedy Curse

We were at the shore this past weekend and I let the kids pick out a bag of salt water taffy each. The total came to $6.66...yikes! So I added one more piece and paid $6.71. The girl said I was the third person to do that recently.

campsmore said...

My sister-in-law, Lyla could use a little extra prayer this morning. She was just at a bus stop (in her car) and someone plowed into the back of her. Her knee is messed up, but otherwise is okay. She is on her way to the hospital.

campsmore said...

News is hot off the press

Marge said...

Jen,
Glad you're back! And happy you had a good vacation!

Also thanks for the Kennedy curse link. That's what I wanted to bring up, actually. Because there are deffinitely blessings and curses that people live under, according to Deaut. 28. Also references thru out the Bible.

Okay, I'm going to throw out a "gut feeling," I've always had concerning the Sen. Ted Kennedy "lake incident." At the time, he was in the running to be nominated for the Presidency. Two of his brothers had been assinated, correct? Another assination would have been a bit "over the top." So, why not place him (Sen. Kennedy) in a horrible light. Same conclusion, in regards to Ted Kennedy ever becoming the President of the United States. Because those news releases were all so conflicting. Nothing really made sense. Ted Kennedy looked like he'd been drugged the next day. And give me a huge break, the Kennedy clan could have done a better job with a cover up,...if they'd wanted too, IMHO. Anyhow, nothing that can be proven. Pure speculation on my part, etc., etc. I realize that. I only "threw it out there," as another possibilty/conclusion. Just a thought, so to speak. Nothing more, and nothing less :)

Have a great day in the Lord, everyone!

God bless,
Love,
Marge

jim.carroll said...

Shalom, all! Here are some other news links:

Massive wave of jellyfish to attack Japan

I can see only one way for Japan to defend herself against this invasion. They must call on ... GODZILLA!

Truth to Power: Psychopaths Rule Our World

The title seemed a little out there when I first saw it, but the actual article is chilling. This is an article about Ponerology, which is the study of evil. He's not talking about your run-of-the-mill psychopath. He's talking about the biological basis for psychopaths, people who are born with no sense of empathy. The successful psychopaths are the ones that fit in normally, that learn the social cues that enable them to rise in society. These are the people who are able to rise to a level where they are able to commit murder by proxy. (Be advised: the article is long, but well worth your time.)

The Coming Bank Failures - A Prophetic Dream

I wouldn't have paid much attention to this story if it weren't for the (very) brief report I heard on the radio yesterday about FDIC losses. Two reports today cover this. The first one (FDIC Fund Falls 20 Percent. Bair Says Your Money's Safe.) is fairly optimistic. ("Bair" is FDIC Chairwoman Sheila Bair.) This second one (What's That Sucking Sound? Latest FDIC Report Coming Today) is not.

Tropical Storm Danny may track east of LI

Note: 'Dan' comes from word in Hebrew meaning 'judgment'

<><

Anonymous said...

Jim, I would love to read the article you posted about "Ponerology". Is that link working right? -Jec

campsmore said...

Finally, a dog that will do follow commands!

jim.carroll said...

Jen, I just clicked on the "Psychopaths" article (which is the one about porenology), and the link worked for me. What happens when you click on it?

<><

jim.carroll said...

Shalom, all. I just wanted to post some links to some Catholic-themed articles some of you might enjoy or find spiritual benefit from:

Setting the people up to die: A conspiracy of silence about swine flu natural remedies
I'm not too keen on this article, but I do find it useful in promoting Vitamin D. I know that since most people aren't drinking as much milk (with vitamin D) anymore, and with the wide-spread use of sunscreens (which prevent sunburn but also interfere with the body's natural production of vitamin D) a great many people have vitamin D deficiency. This might be worth looking into.

SEAL OF CONFESSION GOES ON TRIAL: Church and State Face Off in Court
In 1996, a priest heard the sacramental confession of an inmate in Oregon. Unknown to either the priest or the inmate, the confession was taped and a transcript made for introduction into the inmate's trial. The Seal of the Confessional is sacrosanct -- the priest can NEVER reveal what was told him in the confessional. This has been understood in American law for two hundred years; yet the DA decided that the confessional in prison should be treated like any other conversation with a prisoner. What's more, he was able to find a judge who agreed and signed off on the warrant. It took two years of litigation, but Oregon finally agreed that the priest-penitent privilege was protected. However, although the tape and transcript were never used in the trial, the tape and the transcript were never destroyed, even after the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled against the State of Oregon. After 10 years, they are still sitting in a file somewhere. It's a reminder that the State can take away your religious rights at any time.

Near death experiences in the life of St. Paul, the nation, and Israel It was interesting to me to find this article in "Examiner.com -- Insider Source for Everything Local Chicago". It's an article describing how both Baptism and Communion are "near-death experiences" in that they result (or should result) in life-changing experiences. The article has insights into how the original Hebrew contains meanings that get lost in the Greek or other translations.

THE BIBLE AT THE BORDER: Woman In Texas Reported Disappearance Of Brain Cancer
This is actually an article linked to a previous article on praying the prayer of "no wine". As Mary did at Cana, we come before the Lord and say, "They have no wine." To quote the article, When we really want or need something, we must summon the words not from the intellect but from the spirit. It is also a prayer of emptying self from self and filling ourselves with the "living waters" of the Holy Spirit. It's that water -- in "jugs" -- that we present to Him!

In this case, the woman had an inoperable brain tumor. The doctor gave her three months to live at the most. She prayed a prayer giving herself over to G_D, and was immediately cured.

<><

Anonymous said...

HERE'S one for you all. Turn your speakers on and laugh till you pop!

Linda

Great Grany 5 said...

Trying again HERE IS ONE

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am Linda and a friend of WJM. She isn't feeling all that great right now but wanted to share this very funny video with all of you. Hoping I got the right blog.

Linda

Anne said...

Grany!!!!

I nearly teared up when I saw your name, I was so happy!

I hope you feel better soon. Linda, thanks for the link and please pass on my greetings to Grany if she isn't peeking in on us.

Late Night Lisa said...

Linda,

Give her a big "thank you" from us & tell her we will pray that she regains her strength & will make a full recovery.

Also, that we Love her!

hyde said...

Ditto for me what LNL said. Big hug!!

jim.carroll said...

Just a quick request for prayers: we're experiencing flooding again in east central Iowa. So far it's not as bad as last year, but it's still bringing back a lot of memories.

<><

Late Night Lisa said...

Order Out Of Chaos slide shown during swine flu conference Take a look @ the "logo".

jib said...

Jim C

Godzilla? lol

Lisa
creepy logo

Grany
change your mind? I hope so

jib said...

interesting article on psychopaths. I have known some. they are the essence of evil. As a chief resident I had to care for a multiple serial rapist who's latest go around included attempted murder. his eyes were the most souless vacant things I have ever seen. he was truly chilling.

I would nitpick on the born without a conscience statement as I don't think that is necessarily scriptural although perhaps when it talks about God hardening peoples hearts may be He just allows their psychopathic tendencies full sway. I think everyone has a conscience but I would agree that they have no empathy.

I also thought calling GWBush a psychopath a bit much and over the top. He was many things but I don't think that was one of them.

Late Night Lisa said...

Prophecy in the News Thursday news is a great rundown on "The Elders". (I had posted a link to this bunch not long ago.) Jimmy Carter is quite involved & is coming out w/a new book.

hydieho said...

I saw that, Lisa. I can certainly tell that Carter is an elder. In fact he's looking quite ancient of late.

campsmore said...

News is ready

jim.carroll said...

Shalom, all! Just wanted to pass this on to you all:

N.J. Catholic bishops begin targeted campaign against same-sex marriage
Catholic bishops in New Jersey have begun a campaign against same-sex marriage in anticipation of a possible vote on the issue by state legislators sometime after the November election.

The bishops directed Catholic priests throughout the state to distribute in parish bulletins last Sunday a 2,300-word letter opposing same-sex marriage. The priests are also expected to speak about the issue from the altar after Labor Day.


You can read the text of the letter here. It's not specifically Catholic in theology; in fact, you could pretty much replace "Catholic" in the letter with "Christian" and distribute the same letter in all of your churches. It explains the biblical and eternal truths about Marriage and why same-sex "marriage" cannot be supported by Christians. (FWIW, the letter is also signed by the Byzantine Bishop of the Eparchy (or Diocese) of Passaic (NJ).)

<><

Late Night Lisa said...

I've been getting several e-mails in a conversation between liberal democrats who swoon all over Barack Obama. They are all friends of a friend's husband and somehow I got included onto their list of "reply all". So far I've kept silent.

There was even some reference to Jesus rising on the 3rd day statement.

Finally I couldn't take it anymore. One of them was talking about how he was going to honor the 1st black American President's Birthday so I just sent Granny's "Barack Obama Has Come To Save the Day!" video spoof and "replied all".

Talk about stirring up a hornet's nest! I can feel the stingers pumping up & getting ready to charge me. LOL!!!

jim.carroll said...

IN FOG OF CURRENT TIME ARE RUMORS AND FEARS THAT CRY OUT FOR DISCERNMENT

BTW, good work on that hornet's nest, Lisa!

<><

Late Night Lisa said...

Tod Tomasella-

Crucified Ministry

“But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.” 2 Corinthians 4:7

All ministry should flow out of the overflow of God’s presence in our own personal lives and never be staged, contrived, or feigned. As He chooses to place the treasure of His holy presence in us, His earthen vessels, His divine life spills out onto others and the glory or excellency is of Him and not of us (2 Cor. 1:9). God only puts His presence in those who lay down their lives “daily.” (Lk. 9:23-24) It’s only then that their lives bring forth fruit for His glory.

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.” John 12:24

“Much fruit” is born in and through the lives of those who obey Jesus by following Him into the death of self-will and all of self. Those who hold Jesus as their “first love,” are willing to sacrifice self on the altar of knowing Him (Rev. 2:4-5). They are willing to present their bodies a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to Him (Rom. 12:1). They are bent on knowing, loving, and serving Him as they love not their lives unto the death and suffer “the loss of all things” to know Him (Acts 20:24; Phil. 3:7-10; Rev. 12:11). This is their all-consuming passion and unrelenting pursuit.

“My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.” Psalms 57:7

“One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.”Psalms 27:4

“As the heart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?” Psalms 42:1-2

“My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.” Psalms 63:8

For sure there are times that we simply obey when we aren’t feeling so spiritual and yet, those times should be the exception. Our daily lives must revolve around sincere fellowship with the One who bought us with His own precious blood on that cross and whom our Father raised from the dead to justify us (Rom. 1:4; 4:25).

It’s only out of the crucified life that the LORD is going to pour out His blessed presence which makes for authentic heavenly ministry that will remain. Only God Himself can do His ministry and He told us that He only chooses to do this through those who are crucified with Christ (Gal. 2:20; 6:14) It’s only when death to self is working in us that His divine life is working out of us toward others (ministry). Watch this:

2 Corinthians 4

7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

8We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

9Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

10Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

11For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

12So then death worketh in us, but life in you.

It’s time for us to cease trying to do ministry and repent before our LORD and Savior for ever seeking to do ministry without Him. Let’s waive the white flag beloved in surrender, crying out to know Him and let Him handle the rest.

Perhaps for some reading this, it’s time for a season to stop trying to do ministry and just die to know Him!

Late Night Lisa said...

Cont 2...

All Anointed Ministry Flows out of Relationship

The goal of the true disciple is not ministry but rather knowing the LORD. Paul gave up all of his ministerial training to “know Him.” (Phil. 3:7-10)In fact, he counted it all “but dung.” (Yuck!!! – get the picture?) This apostle of Jesus pressed toward the mark of knowing the One he was choosing to so fervently love and any ministry he was used by God to do was out of that vital, foundational relationship (Phil. 3:7-14). To seek and know the One who is "the life" is to have His life teeming in us. \ o / throw em up high ; )

Like the Pharisees there are those who learn and know His Word and yet refuse to come to Him. They know the Word of God and yet not the God of the Word without which no man can be saved. The whole purpose for Christ coming was to shed His precious, sinless blood so we could be in a relationship with Him and the Father (Jn. 17:3). We were made to know Him and if we refuse such we seal our eternal doom.

Listen to what Jesus told the religious leaders of His day:

“Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.” John 5:39-40

These religionists knew the Scriptures and feigned to represent God in ministry and yet wouldn’t come to the Savior the Scriptures reveal. They refused to open their hearts and come to Him in brokenness.

It’s only in coming to Jesus that we have life and not in doing things for Him (ministry). God is not glorified in any ministry that is coming from a person who doesn’t genuinely love Him supremely and is therefore not truly seeking His face.

Only out of the overflow of relationship can ministry flow. Jesus told us that if we were to have relationship with Him that we must die so He could live in us. There is no shortcut – He must increase and you must decrease (Jn. 3:30). It’s only when I humbly yield myself to the One who is ALL-mighty and bled for my sins, that His power will take up, lift up, bless, empower, lead, and elevate Himself in me for His glory. It’s only when I am willingly becoming weak in self that the Savior will grant His holy power to magnify Himself in and through my life (2 Cor. 12:9-10).

“But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead.” 2 Corinthians 1:9

When we sentence self to death to know Him, the excellency is of God and we don’t seek vainglory. – “NO flesh should glory in his presence … He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.” (1 Cor. 1:29, 31)

God only raises up the “dead” – those who die to self so He can live big in them! The One who is “the resurrection and the life” will never raise up the person who will not die (lay down his own life). In fact, He told us that only a “fool” thinks God is going to raise up that which is not first obediently and willingly dead. - “Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die.” (1 Cor. 15:36)

Late Night Lisa said...

Cont 3...(last one)

The Son of God warned us all that those who do ministry for any other purpose will soon be sent to eternal damnation. Those who are not truly crucified with Christ in their own personal life and yet do “ministry,” are hell bound.

“MANY will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.“ Matthew 7:22-23

Jesus tells us here that there are “many” (not a few) today who are doing all kinds of different ministry for their own self-serving purpose and will soon be in the fires of eternal suffering.

The man the LORD says was after His own heart was anointed and His cup ran over or overflowed with the presence of God. Why? Because the LORD was truly His Shepherd – David was fully submitted to the LORD and therefore being led of Him and in this place of intimacy, there was the overflow of the presence of God that poured out to others. This is the pattern for ministry and not staging or contriving “ministry” which is what many today do who will ultimately hear the terminating words “Depart from me.” (Matt. 7:21-23) There is a whole generation today of those who do “ministry” who will be in hell eternally. The way we know we are doing ministry out of the right motive is to simply not try to do ministry but rather to flow in the leading of the Holy Spirit as He leads and empowers. True ministry is never forced or coerced and it’s never for our own self-serving glory or because we just feel we need something to do.

With these truths in mind, watch closely the order of truth here in king David’s relationship with the LORD:

Psalm 23

1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

PRAYER: Heavenly Father, I have been doing things my own way and not yours. Right this instant, I lay my life in Your holy hands. Into Your hands of submit my spirit and ask You to do as You will in my life. Thank You for finding and saving me and for this I am immediately and eternally grateful. Anoint me to die the death of self that You alone can be glorified in my daily life! Amen.

(He also emailed this link of "Prophetess" Stacey Campbell as an example of a false prophet.I find it extremely disturbing-the lady sounds like a snake. The point though is that people can claim anything & speak Biblical spiritual words-yet still be influenced by the "self/flesh" and even demonic entities. This one to me is physically obvious yet others will not show the same type of rotten fruit.)

Late Night Lisa said...

Well, now we know why they're working on the FEMA facilities.

"The Massachusetts state Senate passed bill 2028 which enforces the following: Quarantine or $1000 a day fine for refusing the vaccine." (You could also get 30 days in prison.)

Check it out-is this for real? It was by unanimous vote in the Senate & now it has to pass the house.

Video Here

Late Night Lisa said...

Here is another article which includes the link to the origional document Wake Up, America: Forced vaccinations, quarantine camps, health care interrogations and mandatory "decontaminations"

Anonymous said...

Did any of you get a chance to read this from Canada Free Press by Joan Swirsky? She has some great articles she has written. Here is her latest!

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/14089

It long but well worth the read. Please pass along to those you know too!

-Jec

hyde said...

One of the OL members pointed this site out:

Palestinian Media Watch.

Shalu shalom Yerushalayim

Harold said...

Hi Everybody,

I was in the neighbourhood, and I thought I would stop by and say congratulations to Mac and Alesia. That is great news! Have you set a date yet (like you haven't been asked that question by dozens of people already)? I found the best response to questions like this is to just keep answering "Wednesday." :-)

Take care,
Harold

campsmore said...

news is hot off the press and off the wall.

campsmore said...

Harold, are you as cute as your puppy? (oh, good grief! I'm just kidding!) he he heh I couldn't resist.

Now seriously, explain the adorable puppy in the picture.

jim.carroll said...

Appropo of Harold's comment on "have you set a date yet" question, it reminded me of one of my favorite wedding cards.

The front has some statement about, "Finally, you two have gotten married. Now you won't keep having people asking when you're planning to get married." You open to card to read, "So, when are you going to have kids?"

:-) <><

campsmore said...

Jim C.

Love it!

Harold said...

Hi campsmore,

That is picture of Mindy. My wife and I bought 2 Yorkie (Yorkshire Terrier) pups a couple of months ago. They were 10 weeks old at the time and now they are about 18 weeks old. They are sisters and they were the two smallest pups in the litter. Their names are Myah and Mindy.

Growing up on a farm, we always had Border Collies when I was a kid (with the exception of one very large Husky/German Shepard cross). I always thought I would get a big dog when I finally did buy a dog. I was never a fan of little dogs.

However, now that I live in the city, a big dog is not practical. My wife sent me pictures of puppies for weeks until she finally wore me down and I agreed to go puppy shopping. My wife had a Yorkie when she was a kid, so she was partial to them.

We set up a couple of appointments to see some pups (Yorkies, Morkies, and Malshies), but we ended up buying the Yorkies from the first place we looked. They were a super nice family who really cared about their dogs and had never had pups before (it was important to us they were not from a puppy mill).

There were 4 pups in the litter (a large male and a large female and two much smaller females). I fell in love with one of the smallest ones right off the start. I picked her up and she curled up in my lap and just stayed there. That is my little Mindy.

My wife really liked the other small female (Myah). They both appeared to be really good buddies.

So...I got this crazy idea that we should get both of them, as I hated to split them up. It is ironic that I was the one so resistant to getting a dog and yet I was the one who suggested we get two. :-)

It has only been two months, but I can't imagine my life without them now. They are both just under 4 pounds now, but are they ever feisty (like most terriers)! They spend hours wrestling on the floor. If they weighed another 50 pounds they would be really dangerous! :-)

We took them camping earlier in the month and they seemed to really enjoy it. We bought them little life jackets and they looked awful cute swimming in the lake with them on.

Well, I better go, as this has probably been way more information than you asked for and I hear Mindy crying downstairs now. I better take the pups out for a walk.

Take care,
Harold

jim.carroll said...

Lori, Shalom! Of course, that reminded me of ANOTHER cartoon. This one shows two men standing in a living room, looking down at a baby chewing on a chew ring. One says to the other,

"We thought we had baby-proofed the house, but sure enough, one snuck in."

<><

campsmore said...

Harold,

I like the names you and your wife picked out for the doggies. If it were a male and female, you could've named them Mork and Mindy.

I have two large dogs, one is old, 13. (He has a yellow swim vest too) I decided recently that when they pass, I won't replace them, right away. I just love dogs. I'm leaning toward smaller dogs for the future though. Less hair.... Some days when I clean the floor, I gather enough hair for a small sheltie. And I kind of like the idea of taking them to the store, camping would be easier too.

We camp a lot and our "old man," Bingo is not allowed to go anymore. He was so naughty last time, it was awful. He keep pulling food off plates, rolling in dirt after his swim, barking at all hours of the night. He never acts like this at home. (Reminded me of teenagers) I wanted to keep saying, "He's not mine!" Jack is a good camper, he's just huge and needs his own tent.

I saw a dog that looked a German Shepherd with high hips. It turned out to be a Belgian Malinois. They do have strong hips and are less apt to get hip displacia which is common with Shepherds. I could fall in love with that one, if I could afford it.

Alesia said...

HAROLD, HAROLD, HAROLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have NO idea how happy I was to see your name - I've missed you so!

Thank you - and no, we've not set a date. :-(

Please don't be a stranger.
And, congrats on the doggies - adorable pic.

Jim C - very funny!

jib said...

Harold

nice to see your name. don't be such a stranger. cute dog. we have a golden poodle mix named cherry. she is a strawberry blonde, very loving but not that smart. she unfortunately has lot of ortho problems-both hips and knees and she's only 3. guess the person we bought her from not as ethical as we thought. live and learn

Jim C

loved the cards

Late Night Lisa said...

Parables-blog A great article on George Muller & trusting God for "Daily" provision.

Kind of hit home in my situation where we were all used to being supported by steady income now find ourselves on the edge of our seats not knowing what will happen or if/how much $$ will come in the future.

It's kind of hard to plan things out or know what we can spend on the kid's lessons/school etc...

I have to trust the Lord since He answered our prayers to put the kids into private Christian school that we will have enough $$ to pay for it. Yikes!

It's not that difficult in the short term but when it goes on for long periods of time - well, there is definately a learning curve.

Anonymous said...

Harold, that was the cutest little puppy dog story I have heard in a long time. As I was reading this story to my wife, it really made us laugh when we got to the part ab out "life Jackets". I got a little teary eyed about how cute mindy is! Thanks. -Jec

Harold said...

campsmore,

Originally, we thought we might buy a Morkie (Maltese/Yorkie cross) and call her Mindy. However, we got the two Yorkies instead and called one Mindy anyways. We found out shortly after we bought the Yorkies that a friend of my wife's just bought a Morkie and called it Mindy. So...I am thinking the name Mindy for a Morkie is ridiculously popular. :-)

Speaking of dog hair, Yorkies are hypo-allergenic and do not shed (you have to clip them however, as their hair keeps growing). My wife is very allergic to cats and dogs, but the Yorkies don't bother her at all.

Alesia,

How have you been? Thanks for the congrats on the dogs. I have missed you guys as well. I hadn't stopped by Hyde's Place in a year or so, but when ATTY told me yesterday that you and Mac were engaged, I had to stop by. Congratulations again!

I don't seem to have anytime to read or post on the blog anymore. In addition to the regular busyness of life, it is a full time job just trying to keep up on the news.

jib,

I am sorry to hear about the hip and knee problems your golden poodle is having. It is very upsetting when our pets are in pain. I know dogs and cats are not nearly as important as children, family members and friends, but it is amazing how they tug on our heart-strings.

Mindy gave my wife and I quite a scare about 1 1/2 ago. My wife gave her a treat and she started to choke on it. She was yipping and crying. We were not sure what to do with her. It was good that she was able to make a noise, as that meant her air way wasn't totally blocked, but she really sounded like she was in pain. Normally, we are very careful to give them small treats. Yorkies are known for having collapsed trachea problems (Myah, the other puppy is already showing signs of that as she often starts choking for no reason). Unfortunately, this treat was a little too big and Mindy must have tried to swallow it whole. She is fine now, but there were several anxious minutes.

It was amazing to see how concerned Myah got when Mindy was in distress. She ran over and was pawing and sniffing at Mindy as my wife held her. I couldn't keep her away. Despite all the fighting the pups do and all the times they hurt one another to the point where one of them is yelping badly from being dragged across the floor by their face hair when the other pup gets a hold of it, Myah knew that Mindy was hurt and was trying to help. A few minutes later, the battle was on again and Myah jumped on Mindy mercilessly. That is siblings for you.

Take care,
Harold

Anne said...

Harold, I'm so happy to see you! Gee, wonder who tipped you off about the big engagement... ;-)

Anne said...

Ooops, sorry, Harold, I tripped on your post.

Harold said...

Hi Jec,

One of these days, I am actually going to put something on my blog and when I do, I will put up some pictures of the pups in their life jackets.

Hi Anne,

ATTY did mention it was you that told him about the engagement. Thanks for the info. :-)

Take care,
Harold

Anonymous said...

Wow, has a lot happened here in my absence or what!

Well, first things first.

Dear Alesia and Mac:

There is a guiding hand that has brought you both together to make the two of you one.

A caring, loving God who will bless your lives together with celebration, and the promise of happiness.

As you journey together through each tomorrow, let His spirit continue to inspire and direct you and keep you forever as one.

Congratulations on your engagement and God Bless you both!


Next thing you know, I'll be hearing that Grany got a tattoo and ran off with a carnival worker (just kidding Grany - LOL!)

Well, seeing all the familiar names here does bring back great memories. I'm going to have to occasionally pop in now that Anne was kind enough to give me the link that I had lost to this place.













News Item ; )

A woman had just returned to her home from an evening of church services, when she was startled by an intruder. She caught the man in the act of robbing her home of its valuables and yelled:
'Stop! Acts 2:38!' (Repent and be Baptized, in the name of Jesus Christ, so that your sins may be forgiven.)

The burglar stopped in his tracks. The woman calmly called the police and explained what she had done.

As the officer cuffed the man to take him in, he asked the burglar: 'Why did you just stand there? All the old lady did was yell a scripture to you.'

'Scripture?' replied the burglar. 'She said she had an Ax and Two 38s!'

donna said...

wow...what a nice surprise to see atty and harold!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thought you guys might enjoy this.

This post is related to the subject of symbolism in the bible, then and now.

There was just too much symbolism in the above linked post to ignore. I used to dismiss this kind of stuff as conspiracy talk, but when I think about the way God chose to convey messages in the past, he oftentimes seemed to have used this very style of communicating. For example, the symbolism used in Nebuchadnezzar's dream is consistent with the kind of symbolism the author presumes to exist in the above linked post. This has really opened my eyes. Unless one recognizes that this form of symbolic communication was in fact used by God in the past, they are guaranteed to be blinded to its possible application today. Is our being able to see it a form of spiritual discernment given to those who are watchful in the last days? Something to think about.

Alf Cengia said...

Harold and ATTY, Alesia and I very much appreciate your kind words and well wishes! It's really nice to hear from you guys.

I'll look at that link, ATTY. I actually can't wait to get a hold of Bob Morley's book that looks at shadows and types.

Late Night Lisa said...

Babylon This article looked to be fairly insightful on what the "Babylon" of Revelation is referring to."Come out of {Babylon] My people."

Alf Cengia said...

Thy Will Be Done

jib said...

first of all

Atty good to see you back here.

Second

Lisa
the problem I have with the folks who make America out to be Babylon is the same thing that this guy is guilty of, although he does make some good points in the context of living a Godly life etc, are his hermeneutics. He is guilty of spiritualizing something for the church that is meant for the nation of Israel. The bulk of Revelation is meant for the nation of Israel not the church. I also got the impression that underlying his whole post was a belief in replacement theology since he seems to equate Zion as the true church who have come out of the false churches. Interpreting things meant literally as something spiritual is how we got the whole mess known as replacement theology. Since the Jews had not been a nation for some time no one could envision a time when the Jews would actually be a nation again, and yet it happened. So right now people can't envision a real Babylon coming back from the ashes because it looks and sounds absurd. The Jews returning to Israel was also absurd for the longest time also. I'd be cautious about this guy.

jim.carroll said...

Speaking of pets, some of you might be interested in this:

New company to rescue left-behind pets after the Rapture

<><

Alesia said...

Grumpy...er...ATTY!!!!
I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!!!

First Harold, then ATTY - how wonderful to see you guys.
Thanks ATTY, that was beautiful.

Please, please, please don't be strangers - I've really missed you both.

Atty - in a weird kinda way, you can take credit for Mac & I finding each other.
I've said this before, I will be eternally grateful to you. If not for you, I'd probably not kept going back to Joel's & if I hadn't, I don't know that I would have found the Lord, completely.

Now, I've found Mac, as well - all because of you! THANK YOU, MAN
~sniffle~

Late Night Lisa said...

Jib,

I had caught that underlying replacement theology thought as well as the comment of being overly
"literal."

Good to point that out though.

It seems he did a good job of pointing out the spirit behind coming out of Babylon which is more complex that just coming out of "America" or the "RCC" or "Pagan Christianity" or a literally "rebuilt Babylon" & the list goes on. Many authors make a claim to pin the tail on one donkey.

The bottom line I came out of it was that you're not really coming out of anything unless a Christian lives in the Spirit rather than the flesh. No matter how many miracles, works, or fruit shown through the name of Jesus is present.

jib said...

As I said he had some good points and I came away with that as well BUT someone less grounded in the faith might come away with something else and it would be prudent to read whoever this is with a healthy dose of discernment.

campsmore said...

Like my coffee, the News, is hot!

Late Night Lisa said...

Jib- another great point,well said.

A brother in Christ (Charles) from Haiti,Africa which I met from the Online Global Ministry pointed this scripture out to me the other day.

It's Paul telling the people how he felt about others preaching Christ out of the wrong motivations. I guess you could consider it preaching out of the flesh rather than the Spirit of God.

This is one I formerly had overlooked-but now it's underlined thanks to Brother Charles.

Philippians 1:15-18

"Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from goodwill; The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel. What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.

jim.carroll said...

Shalom, all! I don't know how many of you followed David Wilkerson's advice earlier this year in his "Urgent Message". I know I did in terms of stocking up on food, etc. There were several other prophecies around at the time that said to "watch for summer."

Now, when I told my ex about this (when I bought 30 days of food for them) and she asked how long before they could start digging into the pile (i.e., how long did she need to save the food), I told her "until the end of summer."

The problem is, it's the end of August, and nothing has happened yet. Traditionally, summer ends on Labor Day, so I guess there's another week to go.

It's not that I'm hoping to see New York City and other cities consumed by riot and flame. It's just that, like I was joking with my daughter's boyfriend the other night, it's hard to be taken seriously when your paranoid fantasies don't come true. I mean, NYC doesn't have to be consumed with flame. Just certain parts of the Upper East Side and maybe parts of New Jersey. (Or as one author put it, "Detonate a small nuclear device in New York, it's a tragedy. Detonate that same device in New Jersey and you could get someone to pay for it with an urban renewal grant.")

So, I've got two outs if nothing happens by Wednesday. First, I'll remind her that summer doesn't end until Labor Day. Second, I'll point out that the season doesn't officially end on the astronomical calendar until Sept. 22nd. (Sept. 22, 2009 at 5:19 P.M. EDT, to be precise, per the Old Farmer's Almanac.) (Come to think of it, Rosh Ha-Shana is on Sept. 19. Hmmm...)

Until then, though, I'll just be looking at articles like the "20-fold judgment" that ATTY linked to yesterday, about how America will be divided in half with the New Madrid fault, and I'll just be saying, "Promises, promises..."

<><

Anonymous said...

Dear Alesia, you can't imagine how blessed I feel because of what you said. It has to rank as one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me in my life, and one of the most important things I have ever had a part in. Thank you so much for those kind words.

I guess I accomplished a two-fer. A bride for Christ and a bride for Mac : )

I want to say hi to everyone else here by name, but I'm afraid I'll miss someone, so please allow me to simply say hi to all of you instead.

I'll definitely pop in occasionally, but I have a feeling we'll all be meeting "up" somewhere else very very soon.

Go Bless all of you,
ATTY, fka Grumpy : )

Anne said...

Jim C, don't eat that food just yet, unless you're rotating it, that is. Carter Conlon(Times Square Church, Wilkerson's) gave what he calls a "prophetic" message this morning. "Coming Out of the Wilderness With Power" He still believes that we are coming into some very hard times though he doesn't say what the calamity will be. We'll see.

Atty, what very kind words. We hope you will stop in again, any time.

Alesia said...

Do you demonstrate God's mercy to other people?

But you, dear friends, must continue to build your lives on the foundation of your holy faith. And continue to pray as you are directed by the Holy Spirit. Live in such a way that God's love can bless you as you wait for the eternal life that our Lord Jesus Christ in his mercy is going to give you. Show mercy to those whose faith is wavering. Rescue others by snatching them from the flames of judgment. There are still others to whom you need to show mercy, but be careful that you aren't contaminated by their sins.

Titus 1:20:23 NLT
Micah 6:8 NLT

Show mercy

Christians have sometimes been accused of shooting their own wounded. In our zeal for God, we can sometimes become impatient and judgmental with those who struggle with sin and doubt. Instead of rejecting them, Jude says, we should have mercy on them—just as Christ had mercy on us when he forgave our many sins. While we must not tolerate or accept sin, we are to love and accept others with kindness and mercy. If you know someone who has fallen away from God, your kindness may be just what is needed to lead them back to God.

Homeward Bound said...

Really wonderful to see ATTY fka Grumpy, and Harold. So glad you found us again.

Late Night Lisa said...

Jim C.

So she's getting ancy to use up the food, huh? I would tell her to keep the supply indefinitely unless the date was going to expire soon. Well-at least that's my plan.

There have been so many similar prophetic warnings in regards to the U.S.-fire/calamity/etc..

Perhaps we should think back to some of the OT examples. When the prophets were given the warnings how much time passed between the warning turning into action?

One of the warnings I know was California being on fire. From personal experience (house close to burning down) to the current situation-LA on fire-that prophecy sure seems to be coming to pass at least here. Maybe we'll have these bad regional fires before a massive "state wide" type breaks out-who knows.

The Bible does indicate that life goes on as usual & people are complacent before all hell breaks loose-so we could be in the lull before the storm. The prophets use the "lull" time to warn of the upcoming storm. It's the setting of time frames that throws off those weak in faith.

The feeling of urgency that accompanies the dream/vision/revelation inspires the prophet to get out & relay the message. Without the burden we probably would not naturally go out and tell perceived negative and or/odd news to the world. The prophet has to go out on a limb & face the consequences all the while representing the Lord.

Obviously if nothing of the sort occurs this calendar year then the time frame was the prophet's own reasoning interjected into the warning.

The office of prophet was one of the most health hazard jobs in the ministry & the first guy to be silenced. It's difficult to understand exactly what our fellow Brothers & Sisters in Christ go though w/this ministry.

campsmore said...

Off the Wall News

Bingo is improving... eating, drinking and walking. God heals doggies too.

Alesia said...

Lori - Must have missed the comment about Bingo - glad things are looking up.

On your news site, how come you can't access articles further back than yesterday? I noticed it yesterday but thought it was a fluke.

Does anyone else think Blair's starting to sound like the false prophet?

campsmore said...

Alesia, Thanks for alerting me. No, I was unaware of the problem and will check it out.

campsmore said...

I posted Solana's Middle East itinerary on the site, is that what you're talking about? If so, this isn't a link, just a schedule.

Alesia said...

Lori, I just went & checked again, there's weirdness running amuck in between Aug 30th & Aug 29th.
I didn't scroll further down to see Aug 29th articles are still there.

campsmore said...

I added, "Javier Solana's Middle East Itinerary (not a link)"
to the beginning of the dates in question.

campsmore said...

Hopefully that will fix the problem...
thanks again!

Alesia said...

weirdness running amuck OR Solana's schedule HAHA - is there a difference?

Thanks Lori for clarifying!

Alesia said...

Am praying about the out of control wildfires in CA.

Are our CA folks here, safe & out of harms way?

Mr Hyde said...

I've added a blog list for Joel Rosenberg that updates whenever he posts something new, and I've taken the prayer request off.

Marge, let me know if it slows things down for your dial up.

Harold said...

Hi Mac and Homeward Bound,

It is nice to talk to you guys again.

Jim C,

How are things?

Late Night Lisa,

Are you still a total book worm? :-)

I read several books over the last year of so, that I am sure you have already discussed. I thought "Temple At the Center of Time" was good and "Isralestine" was excellent!

I have been doing a lot of reading over the last few months about the Federal Reserve, the IMF, the World Bank, the Bilderberg group, the CFR, and the TC. The members of these organizations are the people who currently control the world.

The best book I have read in the last couple of years was a book called "Seeds of Destruction." It is a secular book, but it totally changed my view on who runs the world and how the AC is going to take over. The "Bilderberg Group" was also an excellent book.

A few of you were discussing "Babylon" and what country this actually represents a day or two ago. I have gone back and forth on this so many times. I used to think it was Iraq (the original Babylon) like Joel Rosenberg believes and then I thought it was Rome. For awhile, I even thought it was Saudi Arabia after reading a book that presented a very strong case for it.

However, I am now 100% convinced that the Babylon discussed in Revelation is the U.S. (maybe more specifically New York City). I have no doubts whatsoever about that. In Revelation, it calls Babylon "Mystery Babylon", which to me means it is not the original Babylon (Iraq) or it wouldn't be a mystery.

I, of course, reserve the right to change my mind at a moments notice. :-)

Harold

Late Night Lisa said...

Harold,

Well, I'm not going through them quite as fast but-yes I'm still at it.

I also loved "Isralestine" & "The Temple @ the Center of Time" & read those two hot off the press.
I'll have to check out the others you mentioned.

The one I'm currently reading is "Seduction of the Saints" by Charles Crismier. I'm almost finished & it's now one of my favorites as well.

I know what you mean about the Rev. "Babylon" topic. I've been through the same thought process.
Do you think that "Babylon" perspective in the article I just posted has any merit?

Those groups certainly pull the global strings-I checked them out as well. And then I find even more
in this tangled web of greed & power & man's rule apart from God.

Alesia, We're not in the line of fire-yet. It's about 120 miles away.

And Tony Blair- he's been sounding like a false prophet to me ever since he found his "religious enlightenment". He could be just one of many to come though.

hyde said...

Harold, believe it or not, I'm still trying to get through Doug Berner's book. I originally bought it as a PDF but Alesia has since lent me the real book version. I'm still impressed with his meticulous attention to details and the amount of info the book contains. One problem with me is that I usually have several books on the go.

Mr Hyde said...

I know it's a bit early but the new post is up.